Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The product is not dead and why not canvas ? EoS have advertised what is the difference ? The Highland league don't want the North Juniors let aloneTayside clubs. By the way I think the region should be split. There should be a Lothian region and a Tayside/Fife region. 
I understand you've got to look after your own club but are you suggesting the current Tayside and Fife clubs in the Superleague should join at Tier 6 on a par with next season's EOS Premier?
A lot of teams got promoted to Super League through default with so many defectors. It can't be right that these clubs are on a par with teams who took a chance to join a more professional structure and fighting tooth and nail to finish top 5 and for most working towards a licence at a lot of cost.

I understand you've got to look after your own club but are you suggesting the current Tayside and Fife clubs in the Superleague should join at Tier 6 on a par with next season's EOS Premier?

A lot of teams got promoted to Super League through default with so many defectors. It can't be right that these clubs are on a par with teams who took a chance to join a more professional structure and fighting tooth and nail to finish top 5 and for most working towards a licence at a lot of cost.

I think that point that Larry is trying to make is that long before all the east juniors jumped to the eos, Tom Johnstone was indicating exactly the same as what was in his email.

This all things coming to pass.

IF (for Burnie as I'm strictly neutral) the juniors join in the east in tier 6 alongside their ex junior promoted friends. It is not really queue jumping when said ex juniors were originally promised the same.

Just a different way of getting to the same outcome.

Do remember the majority of the juniors who moved did believe this was going to happen. The exodus at the last minute was more about panic than a genuine desire at the time to join the eos.

That being said many leavers now appear to be very happy with how it is going.

The ersjfa were dealt a bloody nose and I can understand the need for their members who stayed expecting to get what they were promised over a year ago.

I think that point that Larry is trying to make is that long before all the east juniors jumped to the eos, Tom Johnstone was indicating exactly the same as what was in his email.
This all things coming to pass.
IF (for Burnie as I'm strictly neutral) the juniors join in the east in tier 6 alongside their ex junior promoted friends. It is not really queue jumping when said ex juniors were originally promised the same.
Just a different way of getting to the same outcome.

Do remember the majority of the juniors who moved did believe this was going to happen. The exodus at the last minute was more about panic than a genuine desire at the time to join the eos.

That being said many leavers now appear to be very happy with how it is going.

I get what you are saying but how many clubs would be in this new Fife/Tayside league at Tier 6. No disrespect too some of the teams that would be in this league but there is only 2 possibly 3 that can win the league and as has been said earlier they are Tayside teams above the Tay and unless the boundary is moved would need to move to HL if they ever gain a licence and bar Lochee the others are a million miles from there ground meeting licence criteria.
Broughtys ground didn't have a barrier round the pitch last season.

It's all very messy and someone with a bit of knowledge of all tiers of Scottish Football needs to sort it out Asap for the good of all clubs.

2 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

ERJFA has been accepted into the pryamid at tier 6 from season 2019-20 . Teams who you say got promoted through default are not any worse or better than say Blackburn who never played in the Super League. Many other smaller clubs like Crossgates and Inverkeithing Swifts who were not even a Junior club are not any better or worse than some of our smaller clubs. Let's not kid ourselves the clubs that have moved have'nt suddenly became world beaters. Next season when you have a Premier League the same clubs who struggled at the wrong end of the Super League will struggle in the new Premier. The product is not any better either in the EoS or the ERJFA !  

6 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

ERJFA has been accepted into the pryamid at tier 6 from season 2019-20 .

You keep saying this, but the only evidence is a leaked email whose contents have been denied by both the SFA and EoSFA. Why has there not been any official confirmation? Something as important as this should surely have come in an official press release, not an email that contradicts the minutes of the meeting.

There are too many unknowns here: where the ex-junior leagues will sit in respect to the current pyramid; where Fife/Lothian promoted and relegated teams will go; what happens to the teams North of Tay.

I'm not denying that the Juniors will enter the pyramid next season, I just don't think it's as cut and dried as you think.

26 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

You keep saying this, but the only evidence is a leaked email whose contents have been denied by both the SFA and EoSFA. Why has there not been any official confirmation? Something as important as this should surely have come in an official press release, not an email that contradicts the minutes of the meeting.

There are too many unknowns here: where the ex-junior leagues will sit in respect to the current pyramid; where Fife/Lothian promoted and relegated teams will go; what happens to the teams North of Tay.

I'm not denying that the Juniors will enter the pyramid next season, I just don't think it's as cut and dried as you think.

The email was not leaked ! The SFA have not denied it ! EoS have said the West Juniors are in but not the East, they are suggesting there will be a Tayside league coming in at tier 6 but this is not true. I have said it before there has never been any discusson about forming a new Tayside League.  

The email was not leaked ! The SFA have not denied it ! EoS have said the West Juniors are in but not the East, they are suggesting there will be a Tayside league coming in at tier 6 but this is not true. I have said it before there has never been any discusson about forming a new Tayside League.  
Of course it was leaked, by you, and some people weren't very chuffed!

The Tayside league was clearly a misunderstanding on the SFA's part as to what exactly that meant given the top heavy nature of the ERJFA Superleague. Once that was pointed out, there was suddenly no agreement or consensus, just confusion and the contents of the email have to date not been published by the SFA.

The ERJFA are not in at tier 6 next season, there is no agreement. That might come, but there are many issues to overcome such as HL/LL boundary and EoS objections. It may not even be resolved in time for next season, clubs will therefore have a decision to make by 31st March as far as EoS membership is concerned.

Problem for you is all you have to go on is that email and bit of propaganda from TJ. The ERJFA has no long term future in its current form regardless of whether it joins the Pyramid or not. You will lose more members.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

In terms of the email it reads as an update from the PGB to the individual Pyramid Working Group members and states that it will be the SFA that will publish the statement in it. So it was leaked in that it was a private correspondence with clear instructions that it will be the SFA not the SJFA or other parties that would publish the statement.

image.png.04440f2044c0cf047b0f549a7ea25116.png

Just now, lithgierose said:

is there any talk about the way the cups are run,in the eos.will it still be home team keeps all gate receipts next season.not sure the east junior clubs who moved like that idea as it stands.

No problem with it as far as we're concerned.  I guess it takes a club to propose it and members to pass it, just like any other rule.

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Of course it was leaked, by you, and some people weren't very chuffed!

The Tayside league was clearly a misunderstanding on the SFA's part as to what exactly that meant given the top heavy nature of the ERJFA Superleague. Once that was pointed out, there was suddenly no agreement or consensus, just confusion and the contents of the email have to date not been published by the SFA.

The ERJFA are not in at tier 6 next season, there is no agreement. That might come, but there are many issues to overcome such as HL/LL boundary and EoS objections. It may not even be resolved in time for next season, clubs will therefore have a decision to make by 31st March as far as EoS membership is concerned.

Problem for you is all you have to go on is that email and bit of propaganda from TJ. The ERJFA has no long term future in its current form regardless of whether it joins the Pyramid or not. You will lose more members.

Confusion and misunderstanding is what worries me. The people appointed to facilitate a pyramid should make sure they are properly briefed. No solution is likely to suit everyone, so some informed leadership and decision making is the least we should expect.

Confusion and misunderstanding is what worries me. The people appointed to facilitate a pyramid should make sure they are properly briefed. No solution is likely to suit everyone, so some informed leadership and decision making is the least we should expect.
Spot on, Maxwell is a poor CEO in my opinion and leadership is sadly lacking, both on this issue and others. He has admitted his understanding of the non league game was poor when he came into the job. The PWG is frankly a shambles from what I can gather.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Spot on, Maxwell is a poor CEO in my opinion and leadership is sadly lacking, both on this issue and others. He has admitted his understanding of the non league game was poor when he came into the job. The PWG is frankly a shambles from what I can gather.

Two equally ranked leagues is obviously ludicrous. It's not even about in depth knowledge, That's off the top of your head stuff. If he's not up to speed, he should find someone who is to help. (Not Johnstone) It's not that hard, a few years of league tables, the finishing positions of this season, and a map,

Two equally ranked leagues is obviously ludicrous. It's not even about in depth knowledge, That's off the top of your head stuff. If he's not up to speed, he should find someone who is to help. (Not Johnstone) It's not that hard, a few years of league tables, the finishing positions of this season, and a map,
We know that, everyone knows that, but Maxwell and the SFA dont appear to want to play hard ball with the SJFA. The inclusion of the WRJFA in its entirity should come with the concession that the remaining WL and Fife clubs join the EoS, and Tayside move north into the NRJFA, who will in turn link up with the HL.

If the SJFA dont play ball, the go ahead and set up a WoS. It's not actually difficult, but they are listening to whatever pish TJ feeds them.

23 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

From what I’ve heard, the PWG was told that the SFA board had decided this was happening regardless of anyone else’s opinion, or words to that effect?

32 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

From what I’ve heard, the PWG was told that the SFA board had decided this was happening regardless of anyone else’s opinion, or words to that effect?

What was happening, SPFL 3, two east regions, LL2? Regardless of which or other scheme, none seem to demonstrate a knowledge of football, let alone non-league football.