Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

12 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Fair enough. It feels like every time I come now, it's the same old, same old back and forth. I guess I just hoped for a little bit more substance than "my mate says so therefore it's happening. [sic]."

I only post what I have been told, and people are free to decide if it’s accurate or not.  I’m not even sure myself sometimes.  I believe there is also an element of deliberate misinformation going on.  However at the end of the day this is only an internet forum and it’s par for the course, no better than pub chat.

As I said earlier, there are several different versions of what is going on, but the only people who know for sure what the reality is are the higher echelons of the SFA.  Maybe someone should drop Ian Maxwell an email and ask him.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

See when people claim to have heard from a reliable source, in what way are you expecting to convince people like myself reading this from the outside?

You're still basically a random stranger on the internet to me, so what makes you think I'm going to trust "I've heard from a reliable source that EJFA are joining from tier because that's what someone told me or I've heard it." [sic]

From the EoS side perspective, seeing the EJFA joining at tier 6 would be daft because it shafts all the clubs that have come over from the juniors in the first place, not to mention the stupidity of two feeders from the area.

Seeing it from the juniors side, when they're being told they can just join at tier 6, it will seem daft to them having to apply drop below the EOS in order to be part of the pyramid,

So until the powers in control of this make the information transparent, which they should be doing yesterday, these arguments are dead rubbers. Am I f**k taking either side's sources, especially when it feels like a few posters just seem to be looking for a confirmation bias that they're right and screw your damn facts.

If they applied for eosfl they would come on at tier 7. For he majority bathgate etc even if juniors  was tier 6 the teams in second league would be tier 7

An excerpt from a non football blog.  A view of Scottish football from someone outside the sport. Sometimes they can see the wood without the trees. 

You see, it's one of the great aye beenisms of Scottish Sport, that we always seem to have awfully long tails wagging the dog.

Take Scottish football – 42 “Senior” teams, most of them part-time clubs. Far too many, not even all 12 of our top flight clubs can truly be said to be fit for purpose. Below them we have the “non-league senior” clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues, propped-up by the East and South of Scotland Leagues.

If Scottish Football was to be re-organised into something resembling the reality of the situation, we would be down to something like 16 or at most 20 “Senior” clubs, with the rest being community based “Junior” clubs.

Mind you, even the top junior clubs, in most-cases, mirror their senior brethren, and in a lot of cases the only locals involved are paying to watch.

I never understand when people say there are too many clubs in Scotland - its Rangers, Hearts, Dundee United, Dundee, Livingston, Dunfermline etc who have been in financial shite over the last decade or so who would no doubt all be clubs in this 16 team utopia.

Clubs cut their cloth accordingly from Brechin to Berwick to Bathgate to Beith and yet its these clubs that people want to cast out into some wilderness based on the fact that they arent a supposed big club. Utter wankers who have that pov imho.

2 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

See when people claim to have heard from a reliable source, in what way are you expecting to convince people like myself reading this from the outside?

You're still basically a random stranger on the internet to me, so what makes you think I'm going to trust "I've heard from a reliable source that EJFA are joining from tier because that's what someone told me or I've heard it." [sic]

From the EoS side perspective, seeing the EJFA joining at tier 6 would be daft because it shafts all the clubs that have come over from the juniors in the first place, not to mention the stupidity of two feeders from the area.

Seeing it from the juniors side, when they're being told they can just join at tier 6, it will seem daft to them having to apply drop below the EOS in order to be part of the pyramid,

So until the powers in control of this make the information transparent, which they should be doing yesterday, these arguments are dead rubbers. Am I f**k taking either side's sources, especially when it feels like a few posters just seem to be looking for a confirmation bias that they're right and screw your damn facts.

I guess it depends on what you define as a reliable source. I’ve been told from someone better informed than myself who is seldom wrong that the juniors will be joining the pyramid at tier 6 from next season and a few clubs who thought it was EOS or bust have now applied to return . Those who are against that happening will rightly or wrongly refuse to believe it . Suspect  there’s plenty going on behind the scenes at the moment so it’s inevitable there will be lots of rumours.  I’ve been involved in junior football for the past 26 years and a follower of this forum for at least the last ten. Never in all that time have I witnessed so much of what I can only class as bullying on a subject than this one. It’s a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is no longer a debate and has gotten out of hand.  Every week at games the length and breadth of the country im hearing  comments like “I dinny post there anymare , if you dinny agree with ********* you get shot doon”  or “I’ve stopped going on there noo, got tired of his constant agenda”  Quite frankly there is a growing consensus out there  that the moderators  have allowed the loudest voice to take over and are letting the owner down.

8 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I guess it depends on what you define as a reliable source. I’ve been told from someone better informed than myself who is seldom wrong that the juniors will be joining the pyramid at tier 6 from next season and a few clubs who thought it was EOS or bust have now applied to return . Those who are against that happening will rightly or wrongly refuse to believe it . Suspect  there’s plenty going on behind the scenes at the moment so it’s inevitable there will be lots of rumours.  I’ve been involved in junior football for the past 26 years and a follower of this forum for at least the last ten. Never in all that time have I witnessed so much of what I can only class as bullying on a subject than this one. It’s a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is no longer a debate and has gotten out of hand.  Every week at games the length and breadth of the country im hearing  comments like “I dinny post there anymare , if you dinny agree with ********* you get shot doon”  or “I’ve stopped going on there noo, got tired of his constant agenda”  Quite frankly there is a growing consensus out there  that the moderators  have allowed the loudest voice to take over and are letting the owner down.

Bomber72, new ID, Junior troll :lol:

1 hour ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Its a shame they havent shut down a multi id troll like you, you've made this board unreadable over the years with your agenda.

All these clubs moving back, I assume would be the smaller clubs - the top clubs are all looking clear to being in the EOS top flight, well Bo'ness look like they may be in a fight but everyone else looks already locked in,  next year which will be a stronger league than the East Superleague. The likes of Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg would be daft to move but it may make sense for the likes of someone (I cant think who at the moment).

And a merry Christmas to all of you at home, I'll be back in the New Year after my holidays. Not that any of you are bothered but I thought I'd wish you all the best anyway.

Edited by Jason King

1 hour ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I’ve been told from someone better informed than myself who is seldom wrong that the juniors will be joining the pyramid at tier 6 from next season and a few clubs who thought it was EOS or bust have now applied to return .

Presumably it won't be clubs like Sauchie or Broxburn as they wouldn't be allowed to just retake their place in the Superleague, so they'd be a tier below where they will be in the EOS next season. And clubs in Edinburgh and Mid/East Lothian would be isolated if they returned so it's unlikely to be them either.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably it won't be clubs like Sauchie or Broxburn as they wouldn't be allowed to just retake their place in the Superleague, so they'd be a tier below where they will be in the EOS next season. And clubs in Edinburgh and Mid/East Lothian would be isolated if they returned so it's unlikely to be them either.

Only moaner so far has been Dundonald 

2 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Following for ten years but only just joined. Since its the same back and forth for a while now, what's finally convinced you to sign up ?

:huh:

4 hours ago, Garret Deasy said:

An excerpt from a non football blog.  A view of Scottish football from someone outside the sport. Sometimes they can see the wood without the trees. 

You see, it's one of the great aye beenisms of Scottish Sport, that we always seem to have awfully long tails wagging the dog.

Take Scottish football – 42 “Senior” teams, most of them part-time clubs. Far too many, not even all 12 of our top flight clubs can truly be said to be fit for purpose. Below them we have the “non-league senior” clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues, propped-up by the East and South of Scotland Leagues.

If Scottish Football was to be re-organised into something resembling the reality of the situation, we would be down to something like 16 or at most 20 “Senior” clubs, with the rest being community based “Junior” clubs.

Mind you, even the top junior clubs, in most-cases, mirror their senior brethren, and in a lot of cases the only locals involved are paying to watch.

I don't know what blog that is, but it's horseshit you are reading. Ill-informed and sneering horseshit.

There are not enough clubs! Every village should have one, community focussed and part of one nationwide pyramid.

7 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If they applied for eosfl they would come on at tier 7. For he majority bathgate etc even if juniors  was tier 6 the teams in second league would be tier 7

If you look at the South of Tay clubs still in the East Region, only 4 of them played in the Super League after going to the Super-Premier-(North & South) format. Making the move to EoSFL at Tier 7 is basically on a par to where they have been since 2013 if not higher. If you're a Premier South club not challenging for promotion you may as well investigate the possibility of move to the EoS next year. Weigh up the benefits properly.

image.png.8f8055133116ecc943a3986878c71f10.png

Out of the above clubs is there any that have indicated that they will be definitely be staying in the East Region next season?

At the moment there would appear to be "zilch" that have made such a commitment and all we are getting is unfounded bluster from the usual suspects.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If you look at the South of Tay clubs still in the East Region, only 4 of them played in the Super League after going to the Super-Premier-(North & South) format. Making the move to EoSFL at Tier 7 is basically on a par to where they have been since 2013 if not higher. If you're a Premier South club not challenging for promotion you may as well investigate the possibility of move to the EoS next year. Weigh up the benefits properly.

image.png.8f8055133116ecc943a3986878c71f10.png

The EoS structure next season will be an EoS Premier of 16 clubs, and then probably two Conferences, if all of the remaining Lothians and Fife clubs from the ERJFA moved over there would probably be three Conferences, and this is how it could look.....

I have made a few assumptions, such as Bonnyrigg going up to the Lowland League, with Whitehill Welfare coming down (and I know there's a good chance of Linlithgow also going up if they miss out in the play-off), I've also had to guess who makes up the Premier league, but it provides a rough idea.  The winners of each Conference would I assume be promoted to the Premier (tier 6) with three being relegated from the Premier, with the next 4 clubs in each Conference plus the best 6th placed, plus the 3 relegated clubs, forming a 16 team EoS First the following season (tier 7), and the remainder perhaps split into two regional divisions below that (tier 8 ).  Something to chew over.

201920.jpg

Edited by Burnie_man