Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, it really isn't. 

Highest standard of football is subjective and not one person or group will agree on the best standard.

For me, total football and teams that play exciting attacking football coupled with a defensive approach that utilises high pressing and the recycling of the ball high up the park is exciting. But for others it is a hussle bussle battle on a boggy park or a team playing direct attacking football using a target man and for so one else it is a team who plays on the counter attack. 

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would any of the history of the Junior Cup or the clubs involved disappear if the Juniors "grade" goes?  Historians didn't suddenly stop talking about the Soviet Union when it collapsed in the early 90s.  History will always be history - the most important thing is getting the future right.

You've missed my point I think, and in quite an odd way.  

I wasn't really talking about history being eradicated Thanos-style because I kind of already know that doesn't happen but about the avoidable decline of a great trophy which could have been integrated into a new structure and it's cultural significance being lost, never to be replaced. 

"Getting the future right" should quite clearly include a continuation of the best things in conjunction with the new. 

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

I had to check if that Armadale Twitter account is a parody account, but shockingly it seems real! Absolutely pathetic, even worse than Lochee United's Twitter.

A bit more interesting than lottery results that you get on most sites.

14 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You've missed my point I think, and in quite an odd way.  

I wasn't really talking about history being eradicated Thanos-style because I kind of already know that doesn't happen but about the avoidable decline of a great trophy which could have been integrated into a new structure and it's cultural significance being lost, never to be replaced. 

"Getting the future right" should quite clearly include a continuation of the best things in conjunction with the new. 

The best things transferring over should have been spoken about 5 years ago at the pyramids inception..... Mr Johnston and everyone else didn't wish to take part then.... Which is fine if that was what they felt was best then, but what has happened since then is the LL and eosfl have developed their own cup competition and processes after the opportunity to join was rejected. 

In any other walk if life, you would be unable to return to something 5 years later and try and ask for the same things to be put in place or be part of a deal. This is going to be a major issue as part of any integration, junior fans and clubs think all their good points should automatically be brought over, what they forget is that the Senior leagues may not believe that the sjfa competitions warrant transferring over. 

For the SFA, their mission appears to be clear, get all non league clubs under the one banner..... They won't force this, but won't stand in the way if it happens in time.....at this stage the LL and eosfl (wosfl in time) are part of the Senior pyramid and are the current contributors to the spfl.

I would say though that at this stage the Senior Scottish is the biggest cup competition in this country, 

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

The best things transferring over should have been spoken about 5 years ago at the pyramids inception..... Mr Johnston and everyone else didn't wish to take part then.... Which is fine if that was what they felt was best then, but what has happened since then is the LL and eosfl have developed their own cup competition and processes after the opportunity to join was rejected. 

In any other walk if life, you would be unable to return to something 5 years later and try and ask for the same things to be put in place or be part of a deal. This is going to be a major issue as part of any integration, junior fans and clubs think all their good points should automatically be brought over, what they forget is that the Senior leagues may not believe that the sjfa competitions warrant transferring over. 

For the SFA, their mission appears to be clear, get all non league clubs under the one banner..... They won't force this, but won't stand in the way if it happens in time.....at this stage the LL and eosfl (wosfl in time) are part of the Senior pyramid and are the current contributors to the spfl.

I would say though that at this stage the Senior Scottish is the biggest cup competition in this country, 

I completely agree, a monumental arse has been made of it  particularly on the Junior side and the whole thing has been overtaken by politics now.  The Junior wounds are largely self inflicted and they've badly overplayed their hand in the west. 

Just to clarify I don't see the Junior cup as "big" but I do see it as holding massive social, historical, and all sorts of other importance that, purely by dint of being a more modest animal, can in many instances satisfy those hard to reach places the Senior Cup can't!  It simply won't be bettered if it's left to wither on the vine so it should be front and centre of all serious integration attempts.  

I just don't think there is an appetite for the junior cup to transfer over from the Senior leagues, there are already cups that the eosfl fulfil, and a national cup already exists for the Senior ranks. I never felt the same as you do about the junior cup in my 12 odd years of playing junior but I do get the depth of feeling towards it in the junior game, as I said though I don't suspect there will be any appetite for it with senior clubs.... Particularly the way this whole situation has unfolded... 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Yaay latest tweet from Armadale 

"News from hq .looks like we will be playing in junior conferences next season .this will allow clubs to be more proactive in football .super conference .south junior conference and north junior conference . The future looks superb now ..cmon the junior conference east empire" :lol::lol:

We've lost 24 teams to EOS league, lets fix this by changing league names.

Itz a joke ya plum ...

Just now, G4Mac said:

I just don't think there is an appetite for the junior cup to transfer over from the Senior leagues, there are already cups that the eosfl fulfil, and a national cup already exists for the Senior ranks. I never felt the same as you do about the junior cup in my 12 odd years of playing junior but I do get the depth of feeling towards it in the junior game, as I said though I don't suspect there will be any appetite for it with senior clubs.... Particularly the way this whole situation has unfolded... 

Fair enough, it's just something that to me and probably a number of folk on the Junior side of the fence would represent a nice token of continuity.  Not a Junior Cup as such but a National non-league trophy.  Anyway that horse has well and truly bolted. 

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Fair enough, it's just something that to me and probably a number of folk on the Junior side of the fence would represent a nice token of continuity.  Not a Junior Cup as such but a National non-league trophy.  Anyway that horse has well and truly bolted. 

I don't think it's too late, but it would require magnanimity on both sides. At the moment, it looks a bit bleak in that respect.

I'm excited by the prospect of a genuine pyramid developing, but it would sad if things like the junior cup can't be brought into it.

The South Regional Challenge Cup and the Junior Cup could be rebranded - with this card of games aready on the table, only change would need to be in Highland who don't have many knockouts played at the weekend (League Cup only). As the number of clubs in addition to this year's Junior membership doesn't go above 256, the structure of the Junior Cup, perhaps with some R1 regionalisation and the binning of replays, could be used.

To be fair his club have been promised they’ll get Tier 6 entry as a Junior club, SuperDooper League in 2019, licensing will be suspended for defectors and then advised not to go EoS as applications were going to be refused by EoS and/or SFA and anyone who applied would then be banned from re-entering the juniors and/or sued by SJFA for not giving sufficient notice. 
Now it turns out none of that was true and the expected reward for promotion of games against Lithgae and Bo’ness is replaced by 6 trips over the Tay Bridge I think you’re entitled to be pissed off with the story you’ve been told. 

To be fair anyone stupid enough to believe the guff spouted by the junior high heid yins deserve all they get, things have moved on.....

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The South Regional Challenge Cup and the Junior Cup could be rebranded - with this card of games aready on the table, only change would need to be in Highland who don't have many knockouts played at the weekend (League Cup only). As the number of clubs in addition to this year's Junior membership doesn't go above 256, the structure of the Junior Cup, perhaps with some R1 regionalisation and the binning of replays, could be used.

Also let's not forget the North Caledonian League clubs. I'd support regionalisation of early rounds though to prevent trips being too long, with the exception of sending Auchinleck Talbot to Orkney obviously.

11 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

To be fair anyone stupid enough to believe the guff spouted by the junior high heid yins deserve all they get, things have moved on.....

Maybe, but let's not lose sight of the fact that this is ultimately all about teams playing football and the current Fauldhouse team, their management and the fans that pay to watch them regularly are getting a very raw deal out of all of this if they don't wind up in the EoS playing at least some of the east superleague teams based closest to them that they earned a right to play against and this isn't just all about squabbling blazers and committee men that were daft enough to believe the junior high heid yins. The moves made by Newtongrange, Dundonald, Broxburn, Bo'ness and Lithgae came very late in the day, so another narrow window of opportunity for other clubs to respond to this drastic change in circumstances would not be unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe, but let's not lose sight of the fact that this is ultimately all about teams playing football and the current Fauldhouse team, their management and the fans that pay to watch them regularly are getting a very raw deal out of all of this if they don't wind up in the EoS playing at least some of the east superleague teams based closest to them that they earned a right to play against and this isn't just all about squabbling blazers and committee men that were daft enough to believe the junior high heid yins. The moves made by Newtongrange, Dundonald, Broxburn, Bo'ness and Lithgae came very late in the day, so another narrow window of opportunity for other clubs to respond to this drastic change in circumstances would not be unreasonable.

And Faldhouse knew nothing of these moves? Are they ex directory?