Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

“We’ll just continue as we have done before,” said Johnston.   

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football, and indeed Scotland itself, encapsulated in eight words. Luckily, I seem to have a morbid sense of humour, so find this amusing, but I probably shouldn't. I'm assuming that no-one sane has any intention of letting this numptie and his acolytes anywhere near Tier 8, let alone 6.

“We’ll just continue as we have done before,” said Johnston.   
Everything that is wrong with Scottish football, and indeed Scotland itself, encapsulated in eight words. Luckily, I seem to have a morbid sense of humour, so find this amusing, but I probably shouldn't. I'm assuming that no-one sane has any intention of letting this numptie and his acolytes anywhere near Tier 8, let alone 6.

Isn't the definition of insanity 'continuing to repeat the same actions knowing the outcome will be failure...'

Sent from my SM-G800F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I would just like to say well done to Burnie man and many others for their perseverance on providing what I believe will be a better future for the football clubs that have moved over. It will not be perfect and there will be challenges to overcome. However at least the clubs will be able to find their level and improve standards.

It is a great pity the club that I have followed all my life Benburb  are not moving over with them.  I sincerely hope they will review their position and move over next season.

13 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Is it tonight that the East Region meet to sort out the structure?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 leagues of 12

downfield fc @DownfieldFc

After tonight’s meeting it’s three leagues of 12 Super North and South Clubs in each league will be adopted at next weeks AGM if it’s done on ranking positions ( current league positions ) we will be in the Super League but still to be adopted and ratified at the AGM

Lesson to be learned for the West Region.

Go Senior as one or it will be a blood bath.

23 hours ago, tinto said:

I would just like to say well done to Burnie man and many others for their perseverance on providing what I believe will be a better future for the football clubs that have moved over. It will not be perfect and there will be challenges to overcome. However at least the clubs will be able to find their level and improve standards.

It is a great pity the club that I have followed all my life Benburb  are not moving over with them.  I sincerely hope they will review their position and move over next season.

Should be a bit clearer by 6pm on Saturday after the SJFA AGM.

3 leagues of 12
downfield fc‏ @DownfieldFc
After tonight’s meeting it’s three leagues of 12 Super North and South Clubs in each league will be adopted at next weeks AGM if it’s done on ranking positions ( current league positions ) we will be in the Super League but still to be adopted and ratified at the AGM  
Not a lover of punctuation.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Lesson to be learned for the West Region.

Go Senior as one or it will be a blood bath.

Should be a bit clearer by 6pm on Saturday after the SJFA AGM.

The SJFA constitution expects the regional AGMs to follow the national one. 

That is arse-about- face, and typical of a top-down mentality.

You can imagine the message down from the top - "Nothing to see, steady as she goes ...".  Whereas the message up from the regions might be "Help!", but no response for another year.

Of course, in the real world, there would be lots of informal communication, but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to happen on Planet Junior.

21 minutes ago, tinto said:

Nothing to do with me tinto, all I did was start a thread to discuss the issue and argue my points. Nothing more than that.  It was the clubs that made it happen, and will continue to make it happen over the next 12-18 months.

4 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

There's going to be some void in the Juniors forum when all you East Coaster Posters tootle over to the EOSL forum.

I might stick around on my thread, help you guys along a bit.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

Naw better you moved along, I think we will manage fine without any "Come on in the waters lovely" brigade

Seriously, it's no trouble at all.  Plus, I'm no leaving my thread to the mercy of some of the savages on here  :whistle