Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, BENJI BOY said:

See you haven't lost any of your Hospitality Suite sarcasm.....but that's your level and you and a few others wear it as a badge of honour at New Dundas....so you and your cohorts are still gloating on the end of real Community football for the new Promised Land of Pots of Gold......You and others have made their choice and that is really the end of the matter...some clubs have decided not to follow your lead because that is their choice and.I say again their decision should be respected.....but that is a word alien to your vocabulary as was the disrespect shown to the Linlithgow Officials and Committee in your previous post.....If junior football is played in the Lothians next season then I will certainly be supporting these clubs....but until the last junior game is played at New Dundas I will still be willing the team on at each game......But as I have said before my few pence wont be missed from the clubs coffers next season...that I am sure we agree on at least.

a bit ridiculous to nog at support your team because they are playing in a different league. Looks like others are going to follow soon bo'ness others with late applications what would be the point in staying junior now?

3 minutes ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Bill, you lost the vote get over it. you are an old dinosaur stuck in the past with previous regimes the time has come to move forward...its a bright future under a well run committee with the clubs future at heart not previous committees with car park scandals.  

Not my lead - I just listened to the evidence and made an informed decision which the majority of season ticket holders/ sponsors voted for. You talk about respecting decisions and I agree but i dont think Linlithgow had a vote? and you appear to be unwilling to accept the Bonnyrigg vote. 

All pennies to all clubs are greatly missed whether EOS or Juniors so even on that we disagree :) 

So you are alive and well....I have accepted that the club has made its decision to move on to Senior football...that's it..good luck....my choice is to watch and support Community junior football as long as it lasts...my choice please respect that at least...if that makes me a dinosaur in some peoples eyes ...so be it...but we still have the right to make up our own minds...please also accept that....You have never..ever heard me or put on paper any criticism of the current Bonnyrigg Rose Officials or Committee for their sterling work in rescuing the club from oblivion in 2008.......The community and plenty individual supporters also contributed....handsomely.. to that rescue some may be  dinasuars or otherwise....I am not really interested in the internal politics of other clubs ..that is for their bona fide supporters to sort out..so why single Linlithgow out again.?......

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

The Bught is meant to be an open space for the public despite the shinty pitch being enclosed and everyone knew that Lister Park was temporary. The club spent a lot of time looking at other options in and around Inverness back when they moved from North Kessock and shared the NMP and from then on, there really isn't playing surfaces or spaces in Inverness that would be suitable for level of football, consider the cost.  The space which was Lister Park will just revert back to being another open football pitch for the Amateurs to play in the summer.

It would be shame to lose a level in football in Inverness that bridges the gap between semi pro and the amateur summer football.

You'd have thought they could have shared the brand spanking new 4g pitch the Rugby Club were given while they built the bypass.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

All expenses should be documented and above board, but given the fact that HMRC cannot find the resource to investigate breaches on minimum wage as staffing levels are cut to the bone, I rather suspect expenses fiddling in non-league football is way down their list of priorities when it comes to tax avoidance.

I can categorically assure you it's not!!

So you are alive and well....I have accepted that the club has made its decision to move on to Senior football...that's it..good luck....my choice is to watch and support Community junior football as long as it lasts...my choice please respect that at least...if that makes me a dinosaur in some peoples eyes ...so be it...but we still have the right to make up our own minds...please also accept that....You have never..ever heard me or put on paper any criticism of the current Bonnyrigg Rose Officials or Committee for their sterling work in rescuing the club from oblivion in 2008.......The community and plenty individual supporters also contributed....handsomely.. to that rescue some may be  dinasuars or otherwise....I am not really interested in the internal politics of other clubs ..that is for their bona fide supporters to sort out..so why single Linlithgow out again.?......

Benji, what's the difference between Community Junior football and Community football in the EoS?

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Wasn't the 4g pitch and the facilities only finished back in December?

I thought Highland had been playing there the whole season. Phase one of the bypass was finished around December I think. They're keen to share the facilities, I know their Physio. Don't see why City couldn't play there given a bit of flexibility over fixture timing.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Is he called Isabel Gouda?

Well, the city of Gouda does happen to be in the part of the country where most of the stubborn anti-pyramid clubs are from.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Benji, what's the difference between Community Junior football and Community football in the EoS?

There is no difference except for a label, it's as simple as that.

19 minutes ago, Marten said:

Well, the city of Gouda does happen to be in the part of the country where most of the stubborn anti-pyramid clubs are from.

Take it that's the Gouda in Southern Holland where the cheese market and other attactions are..you are referring too?

I thought Highland had been playing there the whole season. Phase one of the bypass was finished around December I think. They're keen to share the facilities, I know their Physio. Don't see why City couldn't play there given a bit of flexibility over fixture timing.

It's a fantastic facility. I walked past in January and saw Caley Thistle training on it, so it certainly has the ability to cater to football. (Caley normally train at Fort George I believe but it was a hard frost day.)

I believe Highland RFC have a lot of teams playing there across firsts, seconds, age grades, womens teams etc. So I'm not sure whether it could also cope with a football team. How long does it take to dismantle and reinstall sets of rugby posts? I have no idea.

There was an enclosed grass pitch behind the rugby pitch though, opposite the stand side. I wonder if there may be scope to get a football team into there?

24 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

It's a fantastic facility. I walked past in January and saw Caley Thistle training on it, so it certainly has the ability to cater to football. (Caley normally train at Fort George I believe but it was a hard frost day.)

I believe Highland RFC have a lot of teams playing there across firsts, seconds, age grades, womens teams etc. So I'm not sure whether it could also cope with a football team. How long does it take to dismantle and reinstall sets of rugby posts? I have no idea.

There was an enclosed grass pitch behind the rugby pitch though, opposite the stand side. I wonder if there may be scope to get a football team into there?

There was talk of it before the ground share with Clach fell through.

4 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Benji/ Bill,  what's the difference between Community Junior football and Community football in the EoS?  ( A couple of people have asked but no reply and you always appear to answer me so I thought I would ask you? 

Kind Regards

9 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Wrong Montrose you refer to  (Montrose Roselea) - I was being ironic in my previous post 

Thanks for the clarity - I can't remember many  posts about Roselea on here. Well not since they moved from East to North.

I was being (sort of) humorous, but it didn't work. I must try harder !

388 pages !!       I wondered if this was a Junior thread record and viewed the threads by replies and this thread is officially the No 1
No 2,3,4,5 and 6 are Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United threads.  Oh boy do we love a good moan !!
388 pages, and about 350 of them say the same thing.