Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

27 minutes ago, Marten said:

Are you sure? I've heard the rumour that Truro City have applied. ;)

.........and Banks O'Dee (north east), and Golspie (north east highlands). Not sure about Orkney FC though, as probably more far north than (far) east  !!!!

I don't anticipate any official EoSL announcement about how many/which late applicants have applied before the expiry of tonight's deadline. No doubt there will be some leaks and more rumours, to digest up until the AGM on 7th June.

Spartans!!!  
Indeed. Huge community outreach programme to a largely depressed and impoverished area of North Edinbugh, and the number of kids going along (Many of which are also in their successful youth teams) shows they are doing something right. They also have an amateur squad and a womens section. I don't see Cumnock doing as much of that although they might get involved more in the new school super campus I suppose.
Khufu2, what does a community club mean to you? The reason I ask is that what I think a community club is may be vastly different to what you think it is.... 
The SFA, Sports Scotland and other bodies integral to football in this country have though, their official take on what a community club is, and this definition is what guides my view on a community club (in footballing terms), off the park, community engagement comes in many forms and as far as I can see lots of clubs at every level of the game actively attempt to engage their local community in their area. 
This sums things up nicely I think.
......"uniqueness is the nature of the clubs....."
I don't disagree with your view about some junior clubs and communities being unique. What I would say though is that 'senior' EoSL football at places like Coldstream, Peebles, Eyemouth, Hawick (next season), plus Lowland League clubs like Vale of Leithen, Gala Fairydean Rovers,  Selkirk, Dalbeattie, etc are equally unique, and visits to their border and southern grounds are a very enjoyable experience. They undoubtedly represent their communities.
As does this. Maybe there's an argument that the likes of Gala play second fiddle to the rugby team but even so, they are community clubs and are as much a part if the fabric of local life as most junior sides are.

25 ERJFA applicants + 12 EOS + 1LL + 1WRJFA + 1 Youth = 40   The magic 40!!! Who is the additional club that we have not identified?  

don't think Kevin at Tayport does know the exact number. Think I have been keeping him up to date [emoji3] [emoji6]  His last comment to me 're numbers was he had lost count. 

8 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

I suppose the 2 teams in the Scilly Islands League may be interested if Truro are going it. Mind you they might miss their big local derbies and guaranteed entry to the cup final every year.

Unlikely as they would lose their traditional participation in the Scilly Atlantic Cup Final,  played on 1st April each year.  Big noisy crowd though, enhanced by razorbills and puffins.  Wonderful community, and a superb place for an away match.

22 minutes ago, stanley said:

Is that now every Superleague side South of the Tay confirmed as applying other than Sauchie and Kennoway?  Sauchie rumoured to have applied too.  I thought Kennoway might have gone for it too as they don't have a long history in the juniors.

I see Kennoway have floodlights and what looks like a tidy ground, perhaps they want another chance in the "Super"league having only been promoted last year. Or maybe the pyramid news hasn't reached that part of Fife yet?

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Even better is when you look at the survey results to see both of their clubs - Arthurlie and Kilbirnie - said yes to the pyramid!

I am unaware of any Arthurlie tweet, I'd be obliged if you could give a link. Thx.

FK Dinamo Stalinabad rumoured to have applied from the Uzbek league.

The EoS is sympathetic owing to the desire to branch out into new markets for the Scottish non league product going forward, and Uzbekistan certainly is East enough to fall within their sphere of influence.

Stalinabad rumoured to be tempted by the prospect of an SFA grant to upgrade their devil's lluminations and their crumbling 1950s bowl of a stadium built by GULAG labour, as well as the chance to test themselves at Easthouses Lily, and the prospect of a new kit deal with Pendle Sports.

Some of the more conservative committees in Central Fife and West Lothian rumoured to be not happy at the prospect of an 8,500 mile round trip and looking for assurances that expenses will be covered, as well as written confirmation that Stalinabad has a decent chipper and social club, and Sky TV.

John Gemmell and Darren Lavery look to be signing for the ambitious Dinamo over the summer, with the Uzbeks narrowly losing out to Albion Rovers for John Brogan's services in the dugout.

Just now, Monalie said:

I am unaware of any Arthurlie tweet, I'd be obliged if you could give a link. Thx.

I was referring to the twitter responses to the Linlithgow news, which included the Kilbirnie secretary and someone below who is presumably an Arthurlie fan going by his location and profile picture. As I said, both clubs responded with a yes in the pyramid survey back in March.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Given the openness and ambition of the EoS so far, as seen in accepting an unlimited number of new members to form parallel divisions even after their own season has finished, I suspect they'll accept anybody south of Aberdeen, north of Newcastle and east of Canada.

The sacrifice they were willing to make in setting up the LL in the interests of the pyramid suggests they'll not knock anyone back without a bloody good reason.

Well that's a huge relief.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Are you sure? I've heard the rumour that Truro City have applied. ;)

The EoS have had a member club from south of Newcastle as recently as 2003-04 season. Castle Douglas is located a good two miles south of Newcastle City Centre, being about as far south as Gateshead. 

21 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I was referring to the twitter responses to the Linlithgow news, which included the Kilbirnie secretary and someone below who is presumably an Arthurlie fan going by his location and profile picture. As I said, both clubs responded with a yes in the pyramid survey back in March.

I love the west arrogance of we will regret it why will we? At worst be the same as playing most of the same teams

19 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

The EoS have had a member club from south of Newcastle as recently as 2003-04 season. Castle Douglas is located a good two miles south of Newcastle City Centre, being about as far south as Gateshead. 

Pedants everywhere... :P

I think most people would say Castle Douglas is west of Newcastle rather than north, but ok.

Back when the Lowland League was formed, the SJFA were perfectly placed to absorb all football beneath it into their own organisation, with refinements here and there. The SoS could have become part of the West Region, the shrinking EoS part of the East Region. Instead, inaction has led to the demise of the grade in one significant part of the country, and once the rot sets in...

Edited by cmontheloknow