Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I can now allegedly print that east region neutral fixture secretary John Reilly was one of the gentlemen informing the club's that the eos would not accept any more teams due to the sfa stepping in.

This came from an east secretary. That bit is factual.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

"making a formal complaint", my god what about the months of horseshit that the SJFA have been coming out with to scare clubs into staying.  Some people in the West just cant accept that clubs are moving of their own free will and this hasn't been as the result of moves by the EoS - we looked at what was available, we evaluated the pros and cons and we decided to leave this "grade" behind for something that hopefully will be better.

No one is moving on the basis that it will all be jam tomorrow, there is a lot of work to do BUT there are now 25 or so former Junior clubs who can dream of one day being in the SPFL and who now actually have a path to do so. 

Interesting times ahead in the senior game.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I am wondering if it is a shot across the bows of any clubs wanting to leave next season. I wonder if there will a new rule written in this year. If I was running a west club and was thinking of leaving I would be immediately resigning and work with other like minded clubs to make sure a working west league is in place for 19/20.

It is very poor form for the SJFA to be thinking along these lines and it’s time for clubs to move away from an association who threatens there members.

Supposing this new rule was proposed at the AGM on 16/6/18, the clubs would need to vote, and would it get the required majority ? The clubs would also be required to enter into a contract with the SJFA, making this a legal requirement.

I can't see any  junior club in the West 'buying into' that approach. This isn't the 1950's. 

Supposing this new rule was proposed at the AGM on 16/6/18, the clubs would need to vote, and would it get the required majority ? The clubs would also be required to enter into a contract with the SJFA, making this a legal requirement.
I can't see any  junior club in the West 'buying into' that approach. This isn't the 1950's. 

That depends on the views of the ‘remainers’ who would have no interest in moving and may feel that it gives junior football some security. In terms of a contract clubs already enter into a contract by paying a membership fee for the 12 months that they are members.

I’m not saying it will happen I’m only saying that I wouldn’t be surprised given some of the comments.

In terms of it not being the 1950s, have you been to junior meeting? I’m not sure that some clubs still don’t think that it is.

Other posters have highlighted that TJ has been extremely quiet on the departure of clubs from the Juniors to the EoSL.
I think that there is a real danger that a trap may be set for departing clubs at the SJFA Annual General Meeting on the 16th June - one week's time.  This is where I think the one year resignation notice rule will first appear.
In my view all clubs departing for the EoSL this year or next should submit their resignations / anticipated resignations before the 16th June.
Where this will leave clubs that want to depart for 2019/20 to the WoSL such as Clydebank I do not know?
Remember the promise to have juniors in the pyramid for season 19/20?
If TJ still plans on that, surely all Junior teams need to give their notice shortly..
Or probably not, since they have done hee-haw about integration and under the circumstances, 1 year notice is neither realistic or justifiable. Or valid for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 hours ago, Truthteller said:

3055DD5D-FA24-4567-8788-124D94081798.jpeg

So, how'd that work out for you then?

2 minutes ago, drs said:

So, how'd that work out for you then?

Conference A  from my source was correct, methinks there may have been a wee bit of geographical jiggery pokery with the others.

How was it decided which team went in to what conference ?

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

I can now allegedly print that east region neutral fixture secretary John Reilly was one of the gentlemen informing the club's that the eos would not accept any more teams due to the sfa stepping in.

This came from an east secretary. That bit is factual.

I understand the ERJFA President was present at the EoSFL AGM............

4 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

How do the three leagues work in terms of promotion etc towards season 2019/20?

Barring something unexpected happening, the top 5 clubs from each Conference will form the Premier Division in 2019/20.  The situation is not yet decided as to whom the 16th club will be, Possibly Clydebank ?  Not yet decided/announced.