Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Didn't take long for the barriers to go up to stop Junior Clubs entering the Scottish Cup especially with the major exodus planned for next season. Last season on here entry to the Scottish was being touted as a major attraction now its an "only". 

Plastic pitch teams welcome,  the rest of you find 40k and hope you get a grant for 20k.

What are the rest of the benefits can someone remind me again.

Edited by tell_me_more

Didn't take long for the barriers to go up to stop Junior Clubs entering the Scottish Cup especially with the major exodus planned for next season. Last season on here entry to the Scottish was being touted as a major attraction now its an "only". 
Plastic pitch teams welcome,  the rest of you find 40k and hope you get a grant for 20k.
There's no barrier. Install floodlights, something which should have happened decades ago, but of course Junior fitba doesn't need them. Now it's someone elses fault.

14 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Stay out the pyramid then. The rest of us quite happy to go on

4 hours ago, tell_me_more said:

No more barriers than previously. All that has changed is that floodlights are now going to be a requirement in Future. Most junior grounds wouldn’t be up to spec anyway. Licensing is required to progress upwards. 100+ juniors weren’t going to be licensed in the next few years regardless of floodlights becoming mandatory or not. 

Its been posted on here previously that Talbot haven’t installed floodlights as they didn’t need them for junior football but also it wasn’t a requirement of the club license they were pursuing at the time. Now it is a requirement, they will have no problems installing them with the 50k + in prize money from this seasons Scottish cup run...

No more barriers than prieviously so just ignore the floodlights requirements yes or no?

You lot are in denial if you say 40 - 60 k floodlights are not a barrier to entry. 

Loads of junior clubs in the top west league and below would have been applying for licensing within a very short period before this change, that will all be on hold now.

One of the biggest benefits has been kicked into turf for a lot of teams.

Maybe, just maybe those clubs should have been forward planning around their facilities over the last few decades instead of spending all their money on players.

This isn't a barrier, this is the 21st century catching up with clubs who still think its the 1950s.

5 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

No more barriers than prieviously so just ignore the floodlights requirements yes or no?

You lot are in denial if you say 40 - 60 k floodlights are not a barrier to entry. 

Loads of junior clubs in the top west league and below would have been applying for licensing within a very short period before this change, that will all be on hold now.

One of the biggest benefits has been kicked into turf for a lot of teams.

I tend to agree. It's better if you have them, but Junior clubs could be understood if they pointed out the changes that have been proposed and made make progress more challenging than it was presented.

56 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

No more barriers than previously. All that has changed is that floodlights are now going to be a requirement in Future. Most junior grounds wouldn’t be up to spec anyway. Licensing is required to progress upwards. 100+ juniors weren’t going to be licensed in the next few years regardless of floodlights becoming mandatory or not.

Blackburn, Dalkeith, Jeanfield, Haddington and Tranent will all have had the licensing officer round before the year is out. Easthouses, Bonnyrigg, Camelon and Newtongrange have all shown work or intentions to be licenced having moved over to the EoS. 

Look at that spread of clubs and look for equivalents that remain in the SJFA. It's not going to be the full the 131 playing this year, but it would be a far higher number than some people seem to think. People still dismiss Maryhill as beeing capable of getting a licence even though groundwise BSC Glasgow got licenced playing out of Lochburn Park.

Seems to be a lot of people  wanting to spend Talbot's money.  Of course while the club were battling to reach the 4th round, the players didn't need paid or a win bonus, the bus to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh didn't need petrol. Travelodge gave the Talbot squad three free nights before these games. Get real or better still try and emulate what Talbot have done. It looks like if we want to play in the big Scottish again we might have to invest in a wee plazzy pitch and a wee cage ground with no terrace and of course a bus shelter to battle the elements.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Seems to be a lot of people  wanting to spend Talbot's money.  Of course while the club were battling to reach the 4th round, the players didn't need paid or a win bonus, the bus to Wick, Cove and Fraserburgh didn't need petrol. Travelodge gave the Talbot squad three free nights before these games. Get real or better still try and emulate what Talbot have done. It looks like if we want to play in the big Scottish again we might have to invest in a wee plazzy pitch and a wee cage ground with no terrace and of course a bus shelter to battle the elements.

You will still have made a significant profit compared to the rest of your West Region peers. You don't currently have an SFA licence anyway: you've qualified for the Scottish Cup  via the Junior league and Junior Cup champions routes - this isn't going to change.

Floodlights in the tier below the national league is not an unreasonable requirement. You'll notice all of the Highland League clubs have floodlights and they seem to be managing.

13 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Why are you so bitter. Your getting in the scottish and i cant wait for my team to be in it next season.

27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Why are you so bitter. Your getting in the scottish and i cant wait for my team to be in it next season.

Who's bitter I'm just stating a fact. I can't wait to see you in it also, you look like a team that could reach round four.

35 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

You will still have made a significant profit compared to the rest of your West Region peers. You don't currently have an SFA licence anyway: you've qualified for the Scottish Cup  via the Junior league and Junior Cup champions routes - this isn't going to change.

Floodlights in the tier below the national league is not an unreasonable requirement. You'll notice all of the Highland League clubs have floodlights and they seem to be managing.

We could have had a licence but we were asked to join the SOSL to get it.

4 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Well, that was your call, probably not unreasonable at the time. Although I wonder what would've happened if a load of West Region clubs applied en masse like in the East with the EoSFL. Given that it sounds that the West Region (at least) will be coming into the much vaunted pyramid next year, you'll still be able to get licenced and qualify automatically. You'll just have to install floodlights, which isn't a deal-breaker, in my opinion, since much 'smaller' clubs than Talbot have managed to install lights.

9 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Hopefully next yr it will be in a west league.

11 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Who's bitter I'm just stating a fact. I can't wait to see you in it also, you look like a team that could reach round four.

I'd love that. Be a good day for talboth this season against ayr

22 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Well, that was your call, probably not unreasonable at the time. Although I wonder what would've happened if a load of West Region clubs applied en masse like in the East with the EoSFL. Given that it sounds that the West Region (at least) will be coming into the much vaunted pyramid next year, you'll still be able to get licenced and qualify automatically. You'll just have to install floodlights, which isn't a deal-breaker, in my opinion, since much 'smaller' clubs than Talbot have managed to install lights.

Apart from the plazzy pitch council owned netted cage no terrace set up I can't recall any other clubs

23 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Provision of floodlights is not currently a  requirement under the licensing criteria.