Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, drs said:

The silence from Sauchie is mystifying unless they have put an application in under the radar.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Linlithgow forum suggests Sauchie have applied.

It would be remiss of any centrally based Superleague side not to move now.  The league as we know it now has gone.

Looks like there will be 39 teams left in the East Region  after Broxburn, Dundonald and the wee rose leave.

A 14 team top league with a 13 team North and 12 team South division by the look of things for those remaining.

Expect st Andrews to change their minds.

Management want eos

In all of this I’m a bit unsure why the current Eos clubs have stayed silent. Twitter seems to be the best way of sharing their clubs thoughts, but not a peep out of any of them. A bit fucking late now, but I wonder how many actually want this

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

In all of this I’m a bit unsure why the current Eos clubs have stayed silent. Twitter seems to be the best way of sharing their clubs thoughts, but not a peep out of any of them. A bit fucking late now, but I wonder how many actually want this

Lambs to the slaughter. It's not a few clubs joining in or a merger, its a takeover and soon they will be punted out and cast aside

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Well you certainly wonder where the current bottom half of the EoS is going to be  in 3 years time after the wallopings they're going to get.

14 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Well you certainly wonder where the current bottom half of the EoS is going to be  in 3 years time after the wallopings they're going to get.

Happy to be in a District level league in the same way most of them were happy being in the EoS2 until the introduction of the Lowland League. They don't have these delusions of grandeur like you to think.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

LTHV welcomed Newtongrange:

Burntisland's secretary said last month (not on twitter) it was good news for the club as the "standard and profile of the EoSL goes from strength to strength."

Positives are that eventually they will have teams closer to their level, and there would be less travelling if there is a north/south split at tier 7. I know what you mean though - the 11 EoS clubs could've moved over to the Juniors if they wanted those things last season. However they must surely have known it could happen as a proper pyramid entails all clubs being together.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

There have been a few league meetings held recently and the agm is next week, if the current clubs aren't going public then i damn well hope they are making their voice held at these meetings.

You’d hope so

2 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Lambs to the slaughter. It's not a few clubs joining in or a merger, its a takeover and soon they will be punted out and cast aside

Don’t think many would have thought it would end up being as big (imo) as this. Just seems a lack of excitement and interest about it all. LTHV if any club I would imagine could be severely pissed off, apparently done enough for their license and all you lot show up :lol:

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

I’d like to argue with you on this, but I’d say you’re probably right. This is why I’m a bit against the parallel tier 6 leagues for next season. I can see the logic, but I can also foresee quite a few pummellings coming, as kelty showed this season 

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’d like to argue with you on this, but I’d say you’re probably right. This is why I’m a bit against the parallel tier 6 leagues for next season. I can see the logic, but I can also foresee quite a few pummellings coming, as kelty showed this season 

Best way to think of it as just a single season and then everything will settle down. There's not really much more disruption that will impact the traditional EoS clubs. You won't have to worry about late stragglers from Fife or the inclusion of Tayside clubs due to a HL/LL boundary change.

31 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Well, presumably at least half of them are in favour, otherwise those applications couldn't have been accepted.