Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

You said "A reference to Nazi occupation ". There was no such reference.

I am not a historian and my knowledge of WW2 France is average, but correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will, would it have existed if there was no occupation?

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Eh naw, no one was a Nazi. Just to recap, the banned reference was to a group who, to save their own skins, betrayed their own people in the most appalling way, but inevitably it never saved their skins and they suffered a horrible fate regardless, used as a metaphor! Pravda was the Soviet Union but a relentless and ruthless propaganda machine, used as a metaphor! Ring any bells?

Do you realise that the way you express your opinion has a negative effect on the credibility of the pro junior viewpoint?

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Seriously people. Get a grip.

If you want to discuss anything other than football, juniors, pyramid etc. please take it somewhere else.

Start a new thread and have your pissing contest there instead of clogging up this forum with your inherent shite.

What are you saying? That our conversation is inferior to yours? That it doesnt meet your criteria for a conversation? That it needs to be taken away and separated from other conversations?

3 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is my belief that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football, in favour of a pyramid which I consider to be utterly flawed. There is something particularly unpalatable about this and comparing it to one of the worst examples of treacherous behaviour in recent history is my prerogative and make no apologies. Your attempts at discrediting me with snide comments will have no bearing on my determination to expose this.

As for Godwin's Law, if taken literally then the mere mention of Hitler would suggest that the debate is lost, but of course we all know that can't possibly be right as in the right context such an analogy would be correct. My reference was not to Hitler and was in the context of treason, therefore appropriate to my point.

Strong opinions not shared by others. Need to dominate and convince others to believe the same thing. 

Have you met RedLitchie?

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I am not a historian and my knowledge of WW2 France is average, but correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will, would it have existed if there was no occupation?

No, but that's a feeble response and doesn't change the fact that  there was no reference.

Anyway,  I will respect the views of my fellow posters and will do nothing further to pursue this particularly irrelevant discussion.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Been hearing that the North Region is going to have reconstruction yet again below the Superleague. Both East and West Divisions to merge and create a 2nd and 3rd tier, but with the rumours circulating over the future of a number of clubs it could easily be only two divisions next season. 

They confirmed this plan at the start of this season, like you say it might only be two tiers for the next campaign (like the East). The West will now dwarf the other regions in terms of numbers and prestige.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

What does the future hold for Junior football in the north of Scotland when even clubs that have been around for decades are are folding?

Sad news about Lewis Utd a club formed in 1942 based at Aberdeen's Sports Village.

3 days ago By Richard Easton

Sad news

The NRJFA are sad to report that Lewis United have decided to fold at the end of the season.

The club, who can boast Scotland national team Manager Alex McLeish as one of their former players, were founded in 1942 and joined the junior ranks in 1947, have cited struggling to attract players, committee members and sponsors in recent years as the reasons for the decision.

Club president George Copland said; "We have had a really bad couple of seasons,no helpers, no sponsors and a very young team. So we had to fold. It was with a heavy heart. 55 years with Lewis United is a long time."

NRJFA Secretary Richard Easton said; "It is very sad to see such a long standing Junior club folding. The club will be sorely missed.

"People like George Copland are very well respected and are what Junior football is all about. I asked the club to consider taking a year out and then reconsider the decision, but they felt that it would only be postponing the inevitable."

Looks likely that Inverness City will fold as well.

18 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is my belief that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football, in favour of a pyramid which I consider to be utterly flawed. There is something particularly unpalatable about this and comparing it to one of the worst examples of treacherous behaviour in recent history is my prerogative and make no apologies. Your attempts at discrediting me with snide comments will have no bearing on my determination to expose this.

As for Godwin's Law, if taken literally then the mere mention of Hitler would suggest that the debate is lost, but of course we all know that can't possibly be right as in the right context such an analogy would be correct. My reference was not to Hitler and was in the context of treason, therefore appropriate to my point.

I’ve avoided this particular strand of the thread (re your “banning” post and comments thereafter) but I feel the need to respond here.

You feel that the pyramid is flawed, and I suspect the majority agree on this point. Having said that, your assertion that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football is laughable! This is a simple forum for opinions, no-one is conspiring against you or threatening you. If you cannot see their viewpoints, so be it.

The concept of people expressing a view contrary to yours being treachery still blows my mind. It’s not like other people here are making the decisions for clubs leaving the grade, they are choosing to go of their own free will having weighed up all options.

56 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is reflected by your absolute lack of understanding as to Godwins law, arguing that it wasn’t a breach of Godwins law because you believed you were right was a particular highlight of mine.

GOODWIN FFS, he referenced Goodwins law!

23 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

You seemed a happier guy in the days when you watched the Giro (on right now ) and Le Tour before pedalling gaily happily around the winding Ayrshire roads,bud. Might be time to clear the napper by getting some miles in.:)

Incidentally,didn't some Nazi prisoners-of-war help to build your stadium,m8?

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Listen carefully, I shall say this only once .... Vichy France was the part NOT occupied by the Nazis.

Not immediately.......you are correct.

35 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is my belief that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football

It is my belief that there is a small minority of people on this forum, using this thread, who cant see beyond the end of their nose for the good of Scottish football and who would rather watch their team repeatedly win insignificant (in the general scheme of things) baubles over the opportunity to watch the progress their club makes up the pyramid.

You have been asked repeatedly over the last few weeks (or is it months now?) to provide appropriate reasoning as to why staying in the Junior "grade" would be more beneficial than moving into the senior pyramid and time and time again have either ignored those requests or started spouting verbose persiflage.

Auchinleck and the "grade" are soon to be an irrelevance, when the WoS happens at Level 6 that's the game up for the Juniors.

Anyone who labels clubs leaving the SJFA - the grade - to join the Pyramid as treacherous and insists it’s all some sort of conspiracy by members of this forum merely illustrates the bunker mentality that exists within the game and which is helping drive clubs away.  It’s existed ever since the Lowland League was first mooted and continues to this day.  It’s crazy that this mentality actually exists, but it does and ultimately emanates from the top of the Junior game.

Most football fans and officials care first and foremost about their own club and what is best for them on and off the pitch, they’ll argue about all sorts of things but generally they won’t slavishly latch themselves to an outdated “grade” of football to be defended at all costs when there are other alternatives available which offer better organisation, access to the Scottish Cup, higher levels of league football and no closed shop mentality.

To call them traitors, conspirators, organ grinders, monkeys or worse says more about those spouting that nonsense than anything else. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Anyway, back to the debate......

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've heard that. They are running out of time to get the new ground ready for next season and there is a lot of costs involved. Taking a year out might be an option.

There is a match tonight at Lister Park their last home game of the season and could be the last Juniors match held in Inverness for years maybe decades, the lack of space to create decent pitches will certainly put off any future ambitions for any potential club that would be located in the city.

I expect Spey Valley Utd will be gone next season, which isn't a surprise and there are doubts about Newburgh Thistle who are looking for a new ground, maybe they could move to the Aberdeen Sports Village.

Have also heard the rumour that Roselea could be ground sharing at Links Park next season?? Is that allowed??

There's space enough but all the cash goes to Rugby and Cricket for some reason. I don't see what benefit there is from removing Lister Park after all the money spent on it and the cost of undoing all the work, the space won't be used for anything else so far as I know. I know the lease is up but I don't get why the Council are being so inflexible. The cost of undoing Lister Park and developing Kirkhill would cost about £150,000 I think, where's what is basically an amateur club supposed to find that?

Edited by welshbairn

I'm also active on a Dutch forum, where there is a heated discussion about the pyramid over there. Some people are very conservative and afraid of any change. But there is one who hurls insults at everyone disagreeing with him, keeps going on about it when his posts get deleted, calls clubs that want change traitors to the "grade", keeps repeating his point while ignoring any counter arguments and comes with unacceptable comparisons at times. That feels quite familiar to me by now...

42 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is my belief that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football, in favour of a pyramid which I consider to be utterly flawed. 

If you think this thread, or for that matter any thread on p+b has any bearing on any outcome concerning Scottish football, you’ve quite simply lost the plot. As for the pyramid being utterly flawed, I don’t think anyone, on here, or elsewhere thinks it’s perfect, but because of clubs haudin oot to the bitter end, to preserve your grade, it’s what we’ve got. You have to at the very least admit the pyramid is happening and this is just the beginning. What area you going to be like this time next year, it’s happening and not before time 

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

It is my belief that there are a significant amount of people on this forum, using this thread, to bring about the capitulation of Junior Football, in favour of a pyramid which I consider to be utterly flawed.

If a forum thread can bring about the capitulation of Junior football, what does that say about the state of Junior football?

15 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

As for the pyramid being utterly flawed, I don’t think anyone, on here, or elsewhere thinks it’s perfect, but because of clubs haudin oot to the bitter end, to preserve your grade, it’s what we’ve got. 

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

You keep ignoring the reason why the pyramid is "flawed": many clubs refuse to take part

Really ?

There's space enough but all the cash goes to Rugby and Cricket for some reason. I don't see what benefit there is from removing Lister Park after all the money spent on it and the cost of undoing all the work, the space won't be used for anything else so far as I know. I know the lease is up but I don't get why the Council are being so inflexible. The cost of undoing Lister Park and developing Kirkhill would cost about £150,000 I think, where's what is basically an amateur club supposed to find that?

To be fair or indeed unfair perhaps the pyramid will mean a lot of clubs do need to join the amateur grade.

Min wage should also see this happen.

Currently it clearly does not.