Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, TheLad said:

There's little to no interest in Junior football in East Region now. The 2 biggest Junior clubs in West Lothian with a crowd like that?
And I'll bet both clubs regret not making the move to EOSFL.

Sorry lad,but i bet whitburn don't..

My workmate who is a whitburn lad himself was in the social club pre/post match and all he heard was deresion towards the pyramid.

Remember these are more or less the same men who knocked back the chance to play in the super league when it was first set up :blink:.

After realising they had boo booed it took the team 5yrs to make it there!!

More than 150 at armadale for moved fixture .  There life outside the superleague . West lothians clubs can buck thd trend .the EOS attendances are no higher than previous seasons as junior so the punters are hardly clambering to be part of the big journey . Lets see how the ex juniors favour in climbing leagues this season .(after all they had outgrown junior football and felt they could go mid scottish fooyball league ) lets see how it works out . 

1 hour ago, daleboy1969 said:

More than 150 at armadale for moved fixture .  There life outside the superleague . West lothians clubs can buck thd trend .the EOS attendances are no higher than previous seasons as junior so the punters are hardly clambering to be part of the big journey . Lets see how the ex juniors favour in climbing leagues this season .(after all they had outgrown junior football and felt they could go mid scottish fooyball league ) lets see how it works out . 

You say moved fixture as if you were scheduled to be playing in Tayside, when the two grounds are 3 miles apart.

45 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

At least their opponents can raise a team.

Let's use one current example out of almost 100 clubs or so between the LL, Sos and EOS to make a seemingly funny (to you anyway) quip..... Shall we then delve into all the junior clubs who have went defunct or into abeyance to try and pull points or will we just leave it the witty banter there? 

Good luck to the junior sides this season, hopefully the game continues to attract its crowds and we eventually have the west teams into the pyramid soon to complete it and make it an even better collective product. 

13 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Let's use one current example out of almost 100 clubs or so between the LL, Sos and EOS to make a seemingly funny (to you anyway) quip..... Shall we then delve into all the junior clubs who have went defunct or into abeyance to try and pull points or will we just leave it the witty banter there? 

Good luck to the junior sides this season, hopefully the game continues to attract its crowds and we eventually have the west teams into the pyramid soon to complete it and make it an even better collective product. 

Its a level 5 team we are talking about, cannot even field a team, makes the set up seem pretty shambolic and amatuerish to me. Oh and talking about amatuers did an Ayrshire amatuer outfit not beat a level 6 team in the "big Scottish".  The esteemed pyramids credibility has taken a bit of a kicking this weekend.

Just now, gogsy said:

Gee thanks for that, that's me convinced that the esteemed pyramid  has taken a bit of a kicking at the weekend. :lol:

You are full of fun tonight, I wouldn't normally waste this much time on you but care to explain why teams at pyramid level 5 being  unable to field a team and also a team who finished 5th in level 6 being knocked out by an amateur ( See I'm learning) outfit is not embarassing and detrimental to the credibility of the leagues?  Take the blinkers off and consider the facts.

20 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Its a level 5 team we are talking about, cannot even field a team, makes the set up seem pretty shambolic and amatuerish to me. Oh and talking about amatuers did an Ayrshire amatuer outfit not beat a level 6 team in the "big Scottish".  The esteemed pyramids credibility has taken a bit of a kicking this weekend.

So the entire pyramid is now shambolic, because one club spent outwith their means and can no longer field a team......are we really going to go into the number of junior teams who have went out of business over the years through the very same process? Or are they to be left out of the debate because it clearly doesn't fit your narrative? 

I agree that at LL level that sort of thing shouldn't be happening as clubs at the highest level of non league football outside the spfl should have more sense when doing their dealings, but to call the whole thing shambolic because of one club is a tad lacking...... 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Oh and talking about amatuers did an Ayrshire amatuer outfit not beat a level 6 team in the "big Scottish".  The esteemed pyramids credibility has taken a bit of a kicking this weekend.

You're supposed to see upsets like this where a mid table team from the bottom of the pyramid lose to the best of the amateurs, its where the divide is at its slightest and why some want to see the amateur leagues added to the pyramid once the junior/senior divide settles.

3 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Mods are needing to bin this thread it only provides a platform for the usual roasters.

Indeed, here you are.

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

So the entire pyramid is now shambolic, because one club spent outwith their means and can no longer field a team......are we really going to go into the number of junior teams who have went out of business over the years through the very same process? Or are they to be left out of the debate because it clearly doesn't fit your narrative? 

I agree that at LL level that sort of thing shouldn't be happening as clubs at the highest level of non league football outside the spfl should have more sense when doing their dealings, but to call the whole thing shambolic because of one club is a tad lacking...... 

Should've added the lower levels I'll give you that.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Mods are needing to bin this thread it only provides a platform for the usual roasters.

Day of mourning in the east if this thread was binned

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

What Junior clubs have went out of business due to overspending- Ballingry is the only one I can think of. All the others were due to local apathy/ unable to get a committee which is a totally different thing

Other reasons the LL is shambolic. Hardly anybody owns their ground so you get games cancelled for things like a Little Mix concert FFS

Edusport v Edinburgh Uni, crowd 15. Aye the LL is booming. Remember Edusport says they want to be in the Premiership in 5 years. I have more chance of riding Rachel Riley