Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

By the way, I have just had a helpful conversation/reply from "Khufu2" about possibly extending the Junior Cup to all senior non-league clubs. Do you agree with his response ?

As I have told you before, I don't do insults.

I've been advocating this for several years now.

The response I get all too often from supporters of the 'junior grade' (hate that tag) is "Why bother, what's in it for us?"

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Original poster.

Of course....silly me. If he is the original/suggested "monkey", who is the "organ grinder ? 

Do you have a personal view (as above) about opening up the Junior Cup to senior non league clubs ?

Edited by Robert James

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There is something utterly abhorrent about this thread and what it has developed into. You have continually displayed contempt for the Junior grade, showing support for a post denigrating the Scottish Junior Cup by mocking a time honoured tradition adopted by a whole host of clubs at all levels the latest illustration. Whether I have contributed to this debate or not is subjective, you on the other hand are using a junior forum to mock, criticise and decry the grade. Whether I talk any sense or not, whether I contribute to the debate or not, I still ask the question, why are you and the rest of the cohorts, who appear to have only contempt for Junior Football , on this forum?

All bow to the "grade" eh?  people on this thread mostly only care about their club and what is best for it, not the "grade", only their club. They don’t buy into the cultish behaviour that seems so prevalent in the Juniors.  We've been over that ground before of course. 

Meanwhile you and your sidekick have mocked, criticised, denigrated Junior clubs, Dalkeith are "mediocre" apparently because they had the audacity to try and better themselves. Then you have mocked, criticised and denigrated clubs in the Lowland League, EoS and the Pyramid as a basis for any point you have to make.  Now anyone in favour of the Pyramid is labelled as “anti-Junior monkeys” and I’m the “organ grinder”.

Posters (notably kefc) have taken the time to set out the benefits of moving to the Pyramid and why, in their experience, this is a better future for Kelty as a club and would be a better future for others.  Other contributorshave done likewise for their own clubs.  Meanwhile you have been asked umpteen times what benefits there are to remaining Junior but have completely failed to come up with anything, zip, zero, nada.  Your credibility is shot to bits.

The quality of the debate from the “pro-pyramid” side is not in doubt, the same cannot be said for you and you have now resorted to abuse and ludicrous conspiracy theories and calling the thread “utterly abhorrant”, frankly you have lost the plot and you’re better leaving this whole thing alone. All you’re doing now is trolling the thread along with your sidekick Khufa2.

IIRC there are 20 part-time clubs in nationwide leagues. If you think there are only 40 clubs in Scotland, you're in the wrong forum. As for "sustain" it, I think we ought to be aiming higher.
Travel is a serious issue for players with jobs. Linlithgow Rose could only take 11 players to a Scottish Cup tie in Wick last season because it was midweek and rescheduled several times. They listed substitutes who weren't even there. In a year with a bad winter there can be a lot of midweek games and it's a problem for players. Having said that, I don't think they've ever been surveyed on what they want - that could be interesting.
As a fan, I'll travel anywhere for a Scottish Cup tie, but I'll generally not bother for a league game somewhere I've been to before if it's more than a hour or so away. I'm sure that's pretty typical. 

Quoting a game played between two non league teams from different associations and at either end of the country probably isn’t a great way to explain the issues around travel in league two

We'll see how many that is in a few years time. Your tea is oot.
The pyramid will eventually happen but only when junior clubs enter at tier 6. The big question is will the same financial arrangements be maintained when there are a lot more member clubs or will the slice of the cake be smaller for each club?

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

The pyramid will eventually happen but only when junior clubs enter at tier 6. The big question is will the same financial arrangements be maintained when there are a lot more member clubs or will the slice of the cake be smaller for each club?

A minute ago I wasn't to be silly when talking about Juniors joining the seniors and now here you are admitting it's dying.  I don't think that's the big question at all, and I reckon many junior clubs already have the answer to it.

Wait until HMRC start implementing the national .minimum wage on the semi pro game and players have to be paid for sitting on a bus for 3 hours.

They do at league two level. Think it averages at about ten hours per week pay for a team in the central belt. Consider that anyone in that area has three hours on a bus to do less than ten times a season just now.

Training four hours, games averaging six hours is the usual deal.

3 minutes ago, Vollyman said:
15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
We'll see how many that is in a few years time. Your tea is oot.

A reasonable assumption Vollayman..  more clubs ..bigger devisor in the same pot...or does the pot increase by volume of clubs and if so..from where......or is it going to be the Law of Diminishing returns...and that will be a shock to many clubs that are moving.....because their has been a lot of talk about available money for clubs in the Senior League they are moving too.....maybe we will get clarity from those in the know on this forum.  to set the position straight..once and for all.

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Meanwhile you and your sidekick have mocked, criticised, denigrated Junior clubs, Dalkeith are "mediocre" apparently because they had the audacity to try and better themselves.

That's just nonsense.

They're mediocre because they are close to the bottom of the second level of junior football in the  East. They would probably have been relegated had they not jumped ship.    It's a statement of fact rather than opinion.

1 minute ago, BENJI BOY said:

A reasonable assumption Vollayman..  more clubs ..bigger devisor in the same pot...or does the pot increase by volume of clubs and if so..from where......or is it going to be the Law of Diminishing returns...and that will be a shock to many clubs that are moving.....because their has been a lot of talk about available money for clubs in the Senior League they are moving too.....maybe we will get clarity from those in the know on this forum.  to set the position straight..once and for all.

One thing you and vollyman can guarantee is that you'll be getting a shitload more in the seniors even if the pot does need diluted (it won't).