Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Getting back to this threads title,I'd say from the juniors games I've seen this season in the East Prem league then the future is bleak indeed,the standard is no better than the amateurs.It's sad to see but in the last couple of seasons there's been a gradual decline in the playing standards to where we are now and really things cannot get much worse.Don't know the answer but it seems sadly there's not enough talent in the playing pool.

10 hours ago, Carlos99 said:

Getting back to this threads title,I'd say from the juniors games I've seen this season in the East Prem league then the future is bleak indeed,the standard is no better than the amateurs.It's sad to see but in the last couple of seasons there's been a gradual decline in the playing standards to where we are now and really things cannot get much worse.Don't know the answer but it seems sadly there's not enough talent in the playing pool.

It doesn't help that a significant proportion of the teams and players in the East Region left. I'd say that has more to do with the drop in standard than anything else - there are clubs at the 'Premier' level that are not 'Premier' standard. How they could retain the 'Super' title this year is beyond me. This season's East region set-up is a novel curiosity but may prove to be little more than a death rattle.

29 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

How many "South of Tay" clubs are left in the Juniors? 18 I think?

Wonder how many will be there the start of next season

20 below the LL dividing line. Though Luncarty and Tayport are a few hundred metres north and south of the line respectively, so maybe they'd want to be on the other side. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1k4xWEiA6DvPhdnfOqT835ybt52xQ4Grr&ll=56.11420872323968%2C-3.263534160922859&z=10

It would be good if the seven teams in South Fife moved over together, even more local derbies with Rosyth/Inverkeithing and Burntisland/Kirkcaldy.  You'd think if one of Glenrothes/Kennoway/Thornton announce their move others would follow. Maybe the EOS could ask these clubs before the membership application deadline if they'd like to bring about a quick end to the Fife Juniors rather than having its slow death dragging on for another season...

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

20 below the LL dividing line. Though Luncarty and Tayport are a few hundred metres north and south of the line respectively, so maybe they'd want to be on the other side. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1k4xWEiA6DvPhdnfOqT835ybt52xQ4Grr&ll=56.11420872323968%2C-3.263534160922859&z=10

It would be good if the seven teams in South Fife moved over together, even more local derbies with Rosyth/Inverkeithing and Burntisland/Kirkcaldy.  You'd think if one of Glenrothes/Kennoway/Thornton announce their move others would follow. Maybe the EOS could ask these clubs before the membership application deadline if they'd like to bring about a quick end to the Fife Juniors rather than having its slow death dragging on for another season...

Im not sure ifor it would benefit Kinnoull and scone to come. Tayport identify more with Tayside but think be better joining 17 Fife and Lothians clubs in eosfl 

I'd like to see the rest of East come over so we can settle down. I'd like west to come over but I won't lose sleep if they put the grade before better organisation for the same teams as it would be for them. For us we have new teams a few good and the rest will get a level where they aren't taking tankings. Futures bright futures eosfl even if it ends up only licensing winners of leagues which may happen still for me the organisation of the leagues are far superior 

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I had completely and utterly forgot there was a bridge across the Tay at Dundee.

In the Lowland context, the bridge is not that relevant beyond being the boundary - there has to be a cut-off between Highland and Lowland and the SFA have chosen Dundee to be part of the Highland catchment, but Perth to be Lowland.

On 20/09/2018 at 17:44, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'd like to see the rest of East come over so we can settle down. I'd like west to come over but I won't lose sleep if they put the grade before better organisation for the same teams as it would be for them. For us we have new teams a few good and the rest will get a level where they aren't taking tankings. Futures bright futures eosfl even if it ends up only licensing winners of leagues which may happen still for me the organisation of the leagues are far superior 

Unlike the Cups, where they announce the draw and then tell a team they have been kicked out...Dundonald Bluebell ?

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Just seen it well if their was a disciplinaryissue then they've been kicked out 

Yes but they announced the draw BEFORE they informed Dundonald, not very professional ?  Apparently the communication was poor according to Dundonald twitter.  

7 hours ago, A.M said:

Yes but they announced the draw BEFORE they informed Dundonald, not very professional ?  Apparently the communication was poor according to Dundonald twitter.  

Read Dundonald Facebook judging by the responses is just excuses. Wanting a hearing they played a banned player. The player shold have known he was banned. We had to check when we had 2 players sent off in juniors carried over. 1 incident makes eosfl unprofessional years of f**k ups in the juniors is alright 

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Read Dundonald Facebook judging by the responses is just excuses. Wanting a hearing they played a banned player. The player shold have known he was banned. We had to check when we had 2 players sent off in juniors carried over. 1 incident makes eosfl unprofessional years of f**k ups in the juniors is alright 

Now now , don’t get touchy, I am merely pointing out that not every team is happy with the way things are dealt with, you really have turned gamekeeper 8)

31 minutes ago, A.M said:

Now now , don’t get touchy, I am merely pointing out that not every team is happy with the way things are dealt with, you really have turned gamekeeper 8)

Dundonald boy on fb I believe their secretary isn't blaming the league it's sfa he's having a go at as it's there competition. 

I'm quite happy I can organise shifts so I can get to games instead of missing nearly a whole season because I didn't know who we were playing 

5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Not excuses, just a complaint about incompetent administration.