Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

28 minutes ago, corner said:

There could be, but would be a bad idea because

* reduces quality on the field, why split the best sub LL east clubs across two parallel leagues?

* reduces quality off the field, an all entry-licensed tier 6 is an obvious and progressive next step

* unnecessarily complicates promotion by adding extra play offs  for issues which would be better settled over a season

* unnecessarily complicates relegation from LL, who goes where and why?

Are there any reasons which make it a good idea?

An excellent post.

Any one got any news from last night's EoS meeting with applicants for next season ?

7 hours ago, HTG said:

Hamish old bean,  I've taken the liberty of adjusting your post slightly so that it more accurately sets out the likely outcome in the east. Whether that lasts as a long term outcome, who can say. 

I think as someone mentioned a few pages back, you definitely seem, particularly since the East Juniors meeting on Tuesday, to have drifted into viewing everything through the prism of what you would like to see happen rather than what is likely to happen. The EoSFL are an organisation already within the Pyramid who, I would assume, have built up strong and lasting relationships with the SFA, with the Lowland League and with the SPFL, working with them in a progressive way to formulate and to agree many aspects of the governance of the game in the lower tiers. Such close working relationships will build trust and will build support for each other and each others viewpoints. The SJFA, on the other hand, have been reluctant to the point of intransigence to involve themselves in any of the structuring of the game at these lower levels. The EoSFL are, I'd imagine, almost certain to use the relationships they have nurtured and the influence they have accordingly built up to state simply that Tier 6 already exists in the east and that a rival Tier 6 coexisting in exactly the same region of the country is entirely unacceptable to them. Who, then, are the decision makers likely to listen to in this scenario?

Using the same analogy as above, are we really to expect that, like a drunk storming into the party several hours after the birthday cake has been cut to demand that the music be changed, the SJFA will turn up late with all sorts of demands and be listened to with a sympathetic ear?

Edited by 12 Angry Men

26 minutes ago, TheLad said:

One reason might be that the Juniors and EOS might never agree to some of the plans getting banded about. Mixing the current East super, EOS and lowland would be a messy affair, with all parties looking after their own interests.

East Super and EOS becoming tier 6 for the Lowland might be not be be palatable for some who believe their team should be placed higher but you can't expect to just turn up late to the party and take control of the music

EOS already is tier 6 for the Lowland in the east. What I am saying above is that we don’t need two. How you go about getting the best clubs into it is a different matter, and is not solved by having another tier 6 east league. 

EOS already is tier 6 for the Lowland in the east. What I am saying above is that we don’t need two. How you go about getting the best clubs into it is a different matter, and is not solved by having another tier 6 east league. 

That's kind of how a pyramid works. More leagues at the bottom, filtering into a smaller number of leagues as you go up

7 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

So two East teams would be in the playoff for the Lowland League each year with one West and one South team, so if promotion is the teams plan they apply to move to the weakest league

There’s no way there will be an East Juniors and an East Seniors in the same area at the same level.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Simple answer - the SFA won't allow it !

39 minutes ago, 12 Angry Men said:

I think as someone mentioned a few pages back, you definitely seem, particularly since the East Juniors meeting on Tuesday, to have drifted into viewing everything through the prism of what you would like to see happen rather than what is likely to happen. 

Not so. I've said on more than one occasion since Tuesday that the SJFA confirmed on the evening that the tier 6 proposal I've outlined was made by the SFA.  If you want me to say something different happened then that gets a tad difficult. Whether you or I believe this is a separate question but you're being as definitive with your dismissal. Were you in the room? 

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

Not so. I've said on more than one occasion since Tuesday that the SJFA confirmed on the evening that the tier 6 proposal I've outlined was made by the SFA.  If you want me to say something different happened then that gets a tad difficult. Whether you or I believe this is a separate question but you're being as definitive with your dismissal. Were you in the room? 

Was the offer formal, time-specific, made in writing or minuted in  a meeting? Just trying to get a handle on how much of it is wishful thinking and formalised. It's complicated by the fact that it's attributed to a now departed chief executive.

In life we can be promised a lot but until it's in writing, signed, sealed and delivered many things can derail it!

35 minutes ago, TheLad said:

That's kind of how a pyramid works. More leagues at the bottom, filtering into a smaller number of leagues as you go up

Yes, exactly. But we are arguing over how many tier 6 leagues we need in the east. You think 2, I think 1. To go along side however many other Tier 6 feeders to the LL we have. 

26 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Was the offer formal, time-specific, made in writing or minuted in  a meeting? Just trying to get a handle on how much of it is wishful thinking and formalised. It's complicated by the fact that it's attributed to a now departed chief executive.

In life we can be promised a lot but until it's in writing, signed, sealed and delivered many things can derail it!

Those are the money questions. I'm not saying that I favour the solution. There are obviously more logical ones. All I'm reiterating is what c50 clubs were told on Tuesday. If that turns out not to be the case, it'll not be me that needs to stand up and explain why and when it changed. 

49 minutes ago, HTG said:

No, I wasn't in the room.....thanks, though, for your clarification and I think I understand your position a bit better now.

As you have subsequently said, the money question has now been asked by cmontheloknow - was the 'promise' made by the SJFA re the east Super League moving in its entirety to become a rival Tier6 league to the EoSFL time specific, delivered in writing or minuted? I'm guessing the answer will prove to be no as that provides for traceability and accountability and I suspect the SJFA will not want to be accountable for making a promise that - in the face of all the 'evidence' outlined earlier and the logic of what currently exists - they may, in all likelihood,  fail to deliver on.