Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The only requirement for membership of the SLFL is that the club is a full, licensed member of the SFA by the end of the season. The only territorial requirement in the rules relates to the north-south line for clubs being relegated from the SPFL. If Tweedmouth (or any other EoS or SoS club) won the promotion play-off, the SLFL would have to take them.

Also, if a team gets promoted from the SLFL but no team relegated to them then the vacancy is filled by application - the 16th club is entitled to apply, but only on an equal basis with other applicants.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-8.pdf 

Yes. Perfectly on the spot.

It's time for the East Region Juniors which are north of the Tay Bridge to force this issue so that they know where they stand for the future, and can make plans.

If they choose to move to the EoS then they can then bring about change from the inside of Senior League football - with the strength of the EoS behind them on the Pyramid Working Group. Use it! Waiting around won't help as the SJFA/ERSJFA haven't lifted a finger to deal with the issue in the past - so why should they bother now?

Don't forget that the PWG plan was, originally, to see one combined league in the east. Now it's time has come. Be brave and force the issue.

Apply before the deadline. In the unlikely event of rejection that would really put you in an even stronger position to create a stink.

It's about making things happen, not wishing and hoping that there is any-one else out there is sufficiently bothered to lift a finger to help.

Best of luck.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I risk getting banned from all grounds haha but believe influences are strong from the hierarchy in the Tayside area.

The evidence of no one breaking ranks supports this.

Only dissent I have spotted is from Arbroath vics Twitter who are not happy.

I would have thought a team like Dundee north end who had a fantastic season for no reward may have been a little more vocal as an example.

What are the Tayside clubs supposed to do though? East teams south of the Tay have to look after themselves but north of the Tay there is nowhere to go.  It really needs a club in Tayside to call the bluff of the HL and SFA and ask for entry.   

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

What are the Tayside clubs supposed to do though? East teams south of the Tay have to look after themselves but north of the Tay there is nowhere to go.  It really needs a club in Tayside to call the bluff of the HL and SFA and ask for entry.   

Where did montrose roselea go to a couple of seasons ago

You misunderstand. The Tayside teams all appear to think there are roses in the garden.They don't need to do anything as life will be great as per the hierarchy. The crunch will be if the boat leaves port and they find they have been left ashore. 

No evidence yet for that.

I don't want to provoke any friend or foe.

In my own opinion I think the Tayside teams are a little ambivilent to the eos. Much like the west teams.

Kind of a what the feck is that all about.

My straw poll/chats with a number of spectators at tayport on saturday backed that up. All they were aware of was kelty continually pumping the local village brownies. Knowledge is scarce.

Tayside teams certainly have no interest in the north juniors.

Very dangerous ground potentially.

On the whole TJ thing...

I don't know the guy from Adam. But I know that if my job was in danger of being abolished, I'd try pretty hard to prevent that from happening, as I'm sure anyone would. I don't think it's fair to blame him for doing what every single one of us would do in the same circumstances. We just need to be aware that what's best for the club we support, or for non-league football in Scotland, might not be the best for TJ, in the same way that what's best for Scotland's health might not be the best for the guy that runs a sweet shop.

56 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

You said that...but it still doesn't mean that a little acknowledgement for the privilege  the football club has for the convenience afforded them by the Social club .

You are voluble on most topics alluding to the club and your pursuit of my identity but silent on the point about the local Army Cadets selling poppies for Armistice day a couple of years ago.....and by the way the phrase Brit Army was used by one of your officials that day to them..its not mine.I have more respect for our Armed Forces than that Official showed that day..

Your silence has made my day on these topics  now to enjoy my holiday and sign off from this thread..and leave it to the people who are trying to make positive contributions to the future of the game and not try and score personal points with someone who has made his mind up for next season ...its still a reasonable democracy we live in..and we still are allowed personal choices......again enjoy your new adventure next season and good luck to all at New Dundas Park..players and management team along with the Board and hard working Committee members...hope it all works out for you.

17 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Where did montrose roselea go to a couple of seasons ago

Started in the First Division West and made it up to the Superleague. I guess they had more room for an extra team in the West.

10 minutes ago, Jason King said:

And they had to start at the bottom - would Lochee want to go from finishing 5th or so in the East Superleague to being in the bottom tier of the North juniors.

Absolutely not. That's why the boundary issue needs a full consultation and review............. next year.    I doubt whether many, if any (excluding Jeanfield) have given joining the EoSL any serious consideration. Supposing Lochee put in a late EoSL application on Wednesday or Thursday - what would the immediate reaction from other Tayside clubs/implications for the pyramid,  if they were accepted ?  

Perhaps licensed Banks O'Dee should submit a late application to join the EoSL (at tier 6), having been rejected by the Highland League in 2009, and not having access to a Highland pyramid feeder league ?            Just joking !!!! 

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

On the whole TJ thing...

I don't know the guy from Adam. But I know that if my job was in danger of being abolished, I'd try pretty hard to prevent that from happening, as I'm sure anyone would. I don't think it's fair to blame him for doing what every single one of us would do in the same circumstances. We just need to be aware that what's best for the club we support, or for non-league football in Scotland, might not be the best for TJ, in the same way that what's best for Scotland's health might not be the best for the guy that runs a sweet shop.

It's entirely fair to blame him, and it's extraordinaly cynical to say everyone would do the same. He is paid to represent the interests of his members: if he can't do that, for personal reasons, he should resign.

However, he may not be solely to blame: presumably he is answerable to the management committee. Who knows what instructions he may have been given.  Football administrators, from FIFA down, are known for stupidity and/or corruption.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Started in the First Division West and made it up to the Superleague. I guess they had more room for an extra team in the West.

Montrose moved.know its a bit windy up that way.but no bad enough to move it from north to west.

Edited by lithgierose

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If I remember right, I think it was because Montrose was actually more Western than those clubs in the First Division East and it might of been down to the letter of the law at the time. It was also a simpler solution than forcing one of the aberdeen clubs into the West to give balance to  the leagues.

36 minutes ago, Jason King said:

And they had to start at the bottom - would Lochee want to go from finishing 5th or so in the East Superleague to being in the bottom tier of the North juniors.

Same argument with top 6 in east and 10 in west suggestion.why would the clubs below 10 in the west vote to allow nomads into their set up.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Were Montrose Roselea not at tier 7 in the East Juniors anyway? If the Tayside teams end up isolated I don't see it being so bad having their own 1st Division South as part of the North set up, offering a couple of teams the chance of promotion to the Superleague each year and hopefully soon to the HL and beyond.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

On the St. Andrews front still very much up in the air by the looks of things. Another meeting for the 30th, having just had one on Friday.

A comment on their facebook post saying the management couldn't make the original meeting. Also says it's obvious they want to go to the EoS but asks "will they soon get fed up travelling every alternate week down to Dunbar and the Borders? " - forgetting of course that they played against Dunbar (and other EL clubs) this season and the five Borders teams surely won't all be in their division if they moved.