Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

28 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Dundonald Bluebell are the other likely suspects I would have thought, if there is official correspondence about the outcome of the PWG meeting that makes it clear that east region entry at tier 6 in 2019/20 is highly unlikely, and Duns and Kelso always seem to get mentioned as possible returning clubs but that might have to wait until more of the Borders clubs have been relegated out of the LL and found their natural level again.

A twitter link was quoted last week, allegedly about Dunbar, but I couldn't access it. Did anyone manage to find it ? 

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Dundonald Bluebell are the other likely suspects I would have thought, if there is official correspondence about the outcome of the PWG meeting that makes it clear that east region entry at tier 6 in 2019/20 is highly unlikely

Imagine Bo'ness, Linlithgow etc fighting for promotion so they can face the likes of Tweedmouth, Ormiston, Burntisland and the rest of the EoS dead wood.

If there was ever a model of how not to construct a pyramid, this would be it.

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

A twitter link was quoted last week, allegedly about Dunbar, but I couldn't access it. Did anyone manage to find it ? 

I posted up on here yesterday, basically from someone saying pity you're not moving with Mussy, Dunbar twitter said "Who knows what the next few weeks will bring". Make of that what you will.

Imagine Bo'ness, Linlithgow etc fighting for promotion so they can face the likes of Tweedmouth, Ormiston, Burntisland and the rest of the EoS dead wood.

Well you see, what would happen in that situation is Bo’Ness and Linlithgow would go up and Tweedmouth and Ormiston would go down, the whole point if the pyramid. It will take some time to balance out.

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Don't need to do this providing amateur clubs have the opportunity to apply for promotion if they wish to do so, and there isn't a 'closed shop' on entry.

They can just be in the pyramid in the same way as promotion/relegation in England between non-league steps 6 and 7  (tiers 10/11) works. Step 7 is a whole collection of local leagues. Teams can apply for promotion if they want, but they are not forced to get promoted. Teams that applied then replace the bottom 2 in the step 6 leagues. If more teams have applied (& fit the requirements) than there are places available, only a certain number get promoted based on the final league tables. If fewer teams have applied than there are places available, teams that would have been relegated get reprieved.

That can easily be done in Scotland. If the SJFA will remain for teams that won't join the pyramid, then the remaining SJFA leagues & SAFA leagues will effectively form the next level in the "pyramid", feeding into the lowest regular pyramid level.

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Burnie_man posted it on here, from what I remember. May have been deleted from twitter given the potentially controversial nature of the subject matter.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Agree that the way that the pyramid has unfolded has been crazy. The west superleague clubs that get in early in the west in 2019/20 if this WoSFL thing happens should be able to minimise the pain involved in making the switch in a Kelty Hearts sort of way. The big problem is going to be for Bo'ness and Linlithgow and other east superleague clubs that might make the switch down the road, if as seems likely there is no possibility of tier 6 entry for them after this season. What I suspect/hope will happen is that if there are a lot of junior clubs joining the EoS around this time next year the multiple sections thing would happen again at tier 7 and it wouldn't be a case of needing to gain promotion from a new tier 8 in year one to play against the weaker existing EoS members in tier 7 the following season . Time will tell.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 hours ago, energyzone said:

A couple of points here.

You have to be in that situation to really appreciate it.

Ah yes because i have no idea what its like to follow a team who have overspent had a good spell , been relegated a few divisions and fraught desperately to keep the club alive... absolutely no idea how that feels. :1eye

Ah yes because i have no idea what its like to follow a team who have overspent had a good spell , been relegated a few divisions and fraught desperately to keep the club alive... absolutely no idea how that feels. :1eye
What did you win during that good spell?

Agree that the way that the pyramid has unfolded has been crazy. The west superleague clubs that get in early in the west in 2019/20 if this WoSFL thing happens should be able to minimise the pain involved in making the switch in a Kelty Hearts sort of way. The big problem is going to be for Bo'ness and Linlithgow and other east superleague clubs that might make the switch down the road, if as seems likely there is no possibility of tier 6 entry for them after this season. What I suspect/hope will happen is that if there are a lot of junior clubs joining the EoS around this time next year the multiple sections thing would happen again at tier 7 and it wouldn't be a case of needing to gain promotion from a new tier 8 in year one to play against the weaker existing EoS members in tier 7 the following season . Time will tell.

Or they get on and apply now

Even better the whole sjfa east excluding north of tay applies now.

Gives eos a league set up headache but all should be happy.

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:15, Burnie_man said:

From what I'm hearing, the PWG didnt go very well for TJ.

No tier 6 across the board, it was never promised by anyone at SFA or PWG. If Junior clubs want it in the East then join the EoS.

All agreed gap in the West, SFA will help establish a WoSFL.

SJFA so far apart from the rest that there were no discussion as to when the PWG will next meet.

If this an accurate summary, and I have no reason to doubt the source, then the SJFA continue as is and if clubs want to join the Pyramid you join the EoS or a new WoS.  Looks like an exerice in job preservation.

36 minutes ago, tombrown said:

Does anyone know the out come of thursdays p.w.g meeting and if their meeting again. or leaving it till next season.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

What did you win during that good spell?

We didn't win many trophies, but then whilst (greatly) overspending we were still a  million miles from what celtic and rangers were spending.

However 3 cup finals, qualifying for europe twice and finishing 4th are the kind of achievements only our 60's team can better.  it is by far and away our most successful spell anyone under 50 can remember in any detail.   It absolutely wasn't worth it.  

5 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Not a fan of joining another association and being asked to start at the point determined by the association? If those clubs chose to move west, would the sjfa place them in the super Premier in the west or would they have to play in the bottom league..... Me thinks they would start at the bottom..... How condescending and arrogant to suggest that when moving to a new set-up you should be placed where it suits you because that's where you think you should be placed..... 

If clubs aren't content with moving, then don't move. If you are not happy with the terms negotiated, then stay.... But don't diminish the hard work undertaken by clubs in the eosfl to be where they are by suggesting that others are too good for them to play against, take a leaf out of Keltys book - show some class, dignity and respect. 

We didn't win many trophies, but then whilst (greatly) overspending we were still a  million miles from what celtic and rangers were spending.

However 3 cup finals, qualifying for europe twice and finishing 4th are the kind of achievements only our 60's team can better.  it is by far and away our most successful spell anyone under 50 can remember in any detail.   It absolutely wasn't worth it.  
It's not really the same then is it?

And even if it was the same, who are any of us to tell the Buffs fans from 1999 if it was worth it or not?

Craigroyston are apparently one and depending on who you listen to, Dunbar may or may not be another.  If both of them move that takes the EoS to 28 clubs.
Just over 3 weeks to the EoS AGM so I'm sure there will be further enquiries.

Quit the ship stirring Burnie Man. I’ve said already, Dunbar Utd ARE NOT ONE!! No mays or may nots about it. Jeez!!