Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

27 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

What Junior clubs have went out of business due to overspending- Ballingry is the only one I can think of. All the others were due to local apathy/ unable to get a committee which is a totally different thing

Other reasons the LL is shambolic. Hardly anybody owns their ground so you get games cancelled for things like a Little Mix concert FFS

Edusport v Edinburgh Uni, crowd 15. Aye the LL is booming. Remember Edusport says they want to be in the Premiership in 5 years. I have more chance of riding Rachel Riley

There have been quite a few junior sides over the years folded, went into abeyance or have fallen from top league to bottom league in a matter of years due to lots if different reasons..... I will not mock them for that as the committees probably felt they were doing the best by each club at the time.....too many examples amongst the leagues to this day.

You say other reasons the LL is shambolic then list one reason.... About owning a ground and having one game.... Yes one game.... Resheduled for a concert (can be played midweek under those bright things junior clubs can't play games under). 

Does it matter if a club owns its ground? If they have a base, which meets a certain standard then why do they have to own it..... I have played in some really downtrodden junior grounds over the years, did the toilet in the dark in something similar to the toilet from trainspotting.... But I suppose that was alright because the club owned the ground.... Give it a rest will you. 

Again, another post about one club, utilising one example to fit a narrative and try and make a point about something you clearly know little about..... I get that the juniors is important to folks, I played in it for 12 years or so and it remains important to me too but the best thing that could happen for all concerned is for all to join the pyramid. Put an end to the frankly ludicrous arguments about owning grounds and bigger crowds and put a collective effort into making things better. If two clubs could share one excellent ground instead of owning two delapateted grounds individually and make each club prosper, where is the harm in that? 

43 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Other reasons the LL is shambolic. Hardly anybody owns their ground so you get games cancelled for things like a Little Mix concert FFS

Edusport v Edinburgh Uni, crowd 15. Aye the LL is booming. Remember Edusport says they want to be in the Premiership in 5 years. I have more chance of riding Rachel Riley

The game wasn't cancelled, it was swapped to the opposition's ground with a month's notice before the fixture date. 4/16 LL teams are ground sharing at SPFL grounds, no doubt better quality than all Junior grounds. Don't forget that 2/16 West Premiership teams are ground sharing as well. I think there was a fixture swap recently involving Maryhill, with much less notice than the Little Mix concert.

28 minutes ago, iPhone said:

I think we should just leave Junior teams where they are and instead of climbing the leagues, overspending or any other dangers that could come their way in trying to progress they should try to be the best junior team they can be.

Sounds to me like you're against promotion and relegation in the Junior leagues - same thing could happen to a club in West League Two. Though what's wrong with teams like Kelty and Bonnyrigg, who were the best Junior teams they could be, moving up to a higher level?

Mods are needing to bin this thread it only provides a platform for the usual roasters.
Nah, I think it will keep going for a while yet. The roasters are the ones with something useful to discuss whilst the rest munch crayons.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:
Mods are needing to bin this thread it only provides a platform for the usual roasters.

Nah, I think it will keep going for a while yet. The roasters are the ones with something useful to discuss whilst the rest munch crayons.

Here me thinking you were wearing lipstick!

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The game wasn't cancelled, it was swapped to the opposition's ground with a month's notice before the fixture date. 4/16 LL teams are ground sharing at SPFL grounds, no doubt better quality than all Junior grounds. Don't forget that 2/16 West Premiership teams are ground sharing as well. I think there was a fixture swap recently involving Maryhill, with much less notice than the Little Mix concert.

The difference is the 2 West Premiership sides which are sharing actually have fans.  3 of the 4 LL sharers have virtually none.  These teams could play anywhere and it would make no difference.

Oh dear, all West Junior league games next midweek cancelled - how embarrassing for the league and the clubs.

Edited by drs

8 hours ago, tell_me_more said:

You are full of fun tonight, I wouldn't normally waste this much time on you but care to explain why teams at pyramid level 5 being  unable to field a team and also a team who finished 5th in level 6 being knocked out by an amateur ( See I'm learning) outfit is not embarassing and detrimental to the credibility of the leagues?  Take the blinkers off and consider the facts.

Tynecastle are basically ran on an amateur basis, as are a number of sides at the base of the pyramid (even some in LL). Until more actual semi pro sides come in from the Juniors, that will remain the case. Shortlees have a fair number of players with experience from a higher level as well as a few with the ability to do it that have not yet. They play on a public park so it's not as if they're outwith the pyramid (or Juniors for that matter) unfairly. Such is Scottish football that decent players would rather play on a public park than in either the Senior or Junior structure.

Edited by cmontheloknow

14 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

The difference is the 2 West Premiership sides which are sharing actually have fans.  3 of the 4 LL sharers have virtually none.  These teams could play anywhere and it would make no difference.

Your crowds mean nothing, pal. Those LL teams will have a chance to grow and possibly even play in the professional leagues whilst your team stagnates in a dying game. Unlucky.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Are Kelty in the Champions League yet?

They got further than Celtic.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Your crowds mean nothing, pal. Those LL teams will have a chance to grow and possibly even play in the professional leagues whilst your team stagnates in a dying game. Unlucky.

Edusport and BSC in the professional leagues.

Aye right.

in what way do you think these fanless teams will grow?