Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I would support this proposal in principal. More games, more variety, more local derbies, less travel and an accurate ranking system going forward.
20180613_074046.thumb.jpg.2e757a2bf7248a57b93b44039747cf67.jpg.365b6712f6ef466984c40c6e0574d78c.jpg

Lochee United would piss this league imo.

Just found about about the exodus from the Juniors to the Seniors.  Surely this is a massive step towards an all encompassing pyramid structure for our game?

The EOS will be some scramble for promotion to the LL and beyond.  Great to see.

In what way are they "Super"?
Where did I say anything that they were super? The league is the Superleague as it stands and must retain that for the winners to gain access to the Senior Scottish Cup.

You're trying to be a smart arse and mock the club's that are remaining. You've failed.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just found about about the exodus from the Juniors to the Seniors.  Surely this is a massive step towards an all encompassing pyramid structure for our game?

The EOS will be some scramble for promotion to the LL and beyond.  Great to see.

Welcome to 2018  :huh:  I do hope you enjoyed your long sleep.  :)

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:

Where did I say anything that they were super? The league is the Superleague as it stands and must retain that for the winners to gain access to the Senior Scottish Cup.

You're trying to be a smart arse and mock the club's that are remaining. You've failed.

I was mocking the fact a "Super" League is supposed to consist of the top sides in a set up.  How can all the clubs play in a Super  League?

And my club is staying too...............as you would have noticed, had you not FAILED to glance to your left.

I was mocking the fact a "Super" League is supposed to consist of the top sides in a set up.  How can all the clubs play in a Super  League?
And my club is staying too...............as you would have noticed, had you not FAILED to glance to your left.

And this will be the top sides in this particular "set up". . . Through no fault of their own.

19 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The league can be called whatever it wants, the SFA don't care what it is called and it doesn't affect Scottish Cup entry.   The East Region blazers have it totally wrong. 

You could have two regional leagues with the winners playing off for the Championship and Scottish Cup place, as long as you produce a Champion, that's all the SFA require.

I highly doubt that the place in the senior Scottish Cup is dependent on the name of the league.  That would be crazy.

Obviously, the East juniors do not want to change the name from Super league to premier as that would them admitting that the league has gone down in standing with the loss of the clubs to the EoS.  I think that's perfectly understandable and I would not expect them to downgrade the name even if the league is not as "super" as last year.

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

I highly doubt that the place in the senior Scottish Cup is dependent on the name of the league.  That would be crazy.

Obviously, the East juniors do not want to change the name from Super league to premier as that would them admitting that the league has gone down in standing with the loss of the clubs to the EoS.  I think that's perfectly understandable and I would not expect them to downgrade the name even if the league is not as "super" as last year.

When did we start all this pish?  I am old enough to remember the East Region Leagues being "A" and "B", and no-one thought any the less of them for it.

Top tier then became "Super", second tiers became "Premier".  Who exactly did we think we were fooling with this semantic mucking about?  Sponsors?  Supporters?  The Media?  Or just ourselves?

15 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

When did we start all this pish?  I am old enough to remember the East Region Leagues being "A" and "B", and no-one thought any the less of them for it.

Top tier then became "Super", second tiers became "Premier".  Who exactly did we think we were fooling with this semantic mucking about?  Sponsors?  Supporters?  The Media?  Or just ourselves?

I agree that the naming stuff is nonsense.  League two being the fourth tier is stupid and even worse is the SPFL copying the English names.  Would be a lot easier with first division, second division etc.

I think that's a separate argument however and the issue now is that the division was already called the super league and changing the name to premier (which was previously second tier) would seem like admitting that the leagues are no longer as good.  Clearly they have declined in quality but I'm not surprised that the juniors want to keep the super league name.

Edited by stanley

I agree that the naming stuff is nonsense.  League two being the fourth tier is stupid and even worse is the SPFL copying the English names.  Would be a lot easier with first division, second division etc.
I think that's a separate argument however and the issue now is that the division was already called the super league and changing the name to premier (which was previously second tier) would seem like admitting that the leagues are no longer as good.  Clearly they have declined in quality but I'm not surprised that the juniors want to keep the super league name.

From a sponsors point of view it probably looks better if their name is associated with a super league rather than league A

Sent from my iPhone using Pie and Bovril mobile app

5 hours ago, Vollyman said:

From a sponsors point of view it probably looks better if their name is associated with a super league rather than league A

Sent from my iPhone using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Possibly, if the competing potential sponsors were Apple and Coca-Cola.

However, if they do find a sponsor it will be a corner shop in Lumphinnans, or similar. The owner will have no delusions about the "super-ness" of what he's buying.

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Possibly, if the competing potential sponsors were Apple and Coca-Cola.

However, if they do find a sponsor it will be a corner shop in Lumphinnans, or similar. The owner will have no delusions about the "super-ness" of what he's buying.

McBookie sponsor all the leagues, though who knows what that is worth.

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Elvis has died apparently and I hear Germany invaded Poland. Oh and we have this brand new invention that is a game changer, its called a wheel............

I know we received something like £200 for being runners-up in the South Division in 2016-17, so I'm guessing Dunbar received more as winners, and in turn the Premier and Super receive much more.  Oh, and a bookies pen ;)