Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

I would describe it as more “recruiting trips”.

:lol:  The delusion with the Joonyurs is amazing, although it's great to know that they believe I wield such influence

Edited by Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

And here they come emoji23.png

I started the thread numbnuts, and I don't do fishing, too many tiddlers out there. It's no fun.

Numbnuts lol!!

Hanae heard that since my Uni days.

No-one paying any attention so resort to insults. Good tactics BM

Numbnuts lol!!

Aye, next up I'll be doing a leaflet drop over the West Region from the EoSFL private helicopter, that'll bag a few more.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
5 hours ago, santheman said:
Numbnuts lol!!

Aye, next up I'll be doing a leaflet drop over the West Region from the EoSFL private helicopter, that'll bag a few more.

Maybe you could drop some in TJ's front garden when your'e over Neilston way.

Edited by santheman

10 hours ago, shuggie123 said:

There's nobody to talk to over there. 

I've missed the scintilating chat on the upcoming East Juniors season Shuggie, oh hang on there doesn't appear to be any!

You guys joining the East of Scotland League next season?

On 25/07/2018 at 18:25, Burnie_man said:

It covered a lot of what was already on here, not sure why it would be deleted though.

"Junior football, what is the future?" is a brilliant thread and one of my favourite memories will always be watching the dominoes fall one by one while on holiday in Cuba back in May.

On the downside is that it is almost impossible to trawl back through 558 pages to identify a particular issue highlighted during the informed discussion.

I started the "WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led" thread to cover the position in the West Region but I agree with BM that at times the new thread covered other issues already mentioned in the main thread.

As the the OP for the WoSFL thread I can confirm that I did not delete the thread earlier in the week - nor did I receive any explanation for the deletion.

My own view is that we were perhaps moving into territory that made the SJFA Executive feel highly uncomfortable with and that "noises" or "pressures" were made to P&B.

However we all know that the issues raised will not be going away. Here we all are back on the main thread.

NB: Is it possible BM to create a brief index at the beginning of the main thread? The way things are going it will not be so far away that we have 1,000 pages to trawl through.

Edited by Pyramidic

15 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

"Junior football, what is the future?" is a brilliant thread and one of my favourite memories will always be watching the dominoes fall one by one while on holiday in Cuba back in May.

On the downside is that it is almost impossible to trawl back through 558 pages to identify a particular issue highlighted during the informed discussion.

I started the "WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led" thread to cover the position in the West Region but I agree with BM that at times the new thread covered other issues already mentioned in the main thread.

As the the OP for the WoSFL thread I can confirm that I did not delete the thread earlier in the week - nor did I receive any explanation for the deletion.

My own view is that we were perhaps moving into territory that made the SJFA Executive feel highly uncomfortable with and that "noises" or "pressures" were made to P&B.

However we all know that the issues raised will not be going away. Here we all are back on the main thread.

NB: Is it possible BM to create a brief index at the beginning of the main thread? The way things are going it will not be so far away that we have 1,000 pages to trawl through.

Ask the moderators for an explanation.  They shouldn't be deleting threads without explanation if it isnt already obvious why they have done it.

A tweet from a local sports reporter wishing good luck to the three West Lothian teams in the seniors EoS qualifying league competition - but one Junior team doesn't think there's enough coverage of their second division Junior club :rolleyes:

A tweet from a local sports reporter wishing good luck to the three West Lothian teams in the seniors EoS qualifying league competition - but one Junior team doesn't think there's enough coverage of their second division Junior club :rolleyes:

No point complaining to journalists. If your not celtic or rangers then the press aren't going to be coming to you. You've got to make their life easy, generate your own pr and give them a story to tell.

SENIOR DEBUT FOR JEANFIELD

Manager Ross Gunnion had this to say when asked about the new season and the future ahead for the club.

"Here we are at the beginning of another season, albeit it’s not just any other season!"

"In my 7 years as player and manager at this club I’ve not encountered a pre-season that has held this much excitement and optimism."

"We’ve called time on 90 years in the Junior game and embarked on a new chapter in the clubs history, one which now sees Jeanfield Swifts enter the Senior ranks in the East of Scotland League."

"Pre-Season has went well, even if it’s been a little rushed given the earlier than usual season opener for us. We’ve welcomed 5 new signings to the team and all have settled in well."

"But now the real action starts and I’m excited to see how our existing players have improved and how our new additions will perform against a top class team in Bo’ness Utd."

"As a start it couldn’t have been much tougher, but that’s a mark of where we are as a club. We have worked incredibly hard to get ourselves to a level where we are on an equal footing with teams like Bo’ness, Linlithgow Rose and Bonnyrigg Rose. We forged ourselves into the best Junior Club in Perthshire and we are now faced with new challenges and promotion to the Lowland League as the target for the club."

"We’ll visit old friends and also travel to new grounds and form new relationships."

"I for one am incredibly excited by what this season and the future will hold. We hope all our fans and supporters will feel the same and we’ll be doing our utmost to repay that support with results."

Updated 21:54 - 27 Jul 2018 by Scott Cummings

All the best to Jeanfield Swifts in their move over from Junior football. Clubs in the West Region will be watching their development with interest.

Edited by Pyramidic

10 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

SENIOR DEBUT FOR JEANFIELD

Manager Ross Gunnion had this to say when asked about the new season and the future ahead for the club.

"Here we are at the beginning of another season, albeit it’s not just any other season!"

"In my 7 years as player and manager at this club I’ve not encountered a pre-season that has held this much excitement and optimism."

"We’ve called time on 90 years in the Junior game and embarked on a new chapter in the clubs history, one which now sees Jeanfield Swifts enter the Senior ranks in the East of Scotland League."

"Pre-Season has went well, even if it’s been a little rushed given the earlier than usual season opener for us. We’ve welcomed 5 new signings to the team and all have settled in well."

"But now the real action starts and I’m excited to see how our existing players have improved and how our new additions will perform against a top class team in Bo’ness Utd."

"As a start it couldn’t have been much tougher, but that’s a mark of where we are as a club. We have worked incredibly hard to get ourselves to a level where we are on an equal footing with teams like Bo’ness, Linlithgow Rose and Bonnyrigg Rose. We forged ourselves into the best Junior Club in Perthshire and we are now faced with new challenges and promotion to the Lowland League as the target for the club."

"We’ll visit old friends and also travel to new grounds and form new relationships."

"I for one am incredibly excited by what this season and the future will hold. We hope all our fans and supporters will feel the same and we’ll be doing our utmost to repay that support with results."

Updated 21:54 - 27 Jul 2018 by Scott Cummings

All the best to Jeanfield Swifts in their move over from Junior football. Clubs in the West Region will be watching their development with interest.

Doubt your average punter at Junior game really gives an eff about Jeanfield Swifts.