Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

And so do I but so does the whole of Argyll I think, Isles included.

Cumbernauld is not a rural area, it was built as Glasgow overspill and is in Lanarkshire. If Cumbernauld is East, then Wishaw, Shotts, Lanark etc, all as far east or more eastern, all don't count as West I assume?

I was generously including Cumbernauld in the west and the west still have just 2/16 LL teams. Arguing the LL isn’t an east league is like arguing SPFL2 or EOS aren’t Scottish leagues because they contain English teams.

If it walks like a duck and quack likes a duck....

17 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Everyone is assuming that the league still has space, have they stopped to consider they might need to wait a year and join at tier 7, I can’t see much sympathy for them either tbh 

In a way it would serve them right obviously, but would the deadline have been extended with this message placed on the official EoS website, if all they wanted to do was to move from 30 to 32 clubs?

The Members of the East of Scotland Football League have decided to extend the last date for the submission of membership applications to 31 May 2018.
The application form can be accessed here.

Doubt it somehow.
Edited by LongTimeLurker

Not sure I've worked out how to quote posts yet, so -

Energyzone - you're probably right, name-calling is immature and unhelpful. At the same time, I'm offended by the tidal wave of bullshit I've been reading on here from a small coterie of true believers who flatly refuse to accept incontrovertible facts when they're placed in front of them. and furthermore routinely respond to these with the same outright lies, slurs or insults, again and again. At this point, appeals to reason appear extremely unlikely to work, so I responded in kind. While I (clearly!) think I'm right, I'm not claiming to be polite.

Khufu - three out of sixteen LL members are from west of Harthill, which is widely (though I daresay not universally) held to be the dividing line between the east and west of the central belt. While BSC Glasgow, as the name suggests, are a Glasgow club currently unable to find a suitable ground in their home town. Not unlike Kirky Rob Roy, for example. As time passes, I have no doubt more WoS clubs will join the LL, one way or another.

Edited by Bad Wolf

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In a way it would serve them right obviously, but would the deadline have been extended with this message placed on the official EoS website, if all they wanted to do was to move from 30 to 32 clubs?

The Members of the East of Scotland Football League have decided to extend the last date for the submission of membership applications to 31 May 2018.
The application form can be accessed here.

Doubt it somehow.

Am sure time will 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Energyzone - you're probably right, name-calling is immature and unhelpful. At the same time, I'm offended by the tidal wave of bullshit I've been reading on here from a small coterie of true believers who flatly refuse to accept incontrovertible facts when they're placed in front of them. and furthermore routinely respond to these with the same outright lies, slurs or insults, again and again. At this point, appeals to reason appear extremely unlikely to work, so I responded in kind. While I (clearly!) think I'm right, I'm not claiming to be polite.

Khufu - three out of sixteen LL members are from west of Harthill, which is widely (though I daresay not universally) held to be the dividing line between the east and west of the central belt. While BSC Glasgow, as the name suggests, are a Glasgow club currently unable to find a suitable ground in their home town. Not unlike Kirky Rob Roy, for example. As time passes, I have no doubt more WoS clubs will join the LL, one way or another.

Very unlike KRR. KRR are sharing with a team a few miles away. BSC have moved away to a town many miles from Glasgow - not that it matters, like several LL sides they have no supporters so they might as well play on the moon for the difference it makes.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

On the BSC front they might try to move back to Glasgow depending on the make up of a new WoS league. Clydebank supposedly struggled to get a groundshare with a junior club and move to the EoS this year which was a factor in a deferred application. Maybe once there are more WoS clubs in the sfa set up BSC could find a closer groundshare than Alloa.

2 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

If you create a league with the intention of acquiring tier 5 status you choose the clubs who will make up the division on the basis of their commitment to licensing etc.  

This would not be "level playing field" for the existing 16 west junior clubs who are (were ?) expecting to be playing in the West Super League in 2018/19, as per its agreed restructuring.  Or is this a suggestion for 2019/20 ?

Whichever, your suggestion sounds like a cherry picking exercise, and if so, who would chose the clubs to be  selected ?

1 hour ago, falkirktv said:

Newtongrange Star FC

Following consultation with our Members, Supporters and the Management team, we the committee of Newtongrange Star have come to the conclusion that the future of the Football Club lies within the Scottish Football Association pyramid system and will therefore be applying for membership of the East of Scotland FA for the coming season 2018/2019.
This has been a very difficult decision to make due to our long history within the Scottish Junior Football Association and the ERSJFA. However, we feel the lack of clarity, the lack of information and the lack of urgency when it became apparent that a lot of clubs were considering leaving the Junior Association means that we must end our time in the Juniors. It was our intention to continue in the Juniors as they progress towards the pyramid but recent events and meetings that we have attended resulted in our belief that the SJFA will be unable to deliver the ERSJFA Superleague the tier 6 level in the pyramid as was first proposed. Bringing the suggestion of a East/West combined league to the table at this stage is further evidence that should this happen then this would be at tier 6 not the East Superleague. We wish the SJFA and  ERSJFA all the best for the future.
As for our own future we intend to work towards the SFA Club Licence and have set up a working group to examine what we require to do to gain the Licence. We also intend to work together with Newtongrange Star Youth Development Academy and enter a under 20's team into the East of Scotland under 20's league. The club must move forward and modernise to ensure the future of the club for the next generations of Star Supporters and Players.
We look forward to the new challenges and forging new friendships in the East Of Scotland FA. 

Joe Wilson
President
Newtongrange Star FC

people starting to see through the lies now

Congratulations. I am sure your club will flourish in the EoSL and pyramid.

5 minutes ago, Robert James said:

This would not be "level playing field" for the existing 16 west junior clubs who are (were ?) expecting to be playing in the West Super League in 2018/19, as per its agreed restructuring.  Or is this a suggestion for 2019/20 ?

Whichever, your suggestion sounds like a cherry picking exercise, and if so, who would chose the clubs to be  selected ?

Of course it’s cherrypicking, just as the creation of the LL was cherrypicking (with quite a few rotten cherries getting picked).

The league would be over and above the West Region  leagues. 

The managing committee of the new league would select the clubs ... just as happened with the LL.

Edited by Khufu2

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

The league would be over and above the West Region  leagues.

So top of the West Region pyramid of leagues.

Which isn't a part of the SFA Pyramid.

Which would put it at the next available spot in the SFA pyramid if there was integration.

Which would be Tier 6/7.

Glad we agree :thumsup2

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

I am reliably informed that st andrews have agreed to apply to the eos

Dundonald about to reverse ferret on their years deferment according to the Courier. 

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So top of the West Region pyramid of leagues.

Which isn't a part of the SFA Pyramid.

Which would put it at the next available spot in the SFA pyramid if there was integration.

Which would be Tier 6/7.

Glad we agree :thumsup2

Which bit of ‘over and above the West Region’ didn’t you understand?