Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

48 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I’m aware that a number of P andB regulars are supporters of clubs now in the EOS. Can I ask your opinion about the standard of clubs you are playing. I’ve noticed an awful lot of the results are very one sided with double figures on more than one occasion already. 

I understand your rationale about joining the pyramid but you all can’t move up at the one time and if you have two or three seasons playing inferior opposition and running up cricket scores surely the product is diminished. 

The majority of games played by EoS clubs this year have been cup games, maybe they'll look at their cup situation to avoid this happening for another 2-3 seasons.

As for the league they've already solved the problem of parity as the current membership will form 2-3 tiers with a make up of 3 divisions. That's without any further expansion.

On 15 August 2018 at 23:00, AsimButtHitsASix said:

EduSport hope to progress by giving young players from the continent (specifically France at the moment) a chance to play football while gaining an education. It's a set up similar to the "college system" in the US but on a pay to play model.  Their idea is to get their own ground and rise through the leagues. With a mixture of gate receipts (from travelling fans I presume) and prize money they can, ideally, lower their prices and attract players from a larger pool and then also increase their income through transfers. Added to this they are going "public" so to speak and are selling shares on the idea to increase their financial base. Their blueprint has absolutely no interest in community links or fanbase. Time will tell if it works.

As for BSC they are hoping to tap into a growing middle class suburban sprawl in the north west of Glasgow once they can find a place to put down their roots there. They are already well respected in the area for their youth teams and community work and, you'd imagine, if they can find a place locally to play they might have a decent chance at it. Maybe not gonna get to the heights of Partick Thistle but could challenge any junior club from Glasgow in terms of ability and attendances if they can get it right and I'm sure we all hope they do. Much like Bonnyton Thistle and LTHV having established juvenile and youth teams create a senior team for their players to aspire to can only be a good thing.

I have my doubts about both ideas but sincerely hope both do well as, long term, it can only be good for Scottish football on the whole.

Now in what way do you think junior clubs will grow in a junior set up that is losing fans, sponsorship money and teams?

And your point is what exactly?

On 14/08/2018 at 22:10, tell_me_more said:

Its a level 5 team we are talking about, cannot even field a team, makes the set up seem pretty shambolic and amatuerish to me. 

Listen, there's something you need to know about Rangers... 

There's more than a whiff of the Messi-Ronaldo dogshit about this now. You can think one is better while enjoying both. You don't need to hope the one you don't prefer falls on his arse.

Nobody benefits from one part of the non-league world slagging another. We may have slightly different ideas about how it should be structured, but apart from a very few exceptions we're still just watching community football clubs play in front of a few dozen to a few hundred fans, outside the spotlight. Is it possible to debate this stuff without taking ostentatious glee when something bad happens in the other grade? 

I saw a bit of chat about next year's EoSFL set up in the East Region thread which seems a weird place for it (as does here. Maybe shoulda made a new thread on the EoS forum)

But has there been any rumour of the remaining south of the Tay juniors moving over or any ammies moving up? Any chat about the set up they're thinking ATM or contingencies if they do get a large number coming over again? Or is it all on the back burner for the time being?

ETA: When do the clubs that made the jump get full voting rights and that? Is it after a year of membership or straight away?

(damn that's a lot of questions)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I saw a bit of chat about next year's EoSFL set up in the East Region thread which seems a weird place for it (as does here. Maybe shoulda made a new thread on the EoS forum)

But has there been any rumour of the remaining south of the Tay juniors moving over or any ammies moving up? Any chat about the set up they're thinking ATM or contingencies if they do get a large number coming over again? Or is it all on the back burner for the time being?

ETA: When do the clubs that made the jump get full voting rights and that? Is it after a year of membership or straight away?

(damn that's a lot of questions)

Structure in 2019-20 has popped up in various threads in the EoS forum.

Sygenta Juveniles have already applied for next year, and there are rumours of others but there's always rumours. There's also meant to be Clydebank's application so while nothing happens in the West that's something that'll get brought up.

Tier 6 becomes the 16 team EoS Premier. Then below this year's conference model gets replicated at Tier 7,  orregionalisation at Tier 7,  or a single division at Tier 7 with regionalisation at Tier 8. They've all been brought up. Until the number of applicants are known no structure can really be defined for 2019-20.

Games have started in both the EoS and Juniors. Think everyone's put restructuring on the back burner now and looking forward to the new season. It'll probably rear it's head again whenever the next PWG/SFA meeting happens.

Voting rights after the completion of their first season.

20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was there as much as that, I thought maybe 100 or so. Great game though. What's with the portacabins and sectioned off parts of the far terrace, is there work planned?

Eta, forgot about the pies, best I've had in ages.

Official attendace 155 . Portacabins will be new toilets .ladies, gentz , disabled and new meeting room . Work starts next week on new enclosure roof . Terracing to east and south to be repaired over time . Also looking at floodlighting options over next year or so . Pitch has been undergowing remedial works for 2 years and starting to look the part . 

40 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Official attendace 155 . Portacabins will be new toilets .ladies, gentz , disabled and new meeting room . Work starts next week on new enclosure roof . Terracing to east and south to be repaired over time . Also looking at floodlighting options over next year or so . Pitch has been undergowing remedial works for 2 years and starting to look the part . 

Good stuff, well done.

10 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Also looking at floodlighting options over next year or so .

Not being funny, but would these ever get used for midweek games if you're staying Junior? Especially now with the reduced number of league matches.

18 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not being funny, but would these ever get used for midweek games if you're staying Junior? Especially now with the reduced number of league matches.

The thought is having the option to play midweek games is better than not having the option .simple thought process really . Modern lighting solutions makes the burden off floodlighting less on smaller clubs . IMO floodlit grounds should have been a must for superleague junior clubs ,allas this will no longer be the case in the east .

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:06, Ginaro said:

Naebody is staying Junior and defo no in the east region.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

He’s just replied to that pile of guff, with what all level headed and sane people are thinking

Latest tweet from Carnoustie
"Fully agree, a competitive game played in a good spirit. Really disappointed how the Juniors appear to have been ditched by the national printed media because we aren’t part of the precious “pyramid”"
To be fair I watched my local amateurs game last Tuesday , it was a competitive game played in a good spirit. I can't understand why it wasn't covered by the national printed media.
No sure why it's worth getting knickers in a twist tbh. Carnoustie just coming across as jealous wee bairns here. Let the "pro's " get on with their league and the juniors on with their league.

Who really cares about getting exposure from that rag anyway?