Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Burnieman, you have had an agenda with TJ and the SJFA since day one. It's over now, only time will tell how successful the move will be to the clubs. You wanted a fixture list...you got it. Advice and assistance ...the promise is there. Good luck to you and all the others.

38 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The desperate shite circulated by TJ - "kosher" info - and the constant slagging at East meetings has driven more clubs to leave now. He should resign.

How many East meetings have you attended in the past 12 months?

Edited by Khufu2

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Contacts who were actually at the meetings? Its not rocket science. 

So it's hearsay, from those that have a vested interest in denigrating TJ and the SJFA, that  you rely on. LOL!

No minutes then? :lol:

6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Contacts who were actually at the meetings? Its not rocket science. What did you rely on when you claimed Lothian Thistle Heriot vale had no toilets at their ground? Blind stupidity?

Evidently it is, I mean it's ridiculous to think that former delegates might actually still be friends with delegates who attend these meetings.

I didn't need to be at Beechwood Park to know which box Talbot ticked on the survey, despite their wailing.

5 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Shouldn't all talk of EoS leagues/conferences/clubs/formations etc etc now be shifted to the East of Scotland forum?

Would make sense to keep this forum for Junior info only.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Depends on the context. If it's to correct misunderstandings, then no. Many don't understand why so many clubs have left the Juniors and it helps to explain what they moved for.

Just now, gogsy said:

Do you seriously believe minutes record every comment at a meeting. :lol:

Oh dear.

So you rely purely on hearsay.  So tell us more about what someone who knows someone who knows someone who attended the meeting said about this "constant slagging at East meetings."

At how many meetings did this "constant slagging occur"? What form did this "constant slagging" take?

3 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Oh dear.

So you rely purely on hearsay.  So tell us more about what someone who knows someone who knows someone who attended the meeting said about this "constant slagging at East meetings."

At how many meetings did this "constant slagging occur"? What form did this "constant slagging" take?

Quantum Leap do you ever stop ? 

On 09/06/2017 at 15:14, Burnie_man said:

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

As expected we've seen Kelty jump ship, maybe one or two will follow in the next couple of seasons but I can’t see a trickle becoming a flood for various reasons, particularly in the West.

However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a significant percentage of clubs out there who would like to see a proper pyramid structure in place which wholly involves Junior clubs, and for these clubs to work towards gaining an SFA Licence and work their way up that structure, participating in the Scottish Cup.

Currently, the SJFA don’t appear willing to engage in serious discussions with the SFA, or even open a debate internally with members on this issue.

So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?  Do nothing and hope that we only lose a handful of clubs and carry on unchanged, or begin an honest and open discussion between member clubs about how to integrate with the pyramid.

These are serious questions that now need asked but I doubt we’ll hear much about it at the upcoming AGM, it’ll be more head in the sand stuff and no leadership.

Well it’s a year to the day since I started this thread and I don’t think anyone could have foreseen then where we are at today, the pace of change has been incredible. Two old Junior clubs played a final today and it was the last kick either will have in Junior football.

I got it wrong with regards to trickle although it looked that way right upto March, but in the end it turned into a flood in the East, we’ve been washed away with clubs keen to make the jump to the EoS/Pyramid and the Junior game is effectively finished in the traditional East Region area. The EoS clung to life when it looked very bleak a few seasons back, the Pyramid concept was looking like a busted flush with clubs leaving to join the Juniors, I called it as such in 2015. How wrong I was and credit to the EoS for sticking with it and continuing to promote the benefits of joining the Pyramid and SFA Licencing.  The message began to hit home as the inept leadership of the SJFA and its Regions continued and Kelty said they had had enough.

As predicted, the SJFA stuck it’s head in the sand at last years AGM and it is still in there as the East disintegrates with the West certain to follow suit in 2019/20 (or maybe before?), there was no honest and open discussion with members just a fairly ham-fisted survey which hardly inspired confidence and in reality was done through gritted teeth. Their Pyramid meeting (in the East at least) turned into another slag fest towards the EoS, cue more clubs leaving, including those of the ERJFA President and former President.  The mismanagement of the game since the LL was first mooted has eventually come home to roost.

So I ask again, what is the future of the Junior game? It’s as bleak as that of the EoSFL in 2015, however this time the SJFA have nothing to offer to turn it round. It’s finished as the major semi-pro non-league body in Scotland.  Tom Johnston should do the right thing and stand down.

It needs to react now to the inevitable and come up with a strategy to look after those members who want to remain where they are, perhaps even look at some form of merger with the SAFA and run the game at lower – more local – levels.  There is still very much a place in the game for these clubs and maybe eventually a link to the Pyramid at tier 8 or 9 level, many clubs at the lower Junior level who are effectively amateur anyway.  Do away with a full time Secretary, dispose of its office at Hampden, and put up the SJFA funds into improving the facilities of remaining members so that one day they may be able to become Licenced themselves.

In these fast changing times, the next 12 months is a long long way away, but the wind of change has blown away the cobwebs.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If you want actual evidence i could always tell you about the East region representative that was peddling lies about EOS league at the second last junior game i was at this season. :) And when the junior lapdog daleboy1969 even admits it was happening at meetings then you know the games up. 

So now we're down to something said by someone at a football match.:lol::lol::lol:

39 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

Burnieman, you have had an agenda with TJ and the SJFA since day one. It's over now, only time will tell how successful the move will be to the clubs. You wanted a fixture list...you got it. Advice and assistance ...the promise is there. Good luck to you and all the others.

I have an agenda against people who circulate lies and half truths in order to deceive.  I have an agenda against people who did and are continuing to do a great disservice to the Junior game.  It didn't need to come to this, it could have all been so much different if people had opened their eyes to what was going on 5/6 years ago instead of swallowing the "£150k toilet block" lie (which is still being peddled) and go and find out for themselves, like many are doing now.

The Junior game killed itself, nobody else was to blame but those with self-interest in mind.  It will be an interesting tale when it's written, after the headstone is finally planted.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well it’s a year to the day since I started this thread and I don’t think anyone could have foreseen then where we are at today, the pace of change has been incredible. Two old Junior clubs played a final today and it was the last kick either will have in Junior football.

I got it wrong with regards to trickle although it looked that way right upto March, but in the end it turned into a flood in the East, we’ve been washed away with clubs keen to make the jump to the EoS/Pyramid and the Junior game is effectively finished in the traditional East Region area. The EoS clung to life when it looked very bleak a few seasons back, the Pyramid concept was looking like a busted flush with clubs leaving to join the Juniors, I called it as such in 2015. How wrong I was and credit to the EoS for sticking with it and continuing to promote the benefits of joining the Pyramid and SFA Licencing.  The message began to hit home as the inept leadership of the SJFA and its Regions continued and Kelty said they had had enough.

As predicted, the SJFA stuck it’s head in the sand at last years AGM and it is still in there as the East disintegrates with the West certain to follow suit in 2019/20 (or maybe before?), there was no honest and open discussion with members just a fairly ham-fisted survey which hardly inspired confidence and in reality was done through gritted teeth. Their Pyramid meeting (in the East at least) turned into another slag fest towards the EoS, cue more clubs leaving, including those of the ERJFA President and former President.  The mismanagement of the game since the LL was first mooted has eventually come home to roost.

So I ask again, what is the future of the Junior game? It’s as bleak as that of the EoSFL in 2015, however this time the SJFA have nothing to offer to turn it round. It’s finished as the major semi-pro non-league body in Scotland.  Tom Johnston should do the right thing and stand down.

It needs to react now to the inevitable and come up with a strategy to look after those members who want to remain where they are, perhaps even look at some form of merger with the SAFA and run the game at lower – more local – levels.  There is still very much a place in the game for these clubs and maybe eventually a link to the Pyramid at tier 8 or 9 level, many clubs at the lower Junior level who are effectively amateur anyway.  Do away with a full time Secretary, dispose of its office at Hampden, and put up the SJFA funds into improving the facilities of remaining members so that one day they may be able to become Licenced themselves.

In these fast changing times, the next 12 months is a long long way away, but the wind of change has blown away the cobwebs.

Nothing much that anyone can add to (or disagree with) Burnie Man's views above.  Well said .

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Do away with a full time Secretary, dispose of its office at Hampden, and put up the SJFA funds into improving the facilities of remaining members so that one day they may be able to become Licenced themselves.

The SFA does not countenance the licensing of SJFA members. Had it done so the shambles in the East would not have happened.

Edited by Khufu2

26 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

So now we're down to something said by someone at a football match.:lol::lol::lol:

Khufu, when does this quest end for you? Is there an actual point to it? If so, what is it? What is the outcome you are hoping to achieve? 

The reason I ask is that I don't actually know where you are going with any of the comments you have made or their purpose on any of the threads you have posted them on, multiple times. 

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I have an agenda against people who circulate lies and half truths in order to deceive.  I have an agenda against people who did and are continuing to do a great disservice to the Junior game.  It didn't need to come to this, it could have all been so much different if people had opened their eyes to what was going on 5/6 years ago instead of swallowing the "£150k toilet block" lie (which is still being peddled) and go and find out for themselves, like many are doing now.

The Junior game killed itself, nobody else was to blame but those with self-interest in mind.  It will be an interesting tale when it's written, after the headstone is finally planted.

You are correct about the self intrested .unfortunate for you guys they have moved over to the seniors now .the task off ridding the east region of them has now passed .hopefully they are kept away from running or rather ruining things in their new surroundings . I still believe the juniors can go down the path required .people will have to go and ideas embraced or our best clubs will all be gone .the shake up has to start over the next 7 days .

Ohh for the recòrd we recon our new toilet facility will roll in about 20 grand ( but armadales cheaper for building works than the more afluant areas off the east region ) 

Just now, gogsy said:

Are you just quoting random quotes and adding unconnected comments now, great stuff.

What on earth are you havering about?  Burnieman made a point which merited a response.   I've provided one.

5 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

You are correct about the self intrested .unfortunate for you guys they have moved over to the seniors now .the task off ridding the east region of them has now passed .hopefully they are kept away from running or rather ruining things in their new surroundings . I still believe the juniors can go down the path required .people will have to go and ideas embraced or our best clubs will all be gone .the shake up has to start over the next 7 days .

Ohh for the recòrd we recon our new toilet facility will roll in about 20 grand ( but armadales cheaper for building works than the more afluant areas off the east region ) 

Your long term future is the EoS. Other clubs will move end of next season and you should follow if you have your clubs best interests at heart which I'm sure you do. Deep down you know it.   I look forward to having a pish in the new toilets pre-season, always enjoyed a game at the Volly.

Just now, gogsy said:

What a brass neck, you quoted me as well and as soon as I commented you edited your post and took mine out. 

LOL!!!!

I edited my post to remove the extraneous quote before you replied.  My edit 1758. Your reply posted at 1759.

14 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The SFA does not countenance the licensing of SJFA members. Had it done so the shambles in the East would not have happened.

If the SJFA had engaged positively with the LL and Pyramid at the outset years ago then this thread wouldn't exist which is my whole fecking point!  If you want to point fingers, point them at TJ and his cohorts.