Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Quit the ship stirring Burnie Man. I’ve said already, Dunbar Utd ARE NOT ONE!! No mays or may nots about it. Jeez!!

There's no ship stirring Ali, only going by what the clubs own twitter feed hinted at.  Any comment on what that meant?

Edited by Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Not my Twitter account. Having spoke to several committee at Glenrothes On Saturday, the club have no plans on applying to the EoS league. None.

In which case it's an odd thing for the club to tweet. I guess we'll see, who knows what the next few weeks will bring.

EDIT: On a personal level it would be good to see Dunbar join the other East Lothian clubs. It's a good day out.

Edited by Burnie_man

The other Twitter account is linked to the gentleman who updates the website. He may be referring to “who knows what’s happening” in relation to what league we’ll end up in if the clubs that wish to leave actually do leave. The last I heard, there was still talk between SJFA and SFA about putting in some sort of block to clubs leaving at such short notice. I doubt the club Twitter account was referring to Dunbar Utd leaving Juniors. But as you said, all we can do is wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

The other Twitter account is linked to the gentleman who updates the website. He may be referring to “who knows what’s happening” in relation to what league we’ll end up in if the clubs that wish to leave actually do leave. The last I heard, there was still talk between SJFA and SFA about putting in some sort of block to clubs leaving at such short notice. I doubt the club Twitter account was referring to Dunbar Utd leaving Juniors. But as you said, all we can do is wait and see.

What's your personal preference, stay or move?

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think that top junior clubs have no monopoly on being condescending and arrogant in all of this.

Are you suggesting my comments were? I'm Confused? If so, in no way was I attempting anything other than to point out that most of the top junior clubs fans on this very thread appear to believe they reserve the right to wander into another associations league set up at a level they feel is appropriate for their club.... I have also suggested multiple times that if junior clubs wish to stay, they reserve that right to do so with no hard feelings from me or anyone else. 

What concerns me most is that many believe, for clubs in the East particularly, that the eosfl or the pyramid should be set up to suit the ersjfa.... No one has taken account of the fact that the eosfl is the current feeder for tier 5 in the East and removing them from that position now because the juniors wish to join the pyramid would be wrong (for me anyway). 

Not sure what is condescending or arrogant about that..... 

14 minutes ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Not my Twitter account. Having spoke to several committee at Glenrothes On Saturday, the club have no plans on applying to the EoS league. None.

Just admit it, you’re coming over to the bright side :P

Just now, G4Mac said:

Not sure what is condescending or arrogant about that..... 

If everybody had been fully on board and a pyramid had been put together properly based on footballing merit, the LL would have been mainly comprised of top junior superleague clubs rather than being hijacked by EoS premier clubs. The idea of Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose entering a pyramid at tier 8 would have been regarded as insane five to ten years ago. The fact that it has a chance of actually happening now shows the extent to which the lunatics are in control of the asylum in Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If everybody had been fully on board and a pyramid had been put together properly based on footballing merit, the LL would have been mainly comprised of top junior superleague clubs rather than being hijacked by EoS premier clubs. The idea of Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose entering a pyramid at tier 8 would have been regarded as insane five to ten years ago. The fact that it has a chance of actually happening now shows the extent to which the lunatics are in control of the asylum in Scottish football.

Who are the luntatics though? The EoS are just going about their business, and the clubs you name haven't applied.  We are where we are, and the SJFA were never going to be able to waltz in at the 11th hour with it's clubs in tow as a rival league.

It's not too later for any club to apply to the EoS and be in tier 6 next season.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In your opinion which is fair, I don't expect everyone to hold mine and I suspect neither do you. 

One point though, as far as I remember, top junior sides were consulted through the sjfa to take part in the LL at its development. What happened then was that the idea on the table, which would've fitted the set up you and others think is a fairer representation of how things should look, was vetoed on junior clubs behalf by the sjfa. 

Coincidentally, that is how the LL and eosfl were set up with the teams in both leagues that bought into the process.... This had nothing to do with the clubs or the league that the sjfa didn't want involved. Yet, now they wish to be a part of it, would it really be right to rewind the clock, rip up a set up and process that clearly works for everyone else and induct the sjfa to the top level of that set up? 

To suggest the lunatics are in charge because the sjfa want their cake and to eat it is a tad unfair on all the other people and clubs who have worked so very hard to set the LL and eosfl up to its current level. (for me anyway) 

If everybody had been fully on board and a pyramid had been put together properly based on footballing merit, the LL would have been mainly comprised of top junior superleague clubs rather than being hijacked by EoS premier clubs.The idea of Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose entering a pyramid at tier 8 would have been regarded as insane five to ten years ago. The fact that it has a chance of actually happening now shows the extent to which the lunatics are in control of the asylum in Scottish football.

In what way was the Lowland League "hijacked"? If the Juniors had wanted a part of it at the time they could have joined. Even now, the teams in the East can join the EoSL and the EoSL themselves offered to help set up a WoSL with their expertise with contracts, legalities, fixtures, cup competitions, licencing etc. Suggesting that teams who have went through the only possible route available to them at the time, or who have taken the chance to move now when there are openings at Tier 6 have somehow "hijacked" the other juniors "rightful place" is arrogant in the extreme and has no support from any logical, sporting or any other argument.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Who are the luntatics though? The EoS are just going about their business, and the clubs you name haven't applied.  We are where we are, and the SJFA were never going to be able to waltz in at the 11th hour with it's clubs in tow as a rival league.

It's not too later for any club to apply to the EoS and be in tier 6 next season.

Could you phone the rose club immediately :lol:

52 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

everybody was fully on board but the juniors thought that they were to good to take part.they wanted to stay in their own wee bubble.with their own wee league.now because some teams in the east have seen a better chance to progress their clubs through the pyramid league. you are looking to ridicule the e.o.s.there has been talk on this board about the e.o.s.starting and running the w.o.s.but no clubs have asked they go about it. if you cant or dont want to improve your clubs then please stop being so derogtory about teams and a league who took a massive blow when they lost 14 clubs over 2 seasons but are still going strong and have encouraged their clubs to try and get their licences.

1 minute ago, tombrown said:

everybody was fully on board but the juniors thought that they were to good to take part.they wanted to stay in their own wee bubble.with their own wee league.now because some teams in the east have seen a better chance to progress their clubs through the pyramid league. you are looking to ridicule the e.o.s.there has been talk on this board about the e.o.s.starting and running the w.o.s.but no clubs have asked they go about it. if you cant or dont want to improve your clubs then please stop being so derogtory about teams and a league who took a massive blow when they lost 14 clubs over 2 seasons but are still going strong and have encouraged their clubs to try and get their licences.

Why are we still discussing this.  As I understand it, the EoS has accepted 13 new clubs,  and has agreed the format for next season with the 26 clubs concerned. The EoS has been even handed by giving the same  'deal' to new clubs, as it is giving to the 13 existing EoS clubs. Ten out of ten in my view !

The debate on this forum needs to  turn to what could/should be happening in the West & North Regions, and when. Can we change the record please ?

The last I heard, there was still talk between SJFA and SFA about putting in some sort of block to clubs leaving at such short notice.

I sincerely doubt there’s anything other than fanciful thinking in that particular story.

Read through some of the informative stuff on here as to how the SFA and their sub committees/groups interact and carry out their duties and you’ll find that there is no way the SFA (who are, after all, merely the sum of these working parts) will be colluding with the SJFA to deny any club their right to do as they wish within current rules and guidelines. To think otherwise is to hang your hat - or for someone from whom you have heard to hang their hat - on mere whimsy as opposed to established procedure.

1 hour ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

The last I heard, there was still talk between SJFA and SFA about putting in some sort of block to clubs leaving at such short notice.

Emails were posted here in which the SFA said that new licence applications were being suspended (likely only for June), but no one here has suggested there's a block on moving from the SJFA. The clubs leaving can't exactly give more notice to the SJFA, until they are accepted by the EoSFA.

1 hour ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

My personal preference is stay. I suspect that the Juniors will be part of a huge pyramid in the fullness of time. In the meantime, we are Juniors.

If the information from @Burnie_man is true then it looks like the status quo continues and the only way into the pyramid next season is via the EoS, I would expect another group of Juniors will be moving over for 2019/20. So the question is what would it take for Dunbar to leave the Juniors - if the four remaining Edinburgh and Midlothian clubs left, would you join them?

Edited by Ginaro

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Read through some of the informative stuff on here 

I stopped reading informative stuff around 76 pages ago, it’s better if you just read the bitter posters posts