Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Presumably to the mooted WoSFL?

At tier 6. I don’t think that will satisy the better clubs. Nor should it. Now is the time to get it right first time rather than copy the shambolic development of the pyramid in the east.

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

2019-20 would be the obvious starting date.  There is a need now to split the central belt into two tier 5 divisions so once the SFA acknowledges this, it makes sense that the SJFA should administer it, following the tier 5 regulations set by the SFA.

The desertion by the east clubs makes it easier for the administration of the second tier 5 league to be handed over to the SJFA since there would no longer be any significant geographic overlap between the Lowland League serving the east and south and the SJFA Superleague serving the west and centre.

There is not a need now to split at level 5. In the future, perhaps. Level 5 needs to be fully licenced now. Id say get in at Level 6, get your licence, then talk. There's not enough licenced teams in the Lowland area yet - the chance to get in at Level 5 was when the Lowland League was set up and a grace period was given. That grace period passed years ago.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To paraphrase Ramsay Bolton, if you think that's how this is going to end, you haven't been paying attention.

No one knows how it will end. It might be as shambolic as in east.

But I know how it should end.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

You'll be equally shocked to learn they may form a new tier 5.

Nothing has been decided yet.

Apart from the Tayside clubs and clubs shifting allegiance to the juniors elsewhere I’d be astonished if, by 2019-20, there are enough clubs in the east to form a viable East junior league.

Original meetings between the SFA, EoS, SoS, HL & SJFA were all about the SJFA creating feeder leagues at Tier 6 below the soon to be created Lowland League. ALL clubs beneath the South of Tay boundary were open to apply to the Lowland League with preference given to those that could complete licencing quickest.

The PWG never wanted the SJFA at Tier 5 in 2013 and they still don't. Nothing's changed in that regard. If TJ is still trying to push that agenda when he's known for years its a non-starter he's negotiating in bad faith and simply trying to stay in his job by avoiding integration.

image.thumb.png.efa6237a0289a884b6eb1f97e24134d9.png

15 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

There is not a need now to split at level 5. In the future, perhaps. Level 5 needs to be fully licenced now. Id say get in at Level 6, get your licence, then talk. There's not enough licenced teams in the Lowland area yet - the chance to get in at Level 5 was when the Lowland League was set up and a grace period was given. That grace period passed years ago.

The SFA can change regulations as it sees fit. If it wants to create a sensible pyramid with two leagues at Step 5 in the central belt it can give a period of grace to teams commited to the pyramid.

Or perhaps the west juniors could follow the lead of LL clubs.

Auchinleck could register Rugby Park as their home ground. Pollok could register Links Park.  The only problem is, unlike LL clubs who play miles from home, the West junior clubs actually have supporters. It must  be so much easier to get licensed when you have no support and no ground to call home.

Edited by Khufu2

Apart from the Tayside clubs and clubs shifting allegiance to the juniors elsewhere I’d be astonished if, by 2019-20, there are enough clubs in the east to form a viable East junior league.

They can try to form a league at Tier 5 all they want but the SPFL wouldn't accept it (so there would be no access to their leagues and presumably the League Cup or Challenge Cup), the existing tier 5 League - the Lowland League - wouldn't accept it since they are the existing feeder to the SPFL play-offs and the SFA wouldn't accept it as the majority of the members of the Pyramid Working Group wouldn't accept it. But hey, if TJ, Talbot and fans of a few Ayrshire teams think that's a goer they should feel free to bash on regardless.

Just now, Khufu2 said:

Auchinleck could register Rugby Park as their home ground. Pollok could register Links Park.  The only problem is, unlike LL clubs who play miles from home, the West junior clubs actually have supporters. It must  be so much easier to get licensed when you have no support and no ground of your own.

Crowd wanking really is the last resort of those who have nothing to say.

Livingston have less fans than Dundee Utd and Partick and Falkirk  but they are a better side on the pitch and will be playing in the top flight next season as its on the pitch that actually matters. A small minority of West clubs may have the fans but as they have singularly failed to engage with the pyramid discussions they can have no complaints at entering at tier 6 and below.

15 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

You didn't answer my question as to who would be the "managing committee" , who would then 'cherry pick' the  teams for the West League's top division ?

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
19 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

They can try to form a league at Tier 5 all they want but the SPFL wouldn't accept it (so there would be no access to their leagues and presumably the League Cup or Challenge Cup), the existing tier 5 League - the Lowland League - wouldn't accept it since they are the existing feeder to the SPFL play-offs and the SFA wouldn't accept it as the majority of the members of the Pyramid Working Group wouldn't accept it. But hey, if TJ, Talbot and fans of a few Ayrshire teams think that's a goer they should feel free to bash on regardless.

But they shouldn’t be criticised for advocating what is clearly commonsense. 

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

You didn't answer my question as to who would be the "managing committee" , who would then 'cherry pick' the  teams for the West League's top division ?

Yes I did. Read it again.

The SJFA would administer the league, observing all tier 5 regulations. If they administer the league they will dothe cherrypicking.

Some committees can evidently still be persuaded. Today I was informed there was a super duper almost promised with 8 east and 8 west teams.

It was like a brainwashing job done had taken place.

I did not ask where the Tayside teams fitted into the plan.

Wish Larry would actually come back on and give us his views of what Tom has promised Lochee, broughty, west end and carnoustie in this structure.

Perhaps they are indeed invited but have no promotion prospect.

On another note St Andrews entering will at last shake up the geographical spread a little. Perhaps see jeanfield or another perth team now.

2 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

If enough clubs from the west joined the Lowland League a separate division for the west would be created.  Sign up guys or be left behind with the dinosaurs!

How does that work? How do they join the Lowland League?

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure the top 8 teams from the west would love to be playing in a Superdooperleague with the east's top 8 teams:

Broxburn
Lochee Utd
Broughty
Sauchie
Carnoustie
Jeanfield
Kennoway
Forfar WE

What happened to Bo’ness and Linlithgow?

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
11 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:
But they shouldn’t be criticised for advocating what is clearly commonsense. 

How is it clearly common sense when there are no many barriers to it happening. Wishful thinking =/= Common sense.

Most  of the barriers are from those who fear being overwhelmed by the beasts from the west. It’s in their interests to be as obstructive as possible.