Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the licensing embargo is lifted and the Juniors are at tier 6 in the pyramid then why would anyone leave?

So you can look forward to this

0FB3706B-33EC-4D7D-AD01-E39090852907.png

Edited by A.M

Both clubs failed to properly consult the comprehensive list of player suspensions produced by the SFA and the eos league..... Let's not use two clubs making a James blunt of it to further a narrative about the eos........ Clubs at fault, not the league, the grade or the sfa. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

Both clubs failed to properly consult the comprehensive list of player suspensions produced by the SFA and the eos league..... Let's not use two clubs making a James blunt of it to further a narrative about the eos........ Clubs at fault, not the league, the grade or the sfa. 

There must be some sort of communication breakdown somewhere, I cant remember any team winning a trophy in the juniors without having to play a final ?

Both these clubs should know the rules as they will be similar to the juniors regards suspensions , and should know where to look ...shouldnt they ? , it also happened to Dundonald Bluebell .

Nope, all clubs were informed from the outset that it is their responsibility to ensure all players are eligible to play in every game. They were informed to consult the sfa website and its daily/weekly updated suspension and eligibility lists.... It couldn't have been clearer.... Essentially on a Friday before a game all clubs should check for suspensions and eligibility, then pick their team from there.... In the case of Bo'ness their player was listed from July this year, its a simple case of the clubs having an oversight, nothing more... Look up the sfa site for suspensions, I can't get it to paste from my phone, you will see how clear it is. 

For me I like that the eos have made a massive decision, I'd have liked to have seen beaten semi finalists Broxburn put through and a final contested, but it shows that the association is clearly ready to implement its rules without bias. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the licensing embargo is lifted and the Juniors are at tier 6 in the pyramid then why would anyone leave?

In the west & north there is still a decent chance for that to happen, true. But in the east that's a big question mark. Time will tell what will really happen...

53 minutes ago, A.M said:

There must be some sort of communication breakdown somewhere, I cant remember any team winning a trophy in the juniors without having to play a final ?

Both these clubs should know the rules as they will be similar to the juniors regards suspensions , and should know where to look ...shouldnt they ? , it also happened to Dundonald Bluebell .

And Haddington have admitted they didnt properly check the list. Those desperate to use this as a stick to beat those clubs that have improved their lot by moving are having a mare.

Just now, Jason King said:

And Haddington have admitted they didnt properly check the list. Those desperate to use this as a stick to beat those clubs that have improved their lot by moving are having a mare.

Not desperate, I only COPIED an article from EOS and posted it , what dont you like about that ?

To be honest though I dont see the improvement in a lot of the clubs you speak of.

The funny thing is that you pro pyramid guys love to talk about Junior business but take real offence when junior fans dare to mention the Eos , btw the post above were the words of the EOS , not mine.

5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

BTW I can see the improvement of Boness , Dundonald , and Haddington, apparently when you go Senior you forget how to read .

For me I like that the eos have made a massive decision, I'd have liked to have seen beaten semi finalists Broxburn put through and a final contested, but it shows that the association is clearly ready to implement its rules without bias. 

So Broxburn should have been reinstated to play in a final.....against Camelon who had already beaten them in the previous round?.

7 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Nope, all clubs were informed from the outset that it is their responsibility to ensure all players are eligible to play in every game. They were informed to consult the sfa website and its daily/weekly updated suspension and eligibility lists.... It couldn't have been clearer.... Essentially on a Friday before a game all clubs should check for suspensions and eligibility, then pick their team from there.... In the case of Bo'ness their player was listed from July this year, its a simple case of the clubs having an oversight, nothing more... Look up the sfa site for suspensions, I can't get it to paste from my phone, you will see how clear it is. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/

3 hours ago, PRICEY said:

So Broxburn should have been reinstated to play in a final.....against Camelon who had already beaten them in the previous round?.

Yes pricey, my personal choice would be to do that. I would have liked to have had a final contested between two good footballing sides, from a purely footballing perspective, given the circumstances. Feel free to disagree. 

Yes pricey, my personal choice would be to do that. I would have liked to have had a final contested between two good footballing sides, from a purely footballing perspective, given the circumstances. Feel free to disagree. 

Are you not penalising Camelon by effectively replaying a match they won fair and square?.

41 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Maybe a shite idea but they could of made it a 2 legged final if both Camelon and Broxburn were up for it. Camelon would of gotten home field advantage and been a goal up. 

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Are you not penalising Camelon by effectively replaying a match they won fair and square?.

As I said, feel free to disagree. That was only my own personal view. 

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Bump.

So West Juniors, East Juniors, EoSL and SoSL all at tier 6?

That seems a bit stupid.  Surely just delaying the inevitable mergers further down the line?  Seems that all it is doing is preserving a handful of posts in the Juniors Governing body.

And no indication of how they will be sorting out the River Tay issue or what they are doing with the Northern Juniors.