Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

48 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Any of the analysts done a graph on how the William Hills Scottish cup will look round wise with all the new EOS junior clubs coming in automatically next season.?

Joining the EoS doesn't get you automatic entry into the Scottish Cup, I think you needed to be an SFA member by last month to get into next season's competition automatically. There will be a couple more clubs though in the preliminary rounds if the West Premier/Junior Cup winners aren't the same team, Tynecastle via the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners Shield, and no doubt some slight adjustments to the first round if the Highland League loses one or two members.

The one thing that jumps outs at you is Camelon's average attendance this season, 95.   It's not even as if they're having a poor season yet cant break three figures in the Superleague.
Either something's up at Carmuirs, or people are drifting away from the Junior game.

And a good chunk of that 95 will be away fans...

With all due respect to Camelon, I’m in my late 30s but in my lifetime I don’t remember them ever having much of a support.

Attendances have been down to my naked eye at Carmuirs for the last couple of seasons but it does appear to be a league wide problem - the trip to Linlithgow earlier in the season was probably the emptiest I've seen their ground on a matchday and you are now lucky if Boness bring more than 20 fans. Bonnyrigg on Saturday was a healthy away support but teams like Carnoustie and Dundonald recently have brought virtually no one.

Attendances have been down to my naked eye at Carmuirs ...........and you are now lucky if Boness bring more than 20 fans.

Specsavers for you mate. Last time the BU's were at Camelon there was 50+ easily. There would be more but the supporters bus doesn't go to Camelon because there is an ersehole element hiding amongst the Camelon support who like attacking buses.

Just saying how I see it and over the last few years the number of Bo'ness fans at Carmuirs has fallen considerably - as with most teams, its a league wide problem.

1 hour ago, drs said:

Attendances have been down to my naked eye at Carmuirs for the last couple of seasons but it does appear to be a league wide problem - the trip to Linlithgow earlier in the season was probably the emptiest I've seen their ground on a matchday and you are now lucky if Boness bring more than 20 fans. Bonnyrigg on Saturday was a healthy away support but teams like Carnoustie and Dundonald recently have brought virtually no one.

Absolute Nonsense, Bluebell had a bus at game and a number of cars. Not the biggest support but easily 50 on equal to canelons if not more.   Just ask tags in the social club it was busy both before and after the game and he thanked us all as it was certainly one of his busiest days. 

6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Joining the EoS doesn't get you automatic entry into the Scottish Cup, I think you needed to be an SFA member by last month to get into next season's competition automatically. There will be a couple more clubs though in the preliminary rounds if the West Premier/Junior Cup winners aren't the same team, Tynecastle via the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners Shield, and no doubt some slight adjustments to the first round if the Highland League loses one or two members.

Thanks for clearing that point up for us....So if you have a licence its automatic  1st Rd ..proper....otherwise you are in a Preliminary round or rounds until the 1st Round proper and then the money starts to accumulate for the club. in a big way...Big influx of juniors could mean more than one Preliminary rounds for the new entrants then  or is it seeded by junior league placings.......cant remember what stage Kelty entered last year.

Thanks Gogsy...you have first hand knowledge with your team being there last season for the first time of entry.......So it is really gilding the Lily  a bit ..to say you r club is automatically in the BiG Scottish because you join the EoS......its preliminary round./rounds first..but you could argue  reasonably ..you are in the the cup..but not in the mainstream competition yet...fair.

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Of course last season it was through winning East Super league that Kelty gained entry to Scottish cup. 

My mistake...it was and won at a canter.....did that make a difference to your ranking in the cup ie preliminary rounds  ....and you will be ranked differently this year because of your EoS participation......Will Bonnyrigg have a choice if they win the Super League or will the be the same as you were last season..Preliminary round/s...but still in the money big time I am led to believe.

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Thanks for clearing that point up for us....So if you have a licence its automatic  1st Rd ..proper....otherwise you are in a Preliminary round or rounds until the 1st Round proper and then the money starts to accumulate for the club. in a big way...Big influx of juniors could mean more than one Preliminary rounds for the new entrants then  or is it seeded by junior league placings.......cant remember what stage Kelty entered last year.

Here you are Benji

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

42 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

My mistake...it was and won at a canter.....did that make a difference to your ranking in the cup ie preliminary rounds  ....and you will be ranked differently this year because of your EoS participation......Will Bonnyrigg have a choice if they win the Super League or will the be the same as you were last season..Preliminary round/s...but still in the money big time I am led to believe.

I believe Preliminary rounds 1&2 were paid £3k this season (each round) - it was £2k the year before.

8 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Heard tonight that only 5/6 of the applications will be accepted 

Truthteller is either confused, or is referring to how many junior/ex junior clubs will enter the Scottish Cup. Probably the latter because clubs need a licence to enter the Scottish Cup, and most of the new (15 or so ?) EoS  member clubs won't have one in time for the 2018/19 competition. Perhaps he will clarify ?

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Truthteller is either confused, or is referring to how many junior/ex junior clubs will enter the Scottish Cup. Probably the latter because clubs need a licence to enter the Scottish Cup, and most of the new (15 or so ?) EoS  member clubs won't have one in time for the 2018/19 competition. Perhaps he will clarify ?

The only East Junior clubs playing in the Scottish Cup next year will be Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg (if they win the SL)

40 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

I believe Preliminary rounds 1&2 were paid £3k this season (each round) - it was £2k the year before.

It could actually be more financially beneficial for be drawn in the First Preliminary Round. If you can with through to the First Round you should be pocketing around £10k minimum  (£3k, £3k, £4k).

Will be interesting to see how they structure it for season 2019/2020 when there will probably be 5/6/7 or more newly Licenced clubs entering.

5 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

And possibly Lochee Utd.

Apologies - it's possible, same for Penicuik - but unlikely as they'd need to win every game to get 65 pts which probably wouldnt quite be enough. Kelty won the league with 65 but played 28 games. 

And it would rely on a monumental collapse by others... 

Apologies - it's possible, same for Penicuik - but unlikely as they'd need to win every game to get 65 pts which probably wouldnt quite be enough. Kelty won the league with 65 but played 28 games. 
And it would rely on a monumental collapse by others... 
Surely he's meaning Lochee can win the Junior Cup?