Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Id rather listen to someone voicing Samantha’s concerns over her latest acquisition to her property portfolio than this

Last week dundonald are a progressive club .this week they see there future in the junior set up and the ridicule starts .TJ has no alternative but to go with the majority and take the juniors into the pyramid .heard from a person in the hampden corridors off power that ex junior clubs have applied for entry level licences and have tens off thousands off pounds off work to make the grade .also thought senior clubs had to have first choice on pitch .apparently an east region premier MATCH has been switch to a non junior pitch next week to allow the wainz the BIG pitch. LAUGHABLE AMATUERISH BEHAVIOUR . . 
I WAIT ON THE BULLY BOY REACTION FROM THE USUAL .

To be fair

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Id rather listen to someone voicing Samantha’s concerns over her latest acquisition to her property portfolio than this

To be fair

:lol:

Im really suprised that there hasnt been more going on in the west. 

I would have thought a few of the clubs would have gotten together already to set up there own WoS league rather than wait for TJ to organise something.

Clubs in the East have stolen a march on them are there will be a few ex Junior teams in the LL before the west even has a league

14 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im really suprised that there hasnt been more going on in the west. 

I would have thought a few of the clubs would have gotten together already to set up there own WoS league rather than wait for TJ to organise something.

Clubs in the East have stolen a march on them are there will be a few ex Junior teams in the LL before the west even has a league

Clydebank have announced they're leaving in a year and focusing on getting Holm Park in order for licencing. Dunipace are the rumoured West club applying for the EoSFL this year.

A West of Scotland feeder is likely to be set up for 2019-20 but there's no rush right now for most clubs and they might as well see what the SJFA can do. Think there's also meant to be 40+% voted against joining the current pyramid. That makes things messier without also considering fitting in around the SoSFL & EoSFL. Which is why there's a wait and see approach.

I also think there's an attitude in the West that says once they get signed up to a pyramid and licenced, the Lowland League being split West/East will be inevitable. So there isn't the same fear that exists in the East of being stuck several tiers below where some clubs see themselves.

47 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Bo'ness meeting with the EOS today I believe.  #shitting themselves

Is this about Bo'ness submitting a late application for 2018/19 ?  Has Linlithgow already submitted a late application ?

Whilst on the subject of POSSIBLE new clubs for the EoSL next season, an additional club could be the 'return' of Vale of Leithen. If Cowdenbeath lose to Cove in the SPFL play-off, the former will be relegated to the Lowland, which opens up the possibility of Vale of Leithen finishing 15th in the Lowland, and being relegated to the EoS along with Hawick RA.  Dalbeattie are the other 'extra' relegation candidate, but they presumably would 'return' to the SoSL, rather than the EoS. Current LL positions :

(14th)       Dalbeattie   29       29              (15th)     Vale of Leithen       27       24                   (16th)      Hawick RA         29       6     

The remaining fixtures are :

25/4      Selkirk    v    VALE OF LEITHEN

2/5         VALE OF LEITHEN      v     Cumbernauld Colts

5/5         DALBEATTIE      v     VALE OF LEITHEN

It could be a real crunch game on 5th May !      

Edited by Robert James

Is this about Bo'ness submitting a late application for 2018/19 ?  Has Linlithgow already submitted a late application ?
Whilst on the subject of POSSIBLE new clubs for the EoSL next season, an additional club could be the 'return' of Vale of Leithen. If Cowdenbeath lose to Cove in the SPFL play-off, the former will be relegated to the Lowland, which opens up the possibility of Vale of Leithen finishing 15th in the Lowland, and being relegated to the EoS along with Hawick RA.  Dalbeattie are the other 'extra' relegation candidate, but they presumably would 'return' to the SoSL, rather than the EoS. Current LL positions :
(14th)       Dalbeattie   29       29              (15th)     Vale of Leithen       27       24                   (16th)      Hawick RA         29       6     
The remaining fixtures are :
25/4      Selkirk    v    VALE OF LEITHEN
2/5         VALE OF LEITHEN      v     Cumbernauld Colts
5/5         DALBEATTIE      v     VALE OF LEITHEN
It could be a real crunch game on 5th May !      

There is absolutely no chance of the rose applying![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A wee bit of digging yesterday and the day has uncovered the email that Johnstone has been sending round. Either the SFA board have some explaining to do or Johnstone is playing fast and loose with what actually was talked about. Naebody at the Lowland League is aware of anything so you must think the EOS haven't a scooby either

I’ve only had informal notification as yet. Andrew McKinlay the Interim CEO is out today so it will be Monday before I catch up with him. However my source of information was at the meeting so it is “kosher”

Once I have received confirmation in writing or verbally from Andrew I will put out a formal notification to clubs.

To confirm: The Board of the Scottish FA have agreed in principle to the Juniors entering the Pyramid at Tier 6 with possible target for  implementation commencing season 18/19. There will also be a moratorium on applications for Scottish FA membership and Club Licensing whilst discussions are ongoing re Pyramid integration.

Hope this helps. If you need anything further please let me know

Regards

Tom Johnston

Scottish Junior FA

Why would he even send that out if he only has to wait until Monday to make contact with the Interim CEO? If the moratorium bit applies to junior clubs only all it basically means is that junior clubs won't be able to get licensed until integration with the pyramid actually happens which means nothing changes for now in terms of having to join either the EoS or SoS in order to get licensed.

Even if TJ can deliver on his points there, it would still require a MASSIVE cultural shift within the Junior game to meet the requirements of being part of the pyramid. Just for a start the Junior season would have to be timetabled to finish around the end of April to allow clubs to take part in play-offs (EOS, SOS, West Juniors, East Juniors) for promotion to the LL as I cant see the LL suddenly moving to a 4 down system.

And then what happens if Lochee win the East title? They don't fall in the LL area.

I wish TJ well in his efforts but to move the Juniors wholesale to tier 6 will have so many consequences for clubs within the Juniors that preparations would have to be started now for next season.

Just now, Whitburn Vale said:

They look like lithgae rose supporters ;)

And that is their entire home support over the last couple of seasons.

Why would he even send that out if he only has to wait until Monday to make contact with the Interim CEO? If the moratorium bit applies to junior clubs only all it basically means is that junior clubs won't be able to get licensed until integration with the pyramid actually happens which means nothing changes for now in terms of having to join either the EoS or SoS in order to get licensed.

Pretty much. I'd expect that those clubs entering the EoS for next season will be able to apply for Licencing as normal. No reason why they couldn't.

So the SFA Board have no objections to the SJFA joining the Pyramid, but that this will need to go through the Pyramid Working Group to discuss futher and reach some form of agreement with all the other parties. That's where it all gets rather difficult, particularly in the east.

This is all a last ditch attempt to place doubt into the minds of those clubs who are leaving. In fact I have heard that he was saying that he wasnt bothered about the likes of Crossgates leaving but wanted to keep the big clubs. What an attitude.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Pretty much. I'd expect that those clubs entering the EoS for next season will be able to apply for Licencing as normal. No reason why they couldn't.

So the SFA Board have no objections to the SJFA joining the Pyramid, but that this will need to go through the Pyramid Working Group to discuss futher and reach some form of agreement with all the other parties. That's where it all gets rather difficult, particularly in the east.

This is all a last ditch attempt to place doubt into the minds if those clubs who are leaving. In fact I have heard that he was saying that he wasnt bothered about the likea of Crossgates leaving but wanted to keep the big clubs. What an attitude.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the SJFA really only brings in money for itself through gate receipts and sponsorship of the Junior Scottish Cup. Once you lose some of the bigger clubs, the money dries up and they're already struggling for sponsors.

Its no surprise that this will have come on the coat tails of Bonnyrigg making it official they were applying for the EoS. The SJFA are running out of money and they need to retain every big name they have.