Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

you're far from concise. 

Your not the first to point it out, each to their own though. If my ability to write coherently offends you, I can only apologise for my part in it. ;-) 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I love that you edited this to make it longer. 

Couldn't help it....... :-) I love being..... Verbose. Not the other bit though. 

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can people not confuse the fact that the argument here is the pyramid gives clubs a better platform for progression and offers increased financial incentives with an example of one club mismanaging its own finances?

I agree with that and it wouldn't put me off the idea of Junior sides joining it.

Was more interested in the reaction to the Selkirk thing than anything. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
3 hours ago, G4Mac said:
Couldn't help it....... :-) I love being..... Verbose. Not the other bit though. 

You still made a mistake though!

I am but a mere mortal....... :-) 

On 8/27/2018 at 17:09, cmontheloknow said:

For all the paper's wider failings, Scott Campbell has given grassroots football excellent coverage for over 2 decades.

Does he kiss Tom Johnstone's arse, or is it Tom who kisses the Campbell arse? What TJ does not understand is that journalists do not write stories because they like you, It is all about building their own CV and own profile.

As self important p***ks go, Campbell is up there. But he clearly owns TJ. The fact he sees TJ as a useless clown is neither here nor there. 

Edited by Garret Deasy

On 8/29/2018 at 15:13, Black Pennel said:

You mean like the "whataboutery" above about Ballingry?

What is the whataboutery about Ballingry? 

Well let's look at it. The money behind Ballingry was all 'cash in hand'. Was it cos their Mister Big (ex East Fife and all) was a scrappy or cash from some other sources?

Interesting to know which junior clubs are funded by drugs money? You can call it cashback to communities if you want, but not in the way intended. Don't ask me who those clubs are, ask the people at the top of the junior game. They know exactly who they are, discussing it openly. 

If Selkirk is the shock horror story, you might want to look at Bailieston.

See Kilwinning gave the junior game a bad press https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3133567/fans-brawl-kelsy-hearts-kilwinning-rangers-craig-thomson-hearts-paedo/ Nice thing Kelty playing walks away with no stain on his character. 

Kilwinning fans drinking on the bus (stated under oath) on the way to Kelty, against the law. All they have to show for it is a couple of tin plates in their brainless skulls. 

And TJ, John Reilly (East Region Secretary, not that you would know it), Scott Robertson  (West commandant at the time)  are saying what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As ever. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Big T got the juniors in the pyramid yet :1eye

Yeah, the winners of the 3 superleagues will play off each season with the winner of that one getting promoted straight into League 2. They are then guaranteed 2 away trips to Elgin on Tuesday nights each season.