Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Have the regulations changed much since Tinto had people under its enclosure, risking life and limb?

Safe standing means addition of crush barriers to large covered enclosures as far as I know, clear delineation of fire exits, clearly defined capacity and lighting within the enclosure. Few at junior level have these. While some of these are defined in club licensing manual - I may have made some of them up!

The new stand at Galabank shows what newbuilds need to be like (afaik):

annan-athletic-fc-galabank-club-house-end-1436285112.jpg

needs to be crush barriers over a certain size but it doesnt need to be as big as that. Enclosures like Beith/Cumnock etc perfectly acceptable.

I'm sure Beith's fine as it's so narrow and Cumnock from memory's not especially steep. A few others would have some work to do though I think.

Edited by cmontheloknow

35 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Have the regulations changed much since Tinto had people under its enclosure, risking life and limb?

Safe standing means addition of crush barriers to large covered enclosures as far as I know, clear delineation of fire exits, clearly defined capacity and lighting within the enclosure. Few at junior level have these. While some of these are defined in club licensing manual - I may have made some of them up!

annan-athletic-fc-galabank-club-house-en

Clachnacuddin's newish covered terracing is about 3 times as deep as that with no barriers.

11 minutes ago, marconi said:

although most grounds are perfectly safe  in daylight  it will be a diferent story in darkness...

That's kind of what having floodlights is for. If teams have those and have a small ground with relatively limited cover as is the case with most junior grounds there usually won't be all that much to do beyond that on the lighting angle.

I think there are a few different sides to ground standard - matches that require a safety certificate, official capacity of any enclosures, level of licence. Obviously a run of the mill EoS or LL match is not going to require a safety certificate but a big cup tie might. I think where there could be issues is if a big crowd was anticipated and the local issuers of the safety certificate were unhappy about the safety of a stand.

Hopefully the Kilsyth guys on here can correct me, but their lovely old shed was reduced to 500 was it not, on safety grounds? Is that still the case?

The Clach cover...

image.png.7b5030f5f986a1fee7bf3ac06b9befc2.png

might have a reduced capacity from what is expected were they to host a big cup tie - it would be down to the safety certificate issuer to decide that.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

annan-athletic-fc-galabank-club-house-en

I thought LTHV were getting a licence.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This thread seems to be full of them...

I wonder how many at Cumnock were wishing Edusport Academy, BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts, Civil Service Strollers or Edin Uni or Stirling Uni had been their visitors today.

What a load of mince they're expected to aspire to.

15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I thought LTHV were getting a licence.

Their stand is not really relevant here with 100 capacity! I am referring to bigger stands which are built with Bronze in mind.

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I wonder how many at Cumnock were wishing Edusport Academy, BSC Glasgow, Cumbernauld Colts, Civil Service Strollers or Edin Uni or Stirling Uni had been their visitors today.

What a load of mince they're expected to aspire to.

All teams who jumped at  an opportunity when your glorious leader scoffed at the idea. The very same leader who is now desperately trying to negotiate his way back in.

Nobody is asking you to like the above teams, but you can’t blame them for joining something that nobody else wanted to at the time.

10 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

All teams who jumped at  an opportunity when your glorious leader scoffed at the idea. The very same leader who is now desperately trying to negotiate his way back in.

Nobody is asking you to like the above teams, but you can’t blame them for joining something that nobody else wanted to at the time.

Wouldn't even say those clubs jumped at it. Stirling University were the only club in the LL from the start. Rest took a year(s) to get in.

Almost as if they knew it was an option, investigated the pros/cons, took action and got on with it.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Top drama in the juniors in the last week. Absolutely tremendous stuff. Will miss it when it's gone. 

There will still be the same football played in the pyramid and there will still be drama...

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Top drama in the juniors in the last week. Absolutely tremendous stuff. Will miss it when it's gone. 

I must have dreamt about the final matchday drama in the LL and EoS then...