Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

18 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

You have rightly stated armadale were against mass migration .we felt junior football could and should have been repaired from within .we believe that pyramid inclusion is a must in order to allow bigger clubs to develop.we would like to see the introduction of an under 20/ development league within each region .we thought junior football required localised ( we supported a failed bid for reconstruction on this basis) we always thought that the sulerleagues should have a minimum standatď of ground facilities .

What now angers our club and members is the fact 3 off our 4 sjfa delegates ( the men who should have been our voice at the top table) have ran to the very association they mocked .these people should be removed from football as they have no intrests other than looking sfter number 1 . I ill not miss them . All the best to the clubs who move up thru the ranks . We must now repair and modernise junior football in order to secure its future .

Or just join the darkside

44 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

After all the discussion about Linlithgow and Bo'ness either both going or both staying so that they still have their derbies, it must be a blow that they have ended up in different leagues and may not play each other for years to come.

Do you understand the EoS format for 19-20?

You have rightly stated armadale were against mass migration .we felt junior football could and should have been repaired from within .we believe that pyramid inclusion is a must in order to allow bigger clubs to develop.we would like to see the introduction of an under 20/ development league within each region .we thought junior football required localised ( we supported a failed bid for reconstruction on this basis) we always thought that the sulerleagues should have a minimum standatď of ground facilities .
What now angers our club and members is the fact 3 off our 4 sjfa delegates ( the men who should have been our voice at the top table) have ran to the very association they mocked .these people should be removed from football as they have no intrests other than looking sfter number 1 . I ill not miss them . All the best to the clubs who move up thru the ranks . We must now repair and modernise junior football in order to secure its future .

Why is pyramid inclusion a must to allow bigger clubs to develop? What about the wee clubs can they not develop? Well I can tell you that they can’t in Junior football but they absolutely can in senior football.

Regarding those blazers on the top table unless they are neutral John Reilly, chic Spence, Syd Mcalpine etc they are all attached to clubs so of course they are gonna look after their own clubs first.

Personally I think it’s too late to repair and modernise Junior football in either the East or the West. But don’t worry about it next season Armadale will be welcomed with open arms by the EOS when they make their application.

25 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

We must now repair and modernise junior football in order to secure its future .

Surely you even realise the game is up for Junior football in the Lothians?  why not prepare to join the EoS for 2019/20, where you will be able to work towards a club Licence and which will also give you an U20 Development League?? oh, and a fixture list.

28 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

What are the 4 clubs?

19 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

You obviously don't think I do so please enlighten me.

The top 4/5 or so from each 'conference' league will form a new top division for 19-20. BU and LR will surely do that. Therefore they'll be in the same division unless one of them has a nightmare season and misses out OR one has a brilliant one, wins their sub section, the overall championship AND the South play-off. It's IMO more than likely they'll both be in the EOS Premier in 19-20.

It's likely LR will win C, B it's take your pick from 3/4 perhaps and A it's likely Penicuik begin as favourites. To be last man standing for either will be a great achievement - could easily be a Penicuik v Bonnyrigg v Linlithgow championship play off (I assume it will be a mini league).

There will though come a time when they'll be apart should one go up as until it's more than 1 up, there will be a bottleneck.

But if BU had had an inferior goal difference to Camelon, they'd have been in LR's section!

Edited by cmontheloknow

37 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Why is pyramid inclusion a must to allow bigger clubs to develop? What about the wee clubs can they not develop? Well I can tell you that they can’t in Junior football but they absolutely can in senior football.

Regarding those blazers on the top table unless they are neutral John Reilly, chic Spence, Syd Mcalpine etc they are all attached to clubs so of course they are gonna look after their own clubs first.

Personally I think it’s too late to repair and modernise Junior football in either the East or the West. But don’t worry about it next season Armadale will be welcomed with open arms by the EOS when they make their application.

This is not true about the wee clubs unable to develop in the Juniors , all clubs large or small  in our area are unrecognisable from 5/10 yrs ago, and I would suggest they are not the only Junior Clubs that have developed and this is without Senior football. To generalise about the Juniors looks good but far from reality, personally my own club due to hard work and an excellent 2016/17 season invested in more of  our facilities , and I would personally like this to be a regular income from participation in whatever league. 

Edited by GLENAFTON93

I noticed a comment on East Ayrshire and its clubs. There's an excellent book written by Dipple (pre Sunday Sesh) about the struggle to play football in South and East Ayrshire called the South Ayrshire League 1920-32. It shows that East Ayrshire clubs were survivors as they were cast aside from the more lucrative Ayrshire leagues and refused entry into the Western League. Apart from Muirkirk Juniors who were not formed at that particular time, every club in East Ayrshire including Kello are still to the fore. No matter what happens in non-league football these clubs have the survival instincts to do the right thing whether to stay Junior or join the pyramid. I wait with baited breath.

This will be a transitional season only with next year’s leagues based on this year’s positions.  Chances are that Bo’ness and the 2 Roses will be in top section next season.  League Cup and othe cups may also pair the top junior cups together.  At least Forfar and Broughty are off the travel plans.

To be fair daleboy is quite right in my opinion about the delegates.

How can the man at the top table in the juniors peddling all sorts of promises/lies etc be allowed to jump ship to the eos without getting an absolute hounding.

That is only the Broxburn guy.

He is the worst as in the highest position.

Clearly other delegates of the region and sjfa should also be never allowed near a blazer again.

Footnote i am massively for the eos.

Just in politics if you make a massive foopa or dodgy statements etc you are fired to the back benches.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

In fairness to the delegates they are only one voice and one vote at their respective clubs. Decisions have been made based on a number of points. I think the clubs who left the ERJFA after the first batch of clubs, did so because of a number issues including  more travel to Tayside . Once that happened the others had very little choice but to follow on. What I do agree with is the fact our delegates to the SJFA have been seen to have done very little to prevent the break up or the ERJFA. Another point I would also raise is our SJFA Vice President should step down as his club ( Clydebank ) have attended meetings of the EoSL and admitted they are only staying put because of their ground not being ready otherwise they would be gone. He should do step down  either before the AGM or at the meeting. This is not personal but we really need people with the Junior game at heart leading us.

Not sure what the big deal is here, they wont be junior reps  after Scottish/East region agms anyway. Seems to be a lot of anger about a situation that will be resolved in a couple of weeks.

No they will still be junior reps for 12 months remember. It is these people that are part of that pish still being publicised.

Why will none of the 3 make a statement denouncing the top table if they now disagree with tj.

OK i have to admit this is going way over my head, [emoji20]how do they continue to be junior reps for another 12 months?

Cos they have to give 12 months notice. Same as the club's.Wooooooshhhhhhh

My point is they are all part of this fake news.

They have left the Tom J cabinet.

They have made no comment as they sneak off into the eos.

Apologies you are being woooshed.

Of course they can hand in their blazers whenever they like (If Tom says they can).

The eos committee should have these gents on the banned list that is all.

Or if they are all upstanding fine honest gentlemen they should be denouncing Mr Johnstone as a cad and a bounder

Cos they have to give 12 months notice. Same as the club's.Wooooooshhhhhhh 

My point is they are all part of this fake news.
They have left the Tom J cabinet.
They have made no comment as they sneak off into the eos.

They can’t continue as junior reps as they need to be attached to a junior club to be able to serve.

As of Thursday all their clubs are now in the Seniors so bollox to your 12 months.

They can’t continue as junior reps as they need to be attached to a junior club to be able to serve.

As of Thursday all their clubs are now in the Seniors so bollox to your 12 months.

Really [emoji6]

I read It in the Sunday sport

There has been no fake news from TJ, SJFA or the ERFA.  The SFA could have and should have resolved this a long time ago. With Regan stepping down and a temporary man put in charge who was also departing the SFA ....TJ had nothing concrete to put out. Now Ian Maxwell is in place and a Pryamid Group Meeting being held shortly followed by an SFA board meeting two days later I think we will all know exactly where we stand.  This whole affair has not been good for football at our level and I include EoSL in this as well. 

There has been no fake news from TJ, SJFA or the ERFA.  The SFA could have and should have resolved this a long time ago. With Regan stepping down and a temporary man put in charge who was also departing the SFA ....TJ had nothing concrete to put out. Now Ian Maxwell is in place and a Pryamid Group Meeting being held shortly followed by an SFA board meeting two days later I think we will all know exactly where we stand.  This whole affair has not been good for football at our level and I include EoSL in this as well. 
The EoSFL have done absolutely nothing wrong. All they have done is accept new applicants and been very professional about it.

The desperate shite circulated by TJ - "kosher" info - and the constant slagging at East meetings has driven more clubs to leave now. He should resign.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app