Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The SFA can change regulations as it sees fit. If it wants to create a sensible pyramid with two leagues at Step 5 in the central belt it can give a period of grace to teams commited to the pyramid.

Or perhaps the west juniors could follow the lead of LL clubs.

Auchinleck could register Rugby Park as their home ground. Pollok could register Links Park.  The only problem is, unlike LL clubs who play miles from home, the West junior clubs actually have supporters. It must  be so much easier to get licensed when you have no support and no ground to call home.

No, Level 5 feeds directly into the SPFL. They certainly have a say - they will not want their member clubs potentially being relegated to a league full of unlicenced clubs. As has been said before - the time to discuss a three region Level 5 is once there are enough licenced clubs to form it. The grace period was five years ago. Level 6 is the entry point now for unlicensed clubs.

There is nothing stopping any West clubs finding a groundshare, should they wish. A licence isn't all about the ground though. 

I'd be interested to know how many West clubs actually own their grounds as opposed to renting them from the local council. To me, there is no difference between renting a council ground and renting a ground from another club. If it suits the clubs and they have secure leases, why not? Yes, there is a balance between the clubs' historic location and how far away is reasonable - and I agree some clubs have pushed this quite far...

54 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Dundonald would make it 33. If Penicuik, St. Andrews & Arniston are true. They've still to make official statements from what i've seen.

Less than an hour ago 

0AB8804D-9D6D-42D0-A334-F7B035EDAA88.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

What happened to Bo’ness and Linlithgow?

Latest from the threads on the two clubs in question is stuff like this:

1 minute ago, Jambo'ness said:

Anyway, looks like things could be all set to change for a number of clubs who realise they are running the risk of being left behind.  Even the wee rose look like moving from what I heard at todays game and Nitten too are going.  If the wee rose decide to go, so will we.

It's safe to say the East Super league is dead and now Tayside clubs are left in a kind of wilderness not knowing what to do or where to go.

Been a few false dawns on this, so I'll believe it when I see the official announcements.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

No, Level 5 feeds directly into the SPFL. They certainly have a say - they will not want their member clubs potentially being relegated to a league full of unlicenced clubs. As has been said before - the time to discuss a three region Level 5 is once there are enough licenced clubs to form it. The grace period was five years ago. Level 6 is the entry point now for unlicensed clubs.

There is nothing stopping any West clubs finding a groundshare, should they wish. A licence isn't all about the ground though. 

I'd be interested to know how many West clubs actually own their grounds as opposed to renting them from the local council. To me, there is no difference between renting a council ground and renting a ground from another club. If it suits the clubs and they have secure leases, why not? Yes, there is a balance between the clubs' historic location and how far away is reasonable - and I agree some clubs have pushed this quite far...

Nope. Wrong. They wouldn’t be relegated to a league of unlicensed clubs, One year’s grace would be the limit. By the time the first team was relegated they would be licensed. 

It matters a great deal if you rent the ground in the community your club comes from and serves or if you just carpetbag your way around the country in search of a ground that meets regulations and is empty when you play your matches.

30 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

2019-20 would be the obvious starting date.  There is a need now to split the central belt into two tier 5 divisions so once the SFA acknowledges this, it makes sense that the SJFA should administer it, following the tier 5 regulations set by the SFA.

Yes, I did misunderstand your reply as above. I noted that you suggested/want the SJFA to "administer it" (on an ongoing basis), but that isn't the same thing as setting it up  as a new pyramid feeder league.

Setting up a new tier 5 league, is something the SFA & PWG would need to control, in conjunction with the SPFL, who would need to agree it, particularly as you are advocating that its clubs relegated from Division 2 could join it (rather than join the existing Lowland League).

As I said before, even TJ accepts that a West feeder league would need to be at tier 6 (for licensing reasons). I suggest you re-read his March 2018 email sent to clubs, on this subject. The SJFA & West AGMs are going to be very interesting.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

Nope. Wrong. They wouldn’t be relegated to a league of unlicensed clubs, One year’s grace would be the limit. By the time the first team was relegated they would be licensed. 

It matters a great deal if you rent the ground in the community your club comes from and serves or if you just carpetbag your way around the country in search of a ground that meets regulations and is empty when you play your matches.

No, you are wrong. The grace period was five years ago. That ship has sailed.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Yes, I did misunderstand your reply as above. I noted that you suggested/want the SJFA to "administer it" (on an ongoing basis), but that isn't the same thing as setting it up  as a new pyramid feeder league.

Setting up a new tier 5 league, is something the SFA & PWG would need to control, in conjunction with the SPFL, who would need to agree it, particularly as you are advocating that its clubs relegated from Division 2 could join it (rather than join the existing Lowland League).

As I said before, even TJ accepts that a West feeder league would need to be at tier 6 (for licensing reasons). I suggest you re-read his March 2018 email sent to clubs, on this subject. The SJFA & West AGMs are going to be very interesting.

It won’t be a west feeder league. It will be the SJFA superleague. The west leagues would be below it.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Latest from the threads on the two clubs in question is stuff like this:

Been a few false dawns on this, so I'll believe it when I see the official announcements.

Quite right to wait until it's official but it does appear that the remaining clubs in the East superleague south of Perth are coming to their senses and know they cannot sit on their hands.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

The SFA can reintroduce a grace period any time it wishes.

SFA, do you want to introduce a grace period to introduce a SJFA league at Tier 5?

SFA members in the SPFL = "No"

SFA members in the Lowland League = "No"

SFA members in the EoS = "Wit? After all this we've just gone through! get tae!"

SFA members in the SoS = "shrugs"

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

Not without the concent of member clubs and I cannot see those that have already spent time and money on getting their licence voting to allow teams who did not bother get a grace period to go above them.

7 hours ago, gwd440 said:

I thought the Juniors were so powerful that they are entitled to join the Pyramid at Tier 5.  There are half a dozen Super League teams moving over. Are you saying only Bonnyrigg are good enough to move up?

We will find out .but with 1 place up for grabs it's gonna take years to find out .or are you changing to 6 up per season .the lowland league will have to bow to your demands or else .. let's see how things pan out .

Most  of the barriers are from those who fear being overwhelmed by the beasts from the west. It’s in their interests to be as obstructive as possible.
Ha! So Spartans, the Shire, Kelty and all the other teams in the Lowland League are running scared now? The need for licensing at Tier 5 is just to block some Ayrshire teams? The established Lowland/Highland play-off is driven by fear? The rights of the EoSL and SoSL to play off to feed into the Lowland is some kind of artificial barrier? The offer from the East of Scotland League to help set up a West of Scotland equivalent was just some kind of what, empty gesture because they really didn't want these clubs to be anywhere near their own members? The existing framework - which West Juniors were invited to join at the time as well as within a new WoSL - is only there to protect clubs East of Harthill services?

1 minute ago, Jambo'ness said:

Quite right to wait until it's official but it does appear that the remaining clubs in the East superleague south of Perth are coming to their senses and know they cannot sit on their hands.

Only 5 more days of this !  Please.

7 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

You can say this until the cows come home, it ain't going to happen. Dry your eyes, get on board with a WoSFL at Level 6 and get licenced.

Once there is a critical mass of licenced clubs in the Lowland area, then three Level 5 leagues could be considered.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

SFA, do you want to introduce a grace period to introduce a SJFA league at Tier 5?

SFA members in the SPFL = "No"

SFA members in the Lowland League = "No"

SFA members in the EoS = "Wit? After all this we've just gone through! get tae!"

SFA members in the SoS = "shrugs"

Sounds like the next installment of sjfa keep my job play book. Have you boys learned nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
22 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:
Most  of the barriers are from those who fear being overwhelmed by the beasts from the west. It’s in their interests to be as obstructive as possible.

Ha! So Spartans, the Shire, Kelty and all the other teams in the Lowland League are running scared now? The need for licensing at Tier 5 is just to block some Ayrshire teams? The established Lowland/Highland play-off is driven by fear? The rights of the EoSL and SoSL to play off to feed into the Lowland is some kind of artificial barrier? The offer from the East of Scotland League to help set up a West of Scotland equivalent was just some kind of what, empty gesture because they really didn't want these clubs to be anywhere near their own members? The existing framework - which West Juniors were invited to join at the time as well as within a new WoSL - is only there to protect clubs East of Harthill services?

“All the other clubs”

Spartans, Shire, Kelty, EK, Cumbernauld mebee, and that’s it. The rest of the LOL is mediocrity.

The LL was designed for the better EoS clubs. To suggest there was ever a chance of west juniors getting  involved in such a league at its outset shows a disconnect from reality.