Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

You ever been to one of these meetings? It's more Royston Vasey than the Paris Commune. They'll go along with what (if anything) the SJFA come up with.
Yes I have. Think the fine was £50 for a no show. I would consider that paying that 50 quid would be the best thing you could possibly do.

At the end of the meeting you say "why did I bother? I have LOST 3 hours from my life, 3 hours I can never get back again". In fact why did everyone else bother?

But you do have the experience of the secretary chairing it in his own inimitable style. Ignorant, rude, dismissive, can't keep his mouth shut. It is all about him. [emoji616] everything.

And to think he gets £10k pa to be a right shit. In public.

2 hours ago, Garret Deasy said:

So the West Region is not part of the SJFA?

Or maybe you are just making it up as you go along to suit your own agenda? Makes you a suitable candidate to be a region committee member. emoji37.pngemoji42.pngemoji137.png

It’s TJ that attends the pyramid working group meetings.

I’d love to know what you think my agenda is :blink:

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

Guest brycey

disnae matter who was in the chair - when you lose 3 years of your life attending it because its that bad - the statement tells me all i need to know about the idiots who are involved at the sjfa - a rest my case

1 minute ago, brycey said:

disnae matter who was in the chair - when you lose 3 years of your life attending it because its that bad - the statement tells me all i need to know about the idiots who are involved at the sjfa - a rest my case

It was 3 hours at a West Region meeting but other than that spot on

6 hours ago, santheman said:

Still at the old "Juniors  are run by incompetents" routine Garret.

Yawn!!!!!

You going to tell me different. Go on then. :whistle

Tell me about the sponsorship pouring into the game. The relevance of regional meetings to the clubs. The attempts by some clubs to create change which never gets even to the starting block. Competent people who have been invited to join committees but refuse because they know it would only legitimise the clowns in place. Why did so many east clubs leave? Clear lack of leadership from the blazers is the main reason.

However some of the blazers do make decisions. Here is one I found earlier. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/scottish-junior-football-association-stalwart-8793157

It is good to see the west clubs posting information about fixtures, dates, opponents following the West AGM just a day ago. They are behaving as if they have suddenly been liberated. 

4 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It’s TJ that attends the pyramid working group meetings.

I’d love to know what you think my agenda is :blink:

Do we know what TJ's agenda is? :(  :wacko: :blink:

I presume there is a document somewhere that has been shared with the clubs.

Not what the pyramid looks like according to the SFA but what the junior game wants. Or does he just fit in with what he is told to accept by the SFA? After all it is much easier that way. Lazy b*****d.

Guest brycey

cheers santheman - a got carried away there lol - always been the west region thats had the best teams and ayrshire and my posts on here slagging off the erjfa in particular in no way is bringing down you guys - been at countless grounds everywhere and have seen crackin games and most of all enjoyed the banter - lets hope the sjfa dont end up destroying the west region 

7 minutes ago, Garret Deasy said:

Do we know what TJ's agenda is? :(  :wacko: :blink:

I presume there is a document somewhere that has been shared with the clubs.

Not what the pyramid looks like according to the SFA but what the junior game wants. Or does he just fit in with what he is told to accept by the SFA? After all it is much easier that way. Lazy b*****d.

His agenda now is to get all of his regions into the pyramid at tier 6.

Error strewn pish in the new When Saturday Comes about teams leaving the Juniors. Gave up after the second paragraph, doubt the "author" has ever been to a Junior game in his life.

13 hours ago, Garret Deasy said:

You going to tell me different. Go on then. :whistle

Tell me about the sponsorship pouring into the game. The relevance of regional meetings to the clubs. The attempts by some clubs to create change which never gets even to the starting block. Competent people who have been invited to join committees but refuse because they know it would only legitimise the clowns in place. Why did so many east clubs leave? Clear lack of leadership from the blazers is the main reason.

However some of the blazers do make decisions. Here is one I found earlier. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/scottish-junior-football-association-stalwart-8793157

It is good to see the west clubs posting information about fixtures, dates, opponents following the West AGM just a day ago. They are behaving as if they have suddenly been liberated. 

Bet you feel a lot better after that

13 hours ago, brycey said:

cheers santheman - a got carried away there lol - always been the west region thats had the best teams and ayrshire and my posts on here slagging off the erjfa in particular in no way is bringing down you guys - been at countless grounds everywhere and have seen crackin games and most of all enjoyed the banter - lets hope the sjfa dont end up destroying the west region

Haha  we all do it

Nothing to to with the East Region Brycey like you I'm a West man and share your sentiments about it, time will tell

Now that all AGM’s are out of the way, has the Junior game dealt effectively with the elephant in the room? The answer in no.

At the SJFA EGM, there was a vote simply to underline the desire to move into the Pyramid as a block of clubs, and as most observers know that this is exceptionally unlikely to happen. Why TJ thinks this is the best way to approach PWG discussions who knows.

The East AGM dealt with re-organisation of the clubs that are left, probably in the knowledge that more will leave at the end of next season.

The West AGM also dealt with their re-organisation, but with no chat on the Pyramid or the likelihood of a WoSFL being set-up over the next 12 months, not that this discussion was ever likely.

The Regions seem happy to let TJ negotiate based on the vote at the EGM. As far as I can make out there is no plan B.  If the PWG reject the proposal to enter as a block – and it’s already been, given the issues in the East – then what happens next?

A WoSFL will be set-up and interested clubs move over in time for season 2019/20, remaining interested clubs in the East below the HL/LL line move to the EoS, and the SJFA carry on as before with a much reduced membership, including the “Tayside rump” and the North Region  (unless the North replicate the West and set-up a NoSFL).

It won’t be pretty, it will fracture the game in the West, but I just can’t see any smooth transfer into the Pyramid and over the next few seasons we’ll eventually see a strong WoS and EoS with some clubs having progressed into the LL.  What’s left of the Juniors will plough on in small regional leagues.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Now that all AGM’s are out of the way, has the Junior game dealt effectively with the elephant in the room? The answer in no.

At the SJFA EGM, there was a vote simply to underline the desire to move into the Pyramid as a block of clubs, and as most observers know that this is exceptionally unlikely to happen. Why TJ thinks this is the best way to approach PWG discussions who knows.

The East AGM dealt with re-organisation of the clubs that are left, probably in the knowledge that more will leave at the end of next season.

The West AGM also dealt with their re-organisation, but with no chat on the Pyramid or the likelihood of a WoSFL being set-up over the next 12 months, not that this discussion was ever likely.

The Regions seem happy to let TJ negotiate based on the vote at the EGM. As far as I can make out there is no plan B.  If the PWG reject the proposal to enter as a block – and it’s already been, given the issues in the East – then what happens next?

A WoSFL will be set-up and interested clubs move over in time for season 2019/20, remaining interested clubs in the East below the HL/LL line move to the EoS, and the SJFA carry on as before with a much reduced membership, including the “Tayside rump” and the North Region  (unless the North replicate the West and set-up a NoSFL).

It won’t be pretty, it will fracture the game in the West, but I just can’t see any smooth transfer into the Pyramid and over the next few seasons we’ll eventually see a strong WoS and EoS with some clubs having progressed into the LL.  What’s left of the Juniors will plough on in small regional leagues.

Great post as always. Any recent feedback from the Tayside clubs re the way things are panning out? Are there any clubs in the Tayside family that are particularly unhappy or are they all accepting the new "status quo"?  Are they placing their hopes that TJ is really committed to their cause and will successfully negotiate an outcome that will enable them to have a proper link within  the Pyramid?

Personally, I cannot seeTJ being willing to negotiate a solution that separates the Tayside clubs from the remainder of the ERJFA. If the SJFA/TJ are unwilling  to compromise on this issue I do not see how the PWG could approve the incorporation of Junior Clubs per se in the Pyramid.

I suppose the possibility over the next 12 months of a clutch of Tayside clubs approaching the EOS to form a Tayside / NoSL South League is remote at the moment.

There are individuals with loud voices from the Tayside area who are very much "mon the Juniors", what their current thinking is in light of the disintegration of the East Region who knows.

The HL/LL dividing line wont be moved without approval from the SPFL, and why would you want to move it further north and thereby further weaken the Pyramid north of Dundee, there is already a wide club imbalance.  Their future lies with a HL/NoSFL set-up should that play out, or of course just remain a Junior outpost.

It's a very fluid situation though, to many ifs and buts to know for sure the way it will pan out.

Having ambiguity over the East Region clubs North of the Tay is an easy way to keep the SJFA together. 

Quite happy to propose a joint East/West Superleague or both individual regions entering at a certain level. But there's never been an obvious suggestion that TJ has broached the boundary issue when passing on his kosher news or tier 6 promises.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

There are individuals with loud voices from the Tayside area who are very much "mon the Juniors", what their current thinking is in light of the disintegration of the East Region who knows.

The HL/LL dividing line wont be moved without approval from the SPFL, and why would you want to move it further north and thereby further weaken the Pyramid north of Dundee, there is already a wide club imbalance.  Their future lies with a HL/NoSFL set-up should that play out, or of course just remain a Junior outpost.

It's a very fluid situation though, to many ifs and buts to know for sure the way it will pan out.

The EoSFL have confirmed that (at least) one club north of the Tay approached them, so who knows what might have been / is being discussed with them...