Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

Oh yes they will

Can you provide some evidence of this? you clearly have been convinced, by what exactly?

As pointed out by several posters on here, there is none, so as it currently stands the ERJFA will not enter the Pyramid at tier 6 until the HL/LL boundary changes and there is agreement on the PWG, none of that has happened.

Now that might change, but currently there is no agreement or consensus, the PWG haven't announced it, SFA haven't announced it, the SJFA haven't announced it (and you can bet your bottom dollar they would the second it was), no other leagues have announced it, and there is nothing in the media breaking the story, there's zilch.   Discussions on the PWG continue, next meeting January/February.

Can i ask are you on the committee at the Dale? Why do you really think staying Junior is better than coming to eosfl and having everyone in the one organisation. If you got promoted you'd be travelling to Tayside most weeks instead of EOSFL where the worst is eyemouth or tweedmouth?

No I am not on the committee I am a supporter. There may be no junior football as the East Region will be in the pyramid next year so clubs will have an opportunity to remain or move to another league. The SFA have made a complete farce of the pyramid system it is evident they are protecting the SPFL clubs by changing the rules on licensing to reduce the participation of smaller clubs in the Scottish Cup.

31 minutes ago, edinabear said:

This whole conversation has been going round in circles since the beginning of the season. Its time for at least one of the managing bodies to take some responsibility and make a statement as to what actually is happening.

The only body who will announce it is the SFA, and they will not comment on something that hasn't been agreed. So all we have to go on is known facts, and there aren't any to support the view that the ERJFA will enter at tier 6 next season as their website claims.

15 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

No I am not on the committee I am a supporter. There may be no junior football as the East Region will be in the pyramid next year so clubs will have an opportunity to remain or move to another league. The SFA have made a complete farce of the pyramid system it is evident they are protecting the SPFL clubs by changing the rules on licensing to reduce the participation of smaller clubs in the Scottish Cup.

Yes but it wouldoes be junior in name. So why not just move across I'd love dale bathgate Fauldhouse etc to move across in know for house they'd drop a tier for a season but surely it's better than Going to tayside 

Can you provide some evidence of this? you clearly have been convinced, by what exactly?
As pointed out by several posters on here, there is none, so as it currently stands the ERJFA will not enter the Pyramid at tier 6 until the HL/LL boundary changes and there is agreement on the PWG, none of that has happened.
Now that might change, but currently there is no agreement or consensus, the PWG haven't announced it, SFA haven't announced it, the SJFA haven't announced it (and you can bet your bottom dollar they would the second it was), no other leagues have announced it, and there is nothing in the media breaking the story, there's zilch.   Discussions on the PWG continue, next meeting January/February.

Evidence yes mr Maxwell,s e-mail no smoke without fire. I do not think that the East Region would dare to make statements on their websites without concrete advice. Let’s face it the SJFA have 129 member clubs the EOS have 39 competitive clubs politics are being played the SFA want their pyramid system up and running compromises have been made.

24 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Evidence yes mr Maxwell,s e-mail no smoke without fire. I do not think that the East Region would dare to make statements on their websites without concrete advice. Let’s face it the SJFA have 129 member clubs the EOS have 39 competitive clubs politics are being played the SFA want their pyramid system up and running compromises have been made.

As has been said a number of times that email really doesn't hold much water given the content has been disputed.  Yes, the West Region will come into the Pyramid, probably the North, but it's far from the case with the East Region, it doesn't make any sense and that has been pointed out to Mr.Maxwell subsequently by the EoS.  There was clearly a misunderstanding.

That is where were are just now, the EoS point out they are - rightly - the senior league covering the east of Scotland and there is no need for another league covering the same area.  How that plays out remains to be seen, but it is not a "done deal" as some from the East Region claim. 

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

If you want to play the numbers game - the SFA pyramid contains 130 clubs, and in the EOS catchment area the SJFA only has 20 clubs. The pyramid system is up and running - it's the SJFA clubs that voted to join so they shouldn't be dictating terms to clubs and leagues already there.

4 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Of course the SFA will look after the interests of SPFL clubs, who have been longstanding Members of the Association.  These clubs will need to be consulted about (and agree ?)  such issues as a possible Highland/Lowland boundary change, any radical alterations to the pyramid  structure,  promotion & relegation between the league and non league tiers, changes in licensing standards, etc. 

Don't fall for "fake news" advocated by clubs & organisations which have a vested ('political') interest in causing confusion.  Wait for official announcements, from the SFA. Remember, it is an SFA pyramid. 

12 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Will the SFA force the issue or side with the SJFA? We’ll see, but if it’s the latter, the slow drip of WL and Fife clubs from ERJFA to EoS will continue regardless.

Indeed Burnie. Also I was remiss not to mention that this whole shebang  started in Fife thanks to Kelty. So seems really unlikely to come unstuck there.

As has been said elsewhere, the SFA or someone official somewhere has to come out and say what's going on. The EoS application deadline is little over three months away. The SFA or PWG should state what the current situation is to cut down on misinformation so that clubs thinking of moving at least have some idea of where they stand. Until then I don't think there's really a great deal more anyone can say on the question of what's going to happen to the Juniors.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

Indeed Burnie. Also I was remiss not to mention that this whole shebang  started in Fife thanks to Kelty. So seems really unlikely to come unstuck there.
As has been said elsewhere, the SFA or someone official somewhere has to come out and say what's going on. The EoS application deadline is little over three months away. The SFA or PWG should state what the current situation is to cut down on misinformation so that clubs thinking of moving at least have some idea of where they stand. Until then I don't think there's really a great deal more anyone can say on the question of what's going to happen to the Juniors.
I doubt the SFA will say anything until an agreement has been signed, sealed and delivered, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon. That is the way they operate. That then leaves a vacuum for speculation and rumour. Doesn't help the clubs of course but they need to rely on their leagues for that information but it's clear the SJFA are churning out a different line to the one everyone else is. Make up your own mind why that is.

Those in the East therefore looking to move need to weigh up the pros and cons as things stand, and make a decision before 31st March. Plenty clubs done that earlier this year.

51 minutes ago, Bomber72 said:

Oh yes they will

This is not official - so wait for an official announcement (how long?) - but what I hear is that the East Region JFA is to become the Tayside Senior League. All existing East Region Juniors going into that, regardless of whether or not they are north or south of the Tay Bridge.

Those north of the Tay Bridge who gain a Licence will be able (not immediately compulsory) to apply for membership of the Highland league. If two apply or one plus say Banks O'Dee, then the Highland League could split into two Divisions.

Those south of the Tay Bridge who gain a Licence could progress via the East of Scotland Senior League (again not immediately compulsory).

The SFA's original proposal when the Lowland League was set up was for two Lowland feeder leagues, one in the west and one in the east. The EOS being the feeder in the east with the ERJFA league merging with that in an agreed way.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

This is not official - so wait for an official announcement (how long?) - but what I hear is that the East Region JFA is to become the Tayside Senior League. All existing East Region Juniors going into that, regardless of whether or not they are north or south of the Tay Bridge.

Those north of the Tay Bridge who gain a Licence will be able (not immediately compulsory) to apply for membership of the Highland league. If two apply or one plus say Banks O'Dee, then the Highland League could split into two Divisions.

Those south of the Tay Bridge who gain a Licence could progress via the East of Scotland Senior League (again not immediately compulsory).

The SFA's original proposal when the Lowland League was set up was for two Lowland feeder leagues, one in the west and one in the east. The EOS being the feeder in the east with the ERJFA league merging with that in an agreed way.

This seems to me to be eminently sensible. The top league of the ERSJFA is made up almost entirely of teams from in and around Tayside, with the exception of Fauldhouse United and Whitburn. It is these two West Lothian teams who have a decision to make - do they continue throwing in their lot with Tayside or do they, along with the South Division feeder league sides (some of whom refused promotion to avoid travelling regularly to Tayside), look to make the move to the EoSFL like so many of their previous Junior rivals did in the close season?

Such an orderly merger, perhaps in much the same fashion as has been achieved this season, is by far and away the best method by which to get all sides into the Pyramid and the Scottish non-league game properly aligned.

Edited by 12 Angry Men

As we're less than six months away from it potentially happening, I agree with those who are saying we need some sort of official update from the SFA on this.

From what I understand has been fed back from the SJFA and the West Region management meetings, we keep hearing that discussions are being carried forward to the next meeting, and the next meeting, and the next meeting. There comes a time where something has to actually happen, and (like Brexit) that time is imminent.

Very little will change in the short term for the vast majority of West Region clubs whether or not they are in the pyramid or not, as it looks like the existing league structure is the plan going forward for this region. But it would be nice to know if we're going to be in or out of the pyramid asap, so the clubs can keep their members informed. At the moment I keep getting asked on the terracing what the latest is, and all I can say is what I think will happen, not what I know will happen.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Interesting if true, does seem a very ham fisted way of doing things but that would explain the use of the terminology “Tayside League” in EoS minutes from a couple of months back.

Seems a bit strange if, as suggested, a Licenced Tayside club wins it they then have to apply for a HL place if they wanted it, but if a Licenced WL or Fife club win it, presumably they would then enter a LL play-off with the EoS, SoS and WoS??

Would make it a no-brainer that West Lothian clubs should move to the EoS next season, there would be little incentive for them to stay.  Any that went down the Licencing route and wanted to aim for the LL would then need to stay in a Tayside dominated league with all the associated costs and win it to (presumably) get to the play-off with the other leagues.   Whereas they can move to tier 7 next season and potentially get promoted to tier 6 (EoS Premier) the following season, none of which require a trip over the Tay Bridge, and they still have a chance of getting to the Scottish Cup without a Licence by winning the Alex Jack Cup like Camelon this season (or winning the EoS Premier).

Edited by Burnie_man

5 hours ago, Dev said:

Absolute crap. There has been no discussion on a Tayside league with the SFA or PWG