Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, froggie said:

I thought I'd leave that to a corporate whore's customer instead!

I'm looking forward to it's installation at our ground to comply with SFA Licencing, it should attract plenty more punters through the turnstiles.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm looking forward to it's installation at our ground to comply with SFA Licencing, it should attract plenty more punters through the turnstiles.

Might push the local house prices through the hundred quid barrier.

2 minutes ago, froggie said:

Might push the local house prices through the hundred quid barrier.

Being a corporate enterprise we already own them all,  any increase will help pay for the new executive boxes which will be a welcome requirement next year.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Being a corporate enterprise we already own them all,  any increase will help pay for the new executive boxes which will be a welcome requirement next year.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'executive box' really, doesn't it?

5 hours ago, holme said:

I think Dalbeattie would go to the SOS.

Vale are the most likely of the 2 to  finish 2nd bottom 

You are probably right about Dalbeattie choosing the SoSL if relegated.  However from 2001 until 2009 they chose to have their First XI playing in the EoS, at the same time as their Reserves played in the SoSL. As far as I am aware there is no boundary demarcation/rule between the "east" and the "South".  Is this correct ?   

10 minutes ago, Robert James said:

You are probably right about Dalbeattie choosing the SoSL if relegated.  However from 2001 until 2009 they chose to have their First XI playing in the EoS, at the same time as their Reserves played in the SoSL. As far as I am aware there is no boundary demarcation/rule between the "east" and the "South".  Is this correct ?   

And then chose to not do that until LL formation. Both leagues can admit whoever they like, hence Gretna 2008 in EoS prior to LL formation. That doesn't seem to have changed post LL. I'd be staggered if Dalbeattie wanted to journey across to the East regularly at tier 6 (to face sterner opposition and therefore less chance of going back up) when they can save a lot on travel (and can probably have an easier time recruiting players) by not doing so.  Much might depend on Threave Rovers though - will they go up, or will they stay in SoS for another year?

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

And then chose to not do that until LL formation. Both leagues can admit whoever they like, hence Gretna 2008 in EoS prior to LL formation. That doesn't seem to have changed post LL. I'd be staggered if Dalbeattie wanted to journey across to the East regularly at tier 6 (to face sterner opposition and therefore less chance of going back up) when they can save a lot on travel (and can probably have an easier time recruiting players) by not doing so.  Much might depend on Threave Rovers though - will they go up, or will they stay in SoS for another year?

Yes the SoSL would probably be an easier route back to the Lowland for Dalbeattie in  2018/19, but will this be the case from 2019/20, if a West Of Scotland 'pyramid feeder' League is to be established at Tier 6 level ?  Pure speculation of course regarding the future of the SoSL, and in particular its fully licensed clubs, who would be entitled to stay at Tier 6.

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes the SoSL would probably be an easier route back to the Lowland for Dalbeattie in  2018/19, but will this be the case from 2019/20, if a West Of Scotland 'pyramid feeder' League is to be established at Tier 6 level ?  Pure speculation of course regarding the future of the SoSL, and in particular its fully licensed clubs, who would be entitled to stay at Tier 6.

Not sure either would be a soft touch in 19/20. It would totally depend what WoS sides get teir house in order and get involved.

14 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I looked up the Lowland's rules on the matter "The bottom club will be relegated to the League which will have been decided by the Boards of the three leagues prior to the start of the new season."

I don't imagine Dalbeattie would have envisioned asking to go to the EoSFL at the start of the season. I also doubt that the leagues would of okay'd a club jumping leagues following relegation as it would have an effect on their standing.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I looked up the Lowland's rules on the matter "The bottom club will be relegated to the League which will have been decided by the Boards of the three leagues prior to the start of the new season."

I don't imagine Dalbeattie would have envisioned asking to go to the EoSFL at the start of the season. I also doubt that the leagues would of okay'd a club jumping leagues following relegation as it would have an effect on their standing.

Thanks for the "Rules" extract. Unfortunately it appears from the wording that they only refer to the "bottom" (16th) LL club: Hawick RA.  Dalbeattie could be relegated from 15th position in the LL, if Cove Rangers go up to, and Cowdenbeath come down from, the SPFL Div 2.

"Bathgate Thistle Juniors are having an Open Night in the Clubhouse on Monday 23rd April 2018 at 7.00pm.
All supporters are invited and the agenda for the evening is:
1. Q&A session with the management team.
2. Update on the East of Scotland League position.
3. Arrangements for the 10 year anniversary game on Sunday 10th June 2018.
4. AOB "

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Thanks for the "Rules" extract. Unfortunately it appears from the wording that they only refer to the "bottom" (16th) LL club: Hawick RA.  Dalbeattie could be relegated from 15th position in the LL, if Cove Rangers go up to, and Cowdenbeath come down from, the SPFL Div 2.

The principle will be the same though. They would have had to nominate a league prior to the start of the season and have the agreement of all 3 leagues. Anything other than that breaks the agreement of the clubs/leagues and you might as well have Lowland League 2.

EDIT: Section B4 (b) basically says the exact same thing but references the second bottom club.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The principle will be the same though. They would have had to nominate a league prior to the start of the season and have the agreement of all 3 leagues. Anything other than that breaks the agreement of the clubs/leagues and you might as well have Lowland League 2.

Good news for the leagues concerned, that this has already been resolved.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Good news for the leagues concerned, that this has already been resolved.

Since none of them actually played in either the SoS/EoS. The curious question is what leagues have BSC, East Kilbride & Cumbernauld Colts nominated if they get relegated.

54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

"Bathgate Thistle Juniors are having an Open Night in the Clubhouse on Monday 23rd April 2018 at 7.00pm.
All supporters are invited and the agenda for the evening is:
1. Q&A session with the management team.
2. Update on the East of Scotland League position.
3. Arrangements for the 10 year anniversary game on Sunday 10th June 2018.
4. AOB "

What.interaction with the paying customers.it will never catch on.

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since none of them actually played in either the SoS/EoS. The curious question is what leagues have BSC, East Kilbride & Cumbernauld Colts nominated if they get relegated.

East Kilbride  were originally elected to join the SoSL, but entered the Lowland instead.  They probably opted to return to the SoSL, in the unlikely event that they are relegated.

BSC have been pushing for a West 'feeder' League, which if set up properly should be a new league comprised (as a minimum), of the top West Region Juniors and the licensed SoSL clubs.  Therefore they have probably opted for the SoSL at the present time.

Given their location, Cumbernauld Colts may have opted for the EoS, even though they would be regarded as a west club.

None of them would have opted to join the Junior leagues, as this would have meant they were leaving the pyramid, as things stand.

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

East Kilbride  were originally elected to join the SoSL, but entered the Lowland instead.  They probably opted to return to the SoSL, in the unlikely event that they are relegated.

BSC have been pushing for a West 'feeder' League, which if set up properly should be a new league comprised (as a minimum), of the top West Region Juniors and the licensed SoSL clubs.  Therefore they have probably opted for the SoSL at the present time.

Given their location, Cumbernauld Colts may have opted for the EoS, even though they would be regarded as a west club.

None of them would have opted to join the Junior leagues, as this would have meant they were leaving the pyramid, as things stand.

And then of course there is Clydebank, who have confirmed that they intend to join the pyramid once the Holm Park redevelopment has taken place. Had it been ready for next season, would they have opted to join the SoSL or the EoS ?  We will never know, if the WoSL starts in 2019/20.