Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Not excuses, just a complaint about incompetent administration.

According to Dundonald the problem lay on the list of suspended players, produced by the SFA. Apparently they had the player listed under his previous club, and had spelled his name incorrectly (so a ctrl+f search may not have found him). The part that lies with the EOSFL is the punishment, which seemed harsh to me. But that's not a competence issue.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/ 

15 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That would depend on promotion and relegation as could be wosfl and eosfl winners promoted

What about the SOSL? Would it be a round robin with the three sections, maybe if the SFA put forward a plan then it might attract West clubs instead of ifs and buts.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Financial disaster for both regions if they merged.

It would depend how it was done - in the present set-up I would agree but will it last? Fast forward 5 years and you could easily be back to a similar set-up to what we had in the past 15 years of:

All in Premiership

All in Championship

then

altered regional leagues of: D&G, Ayrshire, Central

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Apparently they had the player listed under his previous club, and had spelled his name incorrectly (so a ctrl+f search may not have found him).

The misspelled name had an extra L, so a ctrl + f would still have found his name, and there's also the player registration number to check. I'm assuming they just searched for Dundonald - if they checked at all.

On 22/09/2018 at 09:04, AlanCamelonfan said:

Dundonald boy on fb I believe their secretary isn't blaming the league it's sfa he's having a go at as it's there competition.

Contrary to the name, the SFA South Region Challenge Cup is nothing to do with the SFA - it's organised by the LL, EOS and SOS.

Probably took a few days for the team sheets to come in and then check them all.

I did some playing around with google maps of the longest journey in a fully integrated WOS setup. Forth to Stranraer (assuming Stranraer's reseves would stick about) comes in at 114 miles or 2h 29 minutes. Discounting the reserve outfit Forth to Wigtown is 2h 22 minutes or 94 miles. Greenock to Wigtown comes in at 2h 31 or 107 miles.

The longest in the current west junior setup I can find is is Forth to Girvan 1h 46 or 83.8 miles.

This is all very amateurish math so take with a grain of salt and as a rough outline.

22 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I did some playing around with google maps of the longest journey in a fully integrated WOS setup. Forth to Stranraer (assuming Stranraer's reseves would stick about) comes in at 114 miles or 2h 29 minutes. Discounting the reserve outfit Forth to Wigtown is 2h 22 minutes or 94 miles. Greenock to Wigtown comes in at 2h 31 or 107 miles.

The longest in the current west junior setup I can find is is Forth to Girvan 1h 46 or 83.8 miles.

This is all very amateurish math so take with a grain of salt and as a rough outline.

But it would be a regular journey for the outliers - IMO integrating the SoS sides into the current structure is flawed and I can't see it pleasing anyone. There would need to be some common sense regionalisation - even splitting the present set-up in two with a band of clubs in the middle that would float in either direction, league size and relegation depending.

But it would be a regular journey for the outliers - IMO integrating the SoS sides into the current structure is flawed and I can't see it pleasing anyone. There would need to be some common sense regionalisation - even splitting the present set-up in two with a band of clubs in the middle that would float in either direction, league size and relegation depending.

I'd agree with this point. My post was merely for demonstration purposes. A proposal similar to yours a few posts up of 2 regionwide then 'district' leagues seems to be the best option. Also would help bringing in any ammies that want to make the jump a good bit easier.

There was that sweet spot when the Lowland League was created and took the best sides in the SoS (Dalbeattie and Threave), where it could of been a simple solution to have the SoS fall directly under the Ayrshire District or a blending  of the two leagues.

It's gotten a little messier with the West Region going region wide at all levels.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The misspelled name had an extra L, so a ctrl + f would still have found his name, and there's also the player registration number to check. I'm assuming they just searched for Dundonald - if they checked at all.

Contrary to the name, the SFA South Region Challenge Cup is nothing to do with the SFA - it's organised by the LL, EOS and SOS.

Probably took a few days for the team sheets to come in and then check them all.

Edit: I've just realised from another thread that I was wrong about his name - the L being on the end means you're right, of course.

Edited by GordonS

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Robert James said:

When will ex Junior clubs be able to apply for an SFA licence ? When is the next Licensing Committee meeting, and has the embargo been lifted ?

Nothing announced yet I'm sute if it does change we will know. Too answer the question the junior die hards be saying should have stayes would still be no. Going to be a better league better organisation 

24 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Nothing announced yet I'm sute if it does change we will know. Too answer the question the junior die hards be saying should have stayes would still be no. Going to be a better league better organisation 

Sure nobody is really interested at the moment. Some cracking football going on in all divisions of the west.