Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What was happening, SPFL 3, two east regions, LL2? Regardless of which or other scheme, none seem to demonstrate a knowledge of football, let alone non-league football.

My own opinion is that there isn’t much substance to some of the information being given, and it appears it’s more like conjecture.

There will be more informed posters on here who I am sure could add more.

59 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

My own opinion is that there isn’t much substance to some of the information being given, and it appears it’s more like conjecture.

There will be more informed posters on here who I am sure could add more.

You'd like to think, but it seems no one has the whole picture of what's going on. It has become a constantly moving target.

1. Tier 6 West Premiership. East Super League, EoS Premier and SoS supposedly given the okay
  2. EoS contradicts this as a misrepresentation
  3. Morartorium on SFA licencing is also lifted with the expectations entry level will change at some point, so get them in now
  4. Lowland League forms Lowland League 2 working group
  5. SPFL3 gets floated as an idea and is canvassing opinions of its members
  6. Clubs in the middle of getting audited for a licence having prepared under current rules now have to have floodlights
  7. SJFA East Region starts advertising for new members under the idea they'll have a league at Tier6 of the SFA Pyramid

I know of a club who panicked and have since been reassured the ERSJA will definetly enter  the pyramid at tier six next season and they’ve already applied to return. They were told they’re not the first as there are another 6 or 7 in the same boat. I suspect the majority if not all of them will be Fife clubs. However I suppose the door is now open for those Lothian clubs who have little or no chance of making the top division in the EOS also choosing to return.
Only problem is they will return to the bottom of junior structure. So still at tier 7.
Again assuming that the east junior picture is correct.

2 hours ago, Bomber72 said:

I know of a club who panicked and have since been reassured the ERSJA will definetly enter  the pyramid at tier six next season and they’ve already applied to return. They were told they’re not the first as there are another 6 or 7 in the same boat. I suspect the majority if not all of them will be Fife clubs. However I suppose the door is now open for those Lothian clubs who have little or no chance of making the top division in the EOS also choosing to return.

It's difficult for all 7 or 8 clubs to be from Fife as only 4 moved to the EOS. And St Andrews certainly aren't considering going back to the juniors. In fact we have our SFA licence audit going on right now.

It's difficult for all 7 or 8 clubs to be from Fife as only 4 moved to the EOS. And St Andrews certainly aren't considering going back to the juniors. In fact we have our SFA licence audit going on right now.

The ERJFA will have the same status as the EOS therefore leaving the EOS is not a backward step.

23 minutes ago, Bomber72 said:

Yes fully aware of that. I meant majority if not all the Fife clubs who left returning. Reading it back I realise I’ve not worded it correctly. I’ve no idea (other than the one whom the chairman of the club told me) who the others are but it wouldn’t be a bad move even for the better Lothian teams to return. 

Probably would be a bad thing for the better Lothian teams. Most notably you've got 3 in pole position for the Lowland League, and work being done on getting licensed. 

I'm sure the East Region clubs are thrilled by the idea that additional Super League clubs have to be relegated or Premier clubs denied promotion to fit in those that moved to the EoS this year.

Yes fully aware of that. I meant majority if not all the Fife clubs who left returning. Reading it back I realise I’ve not worded it correctly. I’ve no idea (other than the one whom the chairman of the club told me) who the others are but it wouldn’t be a bad move even for the better Lothian teams to return. 
[emoji23]

Hey Lothians teams in the EOS - you know how some of you, for example Linlithgow,  are going to be playing in that Top 16 league next season with the cream of the EoS teams and all of the best players in the East Region well why not leave that behind and join a league where you can play West Calder, Forfar WE and Carnoustie.

Aye, thats an easy sell. Even if the East Region does enter at Level 6 the EOS will still be the dominant league in the East owing to the clubs in the respective areas. I guess come 2040 or whenever the better clubs in the EOS are dominating the LL ( ;) ) then maybe just maybe the likes of Lochee would stand a chance of actually progressing.

All the East Region will offer is a sacrifical club for the LL playoff position at the end of each season. Unless the Tayports and Broughtys of the East are in the better league and having their players challanged at an appropriate level they'll continue to stew in their own backwater.

Oh!

Edited by Jason King

Why would they go back whats the benefits? SJFA If in pyramid would have to go to the same registration and disciplinary procedures so if it was Dundonald they'd still suffer the same fate as this year in the Juniors.  We have a fixture list ersjfa don't. I really don't see why anyone would want to go back. It would be better if the rest of the lothian clubs just came over to the eosfl.

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

The ERJFA will have the same status as the EOS therefore leaving the EOS is not a backward step.

Can i ask are you on the committee at the Dale? Why do you really think staying Junior is better than coming to eosfl and having everyone in the one organisation. If you got promoted you'd be travelling to Tayside most weeks instead of EOSFL where the worst is eyemouth or tweedmouth?

This is another example of the constant misinformation coming from junior sources on this topic. To say most of the Fife teams who left the Juniors are going to return doesn't make any sense.

Kelty are now in the Lowland League and have a great chance of making League 2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn's chairman openly said the "Juniors had gone stale" and they were accepted into the EoS at the end of April - well ahead of the mass exodus in June. Crossgates were admitted at the same time. Dundonald planned to join the EoS in 2019, but understandably brought their application forward a year when they saw most of the big east region teams leaving. So these are all teams  which had clearly sat down in advance, decided to leave the Juniors, and had a plan in action to do just that. There's no information that I can see about any of the clubs regretting their move.

It might follow that teams who left at the last minute  would consider returning to the Juniors. But only Oakley and St Andrews fall into this category, so that's hardly a "majority of Fife teams" and that's making the big assumption that there is any truth in this. Already there's another poster on this forum, connected to St Andrews, saying they have no plans to leave the EoS.

The misinformation starts at the top. The management of the East Region Juniors  are clearly not a reliable source of information, looking at the manner in which they said they will enter the pyramid at tier six. It's a relatively big and complex issue, with Tayside and the HL/LL boundary questions yet to be answered, not to mention the absurd idea of having two leagues at the same level of the pyramid covering the same area.

So with all these issues apparently solved, was there an official announcement from the SFA? From the PWG? From anyone? No. In fact, there was not even an announcement from the East Region Juniors themselves. No explanation, no details, nothing -  just one line on a poster saying so. A poster which just so happens to be aimed at convincing clubs to join the East Region...

46 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

This is another example of the constant misinformation coming from junior sources on this topic. To say most of the Fife teams who left the Juniors are going to return doesn't make any sense.

Kelty are now in the Lowland League and have a great chance of making League 2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn's chairman openly said the "Juniors had gone stale" and they were accepted into the EoS at the end of April - well ahead of the mass exodus in June. Crossgates were admitted at the same time. Dundonald planned to join the EoS in 2019, but understandably brought their application forward a year when they saw most of the big east region teams leaving. So these are all teams  which had clearly sat down in advance, decided to leave the Juniors, and had a plan in action to do just that. There's no information that I can see about any of the clubs regretting their move.

It might follow that teams who left at the last minute  would consider returning to the Juniors. But only Oakley and St Andrews fall into this category, so that's hardly a "majority of Fife teams" and that's making the big assumption that there is any truth in this. Already there's another poster on this forum, connected to St Andrews, saying they have no plans to leave the EoS.

The misinformation starts at the top. The management of the East Region Juniors  are clearly not a reliable source of information, looking at the manner in which they said they will enter the pyramid at tier six. It's a relatively big and complex issue, with Tayside and the HL/LL boundary questions yet to be answered, not to mention the absurd idea of having two leagues at the same level of the pyramid covering the same area.

So with all these issues apparently solved, was there an official announcement from the SFA? From the PWG? From anyone? No. In fact, there was not even an announcement from the East Region Juniors themselves. No explanation, no details, nothing -  just one line on a poster saying so. A poster which just so happens to be aimed at convincing clubs to join the East Region...

You’re bang on, it’s misinformation leading upto 31st March to the EoS deadline, we could call in Junior Exit, Jexit.  Put doubt into the minds of those already looking at moving to the EoS.  Let’s face it, none of the East Lothian or Midlothian clubs are going to move back, Edinburgh Utd, Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Camelon or Broxburn aren’t going to move back, neither are we.  You’ve already covered Fife.

Let’s for a second suppose the HL/LL boundary is moved and the ERJFA manage to access the Pyramid, does that answer the issue of West Lothian clubs having to travel to Tayside and north Fife on a regular basis for Superleague games?  Will the ERJFA be happy allowing clubs to turn down promotion from the South Division as happened last season? Will the remaining Fife clubs want to remain apart from the others in the EoS?

As I said before, the sensible move would be for the PWG to facilitate the ERJFA and EoS merging in some form – it should be a pre-condition of the WRJFA moving into the Pyramid - however for that to happen the Tayside clubs would need to accept their future lies as part of the NRJFA/HL set-up, so it is very unlikely to happen. They are the problem here. Will the SFA force the issue or side with the SJFA? We’ll see, but if it’s the latter, the slow drip of WL and Fife clubs from ERJFA to EoS will continue regardless.

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You’re bang on, it’s misinformation leading upto 31st March to the EoS deadline, we could call in Junior Exit, Jexit.  Put doubt into the minds of those already looking at moving to the EoS.  Let’s face it, none of the East Lothian or Midlothian clubs are going to move back, Edinburgh Utd, Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Camelon or Broxburn aren’t going to move back, neither are we.  You’ve already covered Fife.

Let’s for a second suppose the HL/LL boundary is moved and the ERJFA manage to access the Pyramid, does that answer the issue of West Lothian clubs having to travel to Tayside and north Fife on a regular basis for Superleague games?  Will the ERJFA be happy allowing clubs to turn down promotion from the South Division as happened last season? Will the remaining Fife clubs want to remain apart from the others in the EoS?

As I said before, the sensible move would be for the PWG to facilitate the ERJFA and EoS merging in some form – it should be a pre-condition of the WRJFA moving into the Pyramid - however for that to happen the Tayside clubs would need to accept their future lies as part of the NRJFA/HL set-up, so it is very unlikely to happen. They are the problem here. Will the SFA force the issue or side with the SJFA? We’ll see, but if it’s the latter, the slow drip of WL and Fife clubs from ERJFA to EoS will continue regardless.

Camelon won't be moving back. We have a feel good factor its been like a rebrand for us. This should be used as a springboard to what you can do.  This season we set out for alex jack and east south shield and to qualify for the Premier League. We have done half of that and we are also doing well in the cups. We are in a position to keep pushing in the league.

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Burnie

Why not just email John Reilly indicating you are thinking of joining ?

You could surely ask for assurance that the Tier 6 Pyramid is factual ?

rjohnreilly18@yahoo.co.uk

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Burnie

Why not just email John Reilly indicating you are thinking of joining ?

You could surely ask for assurance that the Tier 6 Pyramid is factual ?

rjohnreilly18@yahoo.co.uk

I don't need to, I know what the current situation is, and it is not as portrayed by the ERJFA.

Edited by Burnie_man