Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Well no, there wont be any re-instatments to administer as the practice would be abolished, or any disciplinary issues. Queries would be directed to the SFA registration dept or their disciplinary dept or referees dept. 
So in reality the SJFA no longer need to exist in its current form if at all, no expensive Hampden office to rent, no £30k+ salary, and the money in the bank could be distributed amongst all members.
I'm not disagreeing, but that's not the proposal that is on the table and reportedly agreed.

I'm not disagreeing, but that's not the proposal that is on the table and reportedly agreed.
Not sure how that can be, it would be totally daft to have the SJFA deal with these issues for some clubs but SFA handle it for the rest despite all being in the same league system.

It maybe explains why LL2 is being proposed, as no Senior club would want to drop into a league under SJFA control if that comes to pass.

A clusterfuck.

1 hour ago, Cameron Wilson said:

"Juniors" is a state of mind...

It's a bit of a sporting subculture too. People who watch Junior football may be so hardcore they will not entertain watching a game at any other level. Players that leave for Senior football may be viewed as grade traitors.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Nah there has to be a cut off somewhere and just because the juniors want to join the pyramid doesnt mean they have to get everything their own way. The logic behind the tay boundary is pretty solid, its a decent reference point and splits the country in two along pretty fair lines. Can’t have the highland league representing 1/5th of the countries population and think parity with a league representing 4/5ths of the population is reasonable in terms of promotion. Then you compare the number of clubs eligible for LL and HL and it reinforces it. Having the tayside clubs in the HL redresses the balance and makes the pyramid fairer. The clubs might not be happy at losing larger followed clubs as visitors but thems the breaks.

Every time this 80 20 population nonsense argument comes up I point out the easy solution. The boundary moves south to include Edinburgh and Lothian. There you go all you moaners a 50/50 population split and your kindly welcomed to the highland league side of the pyramid.

Does that go down well ?

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

A point re junior/senior is what happens when a club gets relegated to an sjfa league. Lets say Fort William get relegated as do Cumbernauld Colts to the North Superleague & West Premiership respectivley. Do they suddenly have to become 'junior'.?

Juniors as a "grade" will cease to exist next season when they join the pyramid - they will be senior clubs in the senior pyramid. 

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It's not actually, go and ask your Treasurer. 

It goes something like;

Prelim1: £3,000 (could be £2,000)

Prelim2: £3,000 (could be £2,000)

R1: £4,000

R2: £8,000

R3: £12,000

So if you start in Prelim Round 1 and get to Round 1 proper, you pocket at least £8K.

The Scottish cup prize money is a cumulative total. So each round has its own allocation of prize money as you suggest above. 

Every time this 80 20 population nonsense argument comes up I point out the easy solution. The boundary moves south to include Edinburgh and Lothian. There you go all you moaners a 50/50 population split and your kindly welcomed to the highland league side of the pyramid. 
Does that go down well ?

That’d be fine with me.

Genuine question, do the West region clubs want to join the pyramid? Could they form their own league if they were against the current proposals?

As per the survey that was done earlier in the year the majority said yes in principle to the pyramid with a few exceptions. I dont have a copy on hand so I cant say who said no. Also this occured before the exodus out east iirc.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

As per the survey that was done earlier in the year the majority said yes in principle to the pyramid with a few exceptions. I dont have a copy on hand so I cant say who said no. Also this occured before the exodus out east iirc.

I understand that, but now that it’s looming large on the horizon I suspect a few of those clubs may have different views?

1 minute ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I understand that, but now that it’s looming large on the horizon I suspect a few of those clubs may have different views?

A few, maybe, but not many. At the end of the day, for 99% of the clubs nothing will change whether they join the pyramid or not. The only change would come when a club wins the West Region Premiership and is line for a chance of promotion to the Lowland League, where an Entry Level club license would be required.

On 22/05/2018 at 05:10, Ginaro said:

f201cf3b-d409-4471-a875-e3ef67e072e0.jpg4c1d2766-70b9-4766-ba93-3d936953817f.jpg4bdc9205-96bd-44fe-9d50-b7e556a38a82.jpg

Girvan seem to be missing but they would surely vote yes given they have an SFA Licence.

Interesting to go back and look at these results after all that's happened since then, and consistent claims that the ERJFA's desire to enter the pyramid at the same tier as the EoS is being seriously entertained by the SFA.

In the East, Broxburn,  Jeanfield, Dunbar and Easthouses were four teams who either voted against the pyramid or didn't respond, but ended up joining anyway.  Easthouses voting against the pyramid was quite peculiar since they had only just left the EoS a couple of seasons before.

Tayport, Rosyth, Fauldhouse, Kennowway and Newburgh were five teams who voted to join the Pyramid but didn't join the EoS back in June when they had the chance. 

Interesting times lie ahead as to what will finally become of the juniors.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

17 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

In the East, Broxburn,  Jeanfield, Dunbar and Easthouses were four teams who either voted against the pyramid or didn't respond, but ended up joining anyway.  Easthouses voting against the pyramid was quite peculiar since they had only just left the EoS a couple of seasons before.

Tayport, Rosyth, Fauldhouse, Kennowway and Newburgh were five teams who voted to join the Pyramid but didn't join the EoS back in June when they had the chance. 

Dunbar publicly said no late in the game but eventually joined once they realised their nearest Junior team would be in West Lothian.

Of the remaining Junior teams below the Tay - only Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Lochgelly, Lochore, Pumpherston, Stoneyburn, Thornton, West Calder, and Whitburn (9/20) said no to the pyramid in the survey. You'd think that some of the 11 who said yes will join, which could begin another round of falling dominoes...

10 hours ago, gogsy said:

Seem to remember Rosyth saying that they were concentrating on their move to the new ground this season and that they would review the situation at a later date. (Might have been in Dunfermline Press)

Rosyth you'd have to think would be likely to leave east region. They'd have Oakley, Inverkeithing and possibly Crossgates right on their doorstep for local games . Craigroyston and Edinburgh United just over the bridge as well. 

One possible solution to the East conundrum would be the East region teams south of the Tay joining the pyramid beneath the EoS. Not sure if that would fly but it at the very least it would make more sense than covering the same geographic area as the EoS at the same tier.

Whats the script with the Scottish Cup next season? Assuming everyone moves over into this pyramid does that mean every club will be able to play in it, or will they all need to be SFA licenced as before? 

Entry level license or greater is mandatory for guaranteed entry. Unlicensed clubs can qualify via winning either one of the junior regional top tiers or sjfa cup. Same applies to the winners of EOS,SOS, South & East Scotland Cup Winners Shield in the pyramid (all HL & LL members are licensed already as its mandatory at tier 5 & higher). Amateur cup winners also qualify. Gaining a license requires a commit to the pyramid. In theory if things get sorted in next month or two clubs would be free to apply for a license before the March 31st deadline.