Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Why should they. They should be tier 6 in wosfl and someone would move down to accommodate that for 4 leagues of 16. For me.junior tag needs to go because it's not going to be juniors once it's in pyramid 

The recent record of Glasgow University in the Scottish Cup does not help their case.

http://www.fchd.info/GLASGUNI.HTM

If the WoSL doesn't happen in 2019/20, will Clydebank (thereafter) become the 'Kelty of the West' once the redevelopment of Holm Park is completed ?
The recent announcement of pyramid progress, was a step in the right direction, but the devil is in the detail, and it is November tomorrow.

Why would they need to wait for Holm Park to be completed? Grounds are only one part of the licence conditions and with a very successful youth academy they already meet the other criteria, that plus currently sharing at a ground which has hosted licensed clubs before, I’d be disappointed if they werent a LL2 applicant!

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They are licensed noone in West juniors is. There was no logical place for them to go

Easy to overlook but Girvan are licenced in the West.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

If the WoSL doesn't happen in 2019/20, will Clydebank (thereafter) become the 'Kelty of the West' once the redevelopment of Holm Park is completed ?

The recent announcement of pyramid progress, was a step in the right direction, but the devil is in the detail, and it is November tomorrow.

The ground is only one aspect of getting licenced. When they return to Holm Park it should be up to standard and are currently groundsharing at Lochburn Park, which is the same ground BSC Glasgow used when they got their licence.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Easy to overlook but Girvan are licenced in the West.

The ground is only one aspect of getting licenced. When they return to Holm Park it should be up to standard and are currently groundsharing at Lochburn Park, which is the same ground BSC Glasgow used when they got their licence.

Girvan also play in a league though

I see this shite is polluted with West Junior posters "Not" Nobody gives a shit, because nobody has put forward a feasible plan. Ram your ifs and buts up yer bahooky until the West Juniors are actually in the pyramid where they will dominate as they have done in recent years. Ta ta!!!!

I see this shite is polluted with West Junior posters "Not" Nobody gives a shit, because nobody has put forward a feasible plan. Ram your ifs and buts up yer bahooky until the West Juniors are actually in the pyramid where they will dominate as they have done in recent years. Ta ta!!!!

Ignore the thread then, stoopid.

7 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Can you tell us what the position is re Glasgow University and the pyramid Robert? Do they intend to join the WR, SoS or remain as they are?

Would the University be prepared to start at Tier 9 in the WR?

Glasgow Uni FC play in the Caledonian Amateur Football League, Premier Division, which is one of the stronger amateur leagues in Scotland.  They also compete in the British Universities & Colleges League.  The Uni has 3 other amateur league teams, the 2nd XI, the 3rd XI, and the Under 21's.  In the Scottish Cup this season, their result in the 1st Preliminary Round was :  Preston Athletic  3  GUFC  1

I was a student approx 40 years ago, and am not a spokesperson for GUFC, so I have no 'inside information' regarding their views on joining the pyramid, whether at tier 6 or at tier 9 (as posted above). I would however imagine that (as a  longstanding Member club) the SFA/ PWG,  and perhaps the SoSFL, will have spoken to them about their future. I doubt if the SJFA  has done so.

15 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Then you would have 3 feeder leagues for the spfl 2, regional leagues are for further down for me....not tier 5. I think the LL and HL are more than enough to battle over a place in the spfl, 3 would be far too much. Again, for any LL subsidiary, there is the licensing aspect whereby clubs would ha e to be licensed to participate. How many top league west clubs are license ready, would be able to be license ready or want any part of playing in the LL? (I ask this as I don't know) 

It is a complete nonsense to have the area served by the HL on a par with that currently supposedly served by the LL.

Even having one division out of three at Tier 5 is overly generous to the HL.

15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

It is a complete nonsense to have the area served by the HL on a par with that currently supposedly served by the LL.

It's an imbalance that definitely will have to be corrected in the longer term - fair enough, the HL catchment area covers 50% of the land area of the country so at first glance it looks equitable enough, but it only covers 15% of the population and what is to all intents and purposes a closed shop of less than 20 clubs as opposed to the 150+ south of the line.

Why should they. They should be tier 6 in wosfl and someone would move down to accommodate that for 4 leagues of 16. For me.junior tag needs to go because it's not going to be juniors once it's in pyramid 

What’s your clubs name?

17 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

What’s your clubs name?

PRicey the clubs names irrelevant. We are supporting our history not sticking to a grade. All about the grade are we. The branding of the leagues I'm talking about not clubs names. We respect our history as it is just that history 

2 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Population not area, as the Highland League wins on kmquite easily. 

Even then it's about the licenced clubs within the pyramid that'll effect change. Right now there's 18 (20 overall) in the Highland Area and 25 (27 overall) in the Lowland Area. When that dramatically shifts to reflect the population difference then Tier 5 might well change.

44 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Population not area, as the Highland League wins on kmquite easily. 

Even then it's about the licenced clubs within the pyramid that'll effect change. Right now there's 18 (20 overall) in the Highland Area and 25 (27 overall) in the Lowland Area. When that dramatically shifts to reflect the population difference then Tier 5 might well change.

This. I'd suggest that if you want relatively fixed regional boundaries, you have to accept there'll be different numbers of teams and shallower or deeper levels of divisions in each reason. The German Regionalligen situation, where you set the promotion places available relative to the number of (licenced) clubs in each region would seem the most balanced way of doing things and takes population, licences and geography into account.

5 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

So because the sjfa are now looking to play ball and junior clubs now see the benefit of the pyramid, the leagues that have bought into it from the get go have to step aside and 'do the right thing' by giving up their negotiated position. I'm not sure I agree.

For me, whatever the set up is in the coming years, the leagues and clubs that have been an integral part of the pyramid since its inception should remain in place. They should not be expected to step aside just because the juniors have came round to the idea 5 years later...... That people actually think that these clubs and associations should, speaks volumes. 

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Stop being stupid. Dundee highland and you know ithat.  Tayport could be lowland though

Scotland's geography is so bizarre and North / South doesn't really cut it. I live in a region that comes under NHS Highland, classed as a very remote rural area and has  a postcode that some companies feel gives them entitlement to slap a levy on any postage (or worse refuse to deliver fullstop). Yet we're about 30 miles south of Dundee.

The country is a very irregular shape and most of the population live in a broad diagonal band from Ayrshire to Aberdeen. The simple solution to the Level 5 split is to mirror the Junior regions as there's no sane way to do it in two. I know that's unpalatable for some reason to clubs above but IMO you'd have stronger, more competitive leagues with 3. The Highland League at present is, when considering overall strength, one of the weaker top leagues in Scotland. LL will be similar until promotion / relegation produces a natural order but it will surpass it given time.

Edited by cmontheloknow

6 hours ago, G4Mac said:

So because the sjfa are now looking to play ball and junior clubs now see the benefit of the pyramid, the leagues that have bought into it from the get go have to step aside and 'do the right thing' by giving up their negotiated position. I'm not sure I agree.

For me, whatever the set up is in the coming years, the leagues and clubs that have been an integral part of the pyramid since its inception should remain in place. They should not be expected to step aside just because the juniors have came round to the idea 5 years later...... That people actually think that these clubs and associations should, speaks volumes. 

Alternatively, the format of tier 5 could represent footballing strength rather historic loyalty  to the seniors.

2 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Alternatively, the format of tier 5 could represent footballing strength rather historic loyalty  to the seniors.

Historic loyalty?

So...... meeting all the requirements of a league set up every year for 5 years (license conditions on and off the park), being the feeder for tier 4 and consistently having earned that right by buying into the pyramid from day one and continuing to progress your league in a whole host of ways counts for nothing?

..... All that is historic loyalty and should move aside because an untested side or sides, who have never taken part in the pyramid and may have historically rubbished the whole concept (from another association completely) believe they deserve it more because.......?