Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
22 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:
2 proposals on the table,one with a east super league with 2 regional leagues below,the other 2 large regional leagues with no super league.

Two large regionals surely with a play-off.

They were thrown out immediately as there has to be a Super league so winners gain access into senior Scottish cup.

37 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

20180613_074028.jpg

Far be it from me to suggest the East Region powers that be don't know what they are doing but I think they've got the cup plans wrong. I know Tayport play in the GA Cup rather than Fife and Lothians but that still leaves 17 teams who would enter the Fife and Lothians so there can't be a 16 team straight all in draw? No teams seem to have pulled out this year so unless there is some other disciplinary matter or a team is opting to switch to the GA cup it seems that this is wrong?

No big deal to have a 1 fixture preliminary round but just a little concerning if they've miscounted the teams...

17 teams remaining in ERJFA who entered the 2017-18 Fife and Lothians Cup:
Armadale Thistle 
Bathgate Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Glenrothes
Harthill Royal
Kennoway Star Hearts 
Kirkcaldy YM
Livingston United
Lochgelly Albert
Lochore Welfare
Newburgh 
Pumpherston Juniors 
Rosyth
Stoneyburn Juniors
Thornton Hibs
West Calder United 
Whitburn Juniors

19 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

2 large leagues looks better to me. Keeps it strictly local and with more games.

....except for Luncarty on the local thing. Not clear why they would be in the south division, while Scone and Kinnoull are in the north division.

48 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

20180613_074046.jpg

Also if going down the north/south route someone needs to point out that Luncarty is 5 miles north of Perth and they would have to drive past Scone and Kinnoull on their way to every south fixture! 

It's a poorly thought out proposal if they can't even get the split point right. 

2 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Or 16 north of the Tay (the HL/LL split) and 10/10 in the south?

I don't think Tayport would be keen to sign up for anything that isolates them from Dundee clubs.