Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's nothing stopping junior clubs applying now. The commit to the pyramid bit is only an issue at the end of the licensing process and will probably have been resolved by that stage for any club that puts the paperwork in this month.

Then why did Dalkeith and Blackburn only apply once they were officially accepted into the EoS?

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Both were still junior clubs when they applied. Haddingon, Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Auchinleck are also known to have had the paperwork in for licensing as junior clubs in recent years. Kelty were the first to join the EoS or SoS to be able to complete the process.

So did haddington and bonnyrigg have to fork out another couple grand to apply again this year?

Given they have both still been working on their ground this season, it's not obvious why they would have had to do that.

Blackburn and Dalkeith were the last new applications  that were accepted before the moratorium on accepting applications was applied, but it was never made clear who had applied prior to that.

Now the moratorium on new applications has been lifted any club junior or senior can apply. Think I read on here recently that Lochee United have applied?

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given they have both still been working on their ground this season, it's not obvious why they would have had to do that.

Blackburn and Dalkeith were the last new applications  that were accepted before the moratorium on accepting applications was applied, but it was never made clear who had applied prior to that.

Now the moratorium on new applications has been lifted any club junior or senior can apply. Think I read on here recently that Lochee United have applied?

I'd never heard of Bonnyrigg or Haddington applying previously. Only that Kelty and Auchinleck were trying at a similar time with both told to join either EoS or SoS with Kelty accepting the idea and Auchinleck rejecting.

Haven't seen anything on here about Lochee United applying. Maybe i've overlooked something, but with all the fuss that would bring over North of Tay/EoS/Juniors i'm sure there would of been enough back and forth over it by now.

On 11/27/2018 at 21:22, locheeboy said:

The route to being licenced for Junior clubs has always been there nothing has changed apart from once awarded a club had to move to the EoS. Despite what you say the Juniors  ERJFA & WRJFA are in Tier 6 from season 2019-20. The Juniors will adopt the SFA disciple code from that point as well. We are in and there is nothing you can do about it.  Maybe ask the Scottish about our application. I have also heard that other Junior clubs have applied.

Then why did Dalkeith and Blackburn only apply once they were officially accepted into the EoS?
We had to apply for membership of the EoS before applying to the SFA. Whether that has now changed I dont know, but I very much doubt Junior clubs can apply at the moment as there is no confirmation they will be in the Pyramid next season.

Confirmation will be made soon that the West region and East region will enter at tier 6 next season and the SJFA will administer these regions, meetings will be held in the coming weeks regarding discipline and player registration

Confirmation will be made soon that the West region and East region will enter at tier 6 next season and the SJFA will administer these regions, meetings will be held in the coming weeks regarding discipline and player registration

My understanding is that a meeting has already taken place regarding those topics.

Is this the same "soon" as last time, after "the email" which hasn't happened yet or is this a different "soon"?

2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Excellent, cant wait to welcome Armadale into the Senior fold next season.

They fall under the community board of the SFA like the juniors do, while the LL and HL fall under the professional game board. It's not clear at this point (neither Burnieman or locheeboy have convincingly proved their assertions on this subject) that the EoS has the ability to block another community board level league with on overlapping geographical catchment from entering the pyramid at tier 6.

10 hours ago, sniffer said:

I don’t think your senior until you reach the lowland & highland league , are the eos & sos leagues not just an affiliation to the Sfa ?

The SPFL, LL, HL, EOS, SOS and NCL are all senior leagues.

There is no way they can have the current east juniors at the same level as east of Scotland at tier 6.  Unless they go with another conference style set up

Yes it can the SFA rule. The idea is insane but the SFA have agreed with the SJFA possibly to get the pyramid nationwide how it will evolve in years to come remains to be seen.

Another issue is the ERJFA top flight is 12 teams playing 22 games. The other 3 leagues are 16 playing 30 games. If said lunacy goes ahead could they get 4 clubs to make the step up in in the interest of uniformity across all feeders?