Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

This lack of clarity by the SFA regarding licenses and floodlight requirements plus talk of LL2 and SPFL leagues does not offer much encouragement to clubs contemplating joining the pyramid system.The time has come for the SFA to get it’s act together.

3 hours ago, Vollyman said:

This lack of clarity by the SFA regarding licenses and floodlight requirements plus talk of LL2 and SPFL leagues does not offer much encouragement to clubs contemplating joining the pyramid system.The time has come for the SFA to get it’s act together.

Almost makes the SJFA look professional 

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It needs further clarification from the SFA, as Im not sure its accurate.

Based on the information sent out this week and a call I had with Laura Anderson of the SFA licence department any club who has applied to be licensed now have to meet the new criteria. Clubs who have paid their money and are in the system for audit must have floodlights to the required standard to gain their licence. Derogation only applies to existing licensed clubs who gained their licence but still do not have floodlights. 

I have always said the Senior clubs do want the cake sliced any thinner.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
New applicants from which point? If a club wanted to start a new application from today would floodlights be a requirement or is this yet to be implemented and only kicks in from 2019 or next season?

(Apologies if this has been answered and I've missed it)

You first need to be admitted to the SFA as effectively an "Associate" member before you can formally begin the Licence process. This needs to be done at an SFA Board meeting, and the next meeting isn't until 2019, whereupon you'll be subjected to the 2019 criteria ie floodlight requirement.

There is nothing in the licence process that says you must first become an associate member

19 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Based on the information sent out this week and a call I had with Laura Anderson of the SFA licence department any club who has applied to be licensed now have to meet the new criteria. Clubs who have paid their money and are in the system for audit must have floodlights to the required standard to gain their licence. Derogation only applies to existing licensed clubs who gained their licence but still do not have floodlights. 

I have always said the Senior clubs do want the cake sliced any thinner.

So are you just going to stay junior and not bother with promotion 

5 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

There is nothing in the licence process that says you must first become an associate member

You need to submit an application to the SFA Board for membership, sign a membership declaration to say you'll join the Pyramid, and pay your £2k. If accepted, you effectively become an associate member pending being awarded a Licence upon which you become a full member.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

LOL, your photoshop skills aren't that great Larry :lol:

Burnie, I had nothing to do with that. I'm not sure if you have been taken for a fool or you are a fool. I also have no issue with any club wanting to gain promotion through the pryamid system, good luck to them. The game is over Burnie !

1 minute ago, locheeboy said:

Burnie, I had nothing to do with that. I'm not sure if you have been taken for a fool or you are a fool. I also have no issue with any club wanting to gain promotion through the pryamid system, good luck to them. The game is over Burnie !

:lol:  I think you're the one being taken for a fool here.   Someone is clearly "at it"  but as ever you're happy to lap it up.  Enjoy it while it lasts......

Just now, locheeboy said:

So now we have fake news plus Mr Maxwell's fake email...it's all lies ...because you say it is. 

What SFA announcement? feel free to point me towards SFA confirmation as opposed to an internal draft email from weeks ago which was discredited and never saw the light of day, and a wee graphic made-up by someone ripping the pish or playing hard and fast with the facts.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

What SFA announcement? feel free to point me towards SFA confirmation as opposed to an internal draft email from weeks ago which was discredited and never saw the light of day, and a wee graphic made-up by someone ripping the pish or playing hard and fast with the facts.

You were the one who said it was lies, you were the one who said it was a draft email. If it is not true why don't you get the EoS representative to put out a notice stating that. I'll look forward to your apolgy

1 minute ago, locheeboy said:

You were the one who said it was lies, you were the one who said it was a draft email. If it is not true why don't you get the EoS representative to put out a notice stating that. I'll look forward to your apolgy

How thick are you? if was a draft email intended for the addressee's only, and some of those addressee's pointed out it was inaccurate, and it never saw the light of day until you posted it on here, much to the annoyance of most concerned.

The ERJFA must really be worried about losing more members as we roll towards March if they are making claims of tier 6.

11 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

What game. We still made the right decision 

Funnily enough, there was a discussion on this on Sunday at Hampden post the Child Wellbeing Meeting (Licensing Requirement).
It was made abundantly clear by the SFA rep that East Juniors will not be joining at the same level as EoS.

Said poster has some kind of connection to Newton Stewart (fully licensed SFA member)

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

How thick are you? if was a draft email intended for the addressee's only, and some of those addressee's pointed out it was inaccurate, and it never saw the light of day until you posted it on here, much to the annoyance of most concerned.

The ERJFA must really be worried about losing more members as we roll towards March if they are making claims of tier 6.

Burnie, I have said it before and I'll say it again. ERJFA & WRJFA will be part of the pryamid from season 2019/20 ................. If I am wrong I will come on here and openly admit I am thick....now will you do the same ?

Edited by locheeboy
Wrong date printed