Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Bill,

Has your old pal/ cohort finally finished the car park? Hes finally done a good job. Shame you wont get to use it if I were to drive I would have parked in your space but I dont. Brit Army uniform not welcomed at NDP? Care to explain...?

Don't think the previous regime..who took down the old boundary wall to make the current football clubs car park finished it as you well know...all part of the  near demise of the club because of mismanagement of taxpayers funds in that era......Not a friend of mine by any stretch of your imagination...and never has been...but some courted him at the club in his time...that's all they had...Maybe the current Board will right that wrong and complete the job with a layer of asphalt from the funding going to be available for ground improvements from the new league set up...….Brit army not welcome..ask your friends who wear the Nationalist Tricolour as a badge of honour at every opportunity...and didn't allow the local army cadets to sell Remembrance day poppies at the ground two years ago...despite the club losing players and Committee in two world wars....enough said.

You conveniently forgot to acknowledge the courtesy afforded you on match days by the Social club. to use their car park free of charge...is that too hard?

20 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Don't think the previous regime..who took down the old boundary wall to make the current football clubs car park finished it as you well know...all part of the  near demise of the club because of mismanagement of taxpayers funds in that era......Not a friend of mine by any stretch of your imagination...and never has been...but some courted him at the club in his time...that's all they had...Maybe the current Board will right that wrong and complete the job with a layer of asphalt from the funding going to be available for ground improvements from the new league set up...….Brit army not welcome..ask your friends who wear the Nationalist Tricolour as a badge of honour at every opportunity...and didn't allow the local army cadets to sell Remembrance day poppies at the ground two years ago...despite the club losing players and Committee in two world wars....enough said.

You conveniently forgot to acknowledge the courtesy afforded you on match days by the Social club. to use their car park free of charge...is that too hard?

I dont drive as I said

12 minutes ago, Cyril said:

My mistake, 31 officially accepted for now with several meetings planned over the next few days before the deadline. 

Anything over 36 gives them a problem.

I don't see the problem? They can just go to 3 groups.

12 minutes ago, Cyril said:

My mistake, 31 officially accepted for now with several meetings planned over the next few days before the deadline. 

Anything over 36 gives them a problem.

Teams will have applied before meetings have even been held id imagine

4 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

I dont drive as I said

You said that...but it still doesn't mean that a little acknowledgement for the privilege  the football club has for the convenience afforded them by the Social club .

You are voluble on most topics alluding to the club and your pursuit of my identity but silent on the point about the local Army Cadets selling poppies for Armistice day a couple of years ago.....and by the way the phrase Brit Army was used by one of your officials that day to them..its not mine.I have more respect for our Armed Forces than that Official showed that day..

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I noticed an Armadale Thistle reply to Scotish Junior Fitba that said

" Why did the recent clubs not say they wanted AWAY at recent meeting ? What is on offer ? Where do we go from this .clearly the sjfa leadership don't know the answers so need to move over ."

:unsure2:

I noticed an Armadale Thistle reply to Scotish Junior Fitba that said
" Why did the recent clubs not say they wanted AWAY at recent meeting ? What is on offer ? Where do we go from this .clearly the sjfa leadership don't know the answers so need to move over ."

That Armadale guy is literally the only person I think would do a worse job than TJ.

This week's going to be a shit show and once either Linlithgow/Bo'ness/Broxburn make an announcement the others are likely to follow suit.

Talk of some clubs looking West which won't do much good for 2018-19 as the West Region are now at the tail end of a season spent deciding how to get to 4x16 Region wide leagues. With games including playoffs still to be played. While a vacancy opens up at the bottom of that with Dunipace's move, I've seen it mentioned that Stonehouse Violet are intending to return.

Then choice then seems to be 2018-19 East Region Superleague with either the prospect of a 2019-20 SJFA Lowland Superleague (further gutting the East Region membership) or entering a settled EoSFL at a lower tier, and of course the status quo of the East Region.

or

2018-19 EoSFL and having a say in how things will look 2019-20 and beyond.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What's really inappropriate is the SFA leaving clubs in Tayside in limbo where club licensing and progression is concerned, because they know full well that the Highland League have no intention of agreeing to promotion and relegation any time soon and are likely to view the possible future inclusion of ambitious Tayside clubs as being as welcome as a piranha in a jacuzzi. If any club that is based only a few miles north of Jeanfield Swift felt so inclined where's the harm in testing out if there is any flexibility on this? The EoS already has Tweedmouth on board that are a few miles over another line is jurisdictional terms.

I am not advocating that the 'permanent' arrangement for clubs in this area, should mean that the Tayside/Perthshire clubs will be in either the Highland  nor the Lowland regions. If they were admitted to the EoSL (now), it would be contrary to the  SFA/SPFL's existing arrangement. This would place the EoSL in a very difficult position, and wide open to criticism from the SJFA.

What I am clear about though, is that the situation needs to be resolved by the SFA/PWG in conjunction with the SPFL, Highland & Lowland Leagues, etc, after a detailed consultation exercise and review over the next 9 months or so. Encouraging Tayside clubs to submit applications to the EoSL, at this late juncture (AGM's already underway) is only going to add further instability to the clubs concerned, and to the EoSL and East Region Juniors, as we about to enter June.

Tweedmouth is entirely different, and not relevant to the Tweedmouth situation.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

:unsure2:

It's like what happened in East and Midlothian. Once a few of the biggest clubs go the rest that were opposed or in some cases had no strong opinion either way will likely follow. If not this year given the tight timeline, then certainly in 12 months time.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's like what happened in East and Midlothian. Once a few of the biggest clubs go the rest that were opposed or in some cases had no strong opinion either way will likely follow. If not this year given the tight timeline, then certainly in 12 months time.

No problem with next year. It is just about timing, and a proper review......hopefully leading to a permanent/clear outcome.  

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I wonder with Tweedmouth, if they were to win promotion to the LL (unlikely, I know!), do they have to accept them seeing as it's a club outside of Scotland? Or could the EOS/SOS in theory accept any club from Northumberland/Cumbria and they have to be given the chance to move up the leagues in Scotland?

I know there is a precedent in Berwick Rangers being in the Scottish Leagues, but they have been playing in Scotland from the early days, so that might be an exception to any rules if they exist?

The only requirement for membership of the SLFL is that the club is a full, licensed member of the SFA by the end of the season. The only territorial requirement in the rules relates to the north-south line for clubs being relegated from the SPFL. If Tweedmouth (or any other EoS or SoS club) won the promotion play-off, the SLFL would have to take them.

Also, if a team gets promoted from the SLFL but no team relegated to them then the vacancy is filled by application - the 16th club is entitled to apply, but only on an equal basis with other applicants.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-8.pdf 

19 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I am not advocating that the 'permanent' arrangement for clubs in this area, should mean that the Tayside/Perthshire clubs will be in either the Highland  nor the Lowland regions. If they were admitted to the EoSL (now), it would be contrary to the  SFA/SPFL's existing arrangement. This would place the EoSL in a very difficult position, and wide open to criticism from the SJFA.

Criticism from the HL and LL perhaps, but absolutely NOTHING to do with the SJFA.

7 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You need to have floodlights with a minimum of 300 lux to get promoted to the SPFL.

That installation could make a big hole in any clubs finances unless this is also a grant aided item..but even so..a big expenditure for the moving clubs.

3 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

That installation could make a big hole in any clubs finances unless this is also a grant aided item..but even so..a big expenditure for the moving clubs.

It's only for clubs getting into League 2 though - of course they need to have floodlights, any club would know and expect that.

33 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Could always let them know they can apply this year 2018-19, If they aren't licenced by the end of the season they wouldn't be eligible for promotion anyway. Gives them a year to have the boundary sorted from within the SFA Pyramid rather than waiting on the outside.

And they can go into 2018-19 with knowing that if the boundary can't be resolved, then the EoSFL can provide them with the same assistance offered to the West in setting up a NoSFL.

EDIT: I'd say accepting a club from England in the pyramid era would be more concerning for the SFA & Co. than accepting applications from clubs from Tayside.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

It's only for clubs getting into League 2 though - of course they need to have floodlights, any club would know and expect that.

That clears that point Gordon S  ..the majority of the clubs entering the Pyramid wont reach that level..yours being an exception I would think in the long run.