Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, GLESGABOY said:

Bingo!!.....Is Pro Pyramid Gansta the same as Wanka?? Asking for a friend.....:bag............ between you and Hamish you must be getting through some amount of bed sheets with all these pyramid wet dreams that you`re having. You have now left the building so why are you persisting with your barrage of pyramidpish? I see you were catching farts on another thread about your move to Utopia and if things are so bad why the f**k do you care what happens, you`ve left. Be a good chap and let the door hit your arse on the way out..cheerio noooo...

Oh dear, the blazers are slowly losing it.  Glad to see you care enough by taking time to mention the Pyramid in every thread you post on :lol:

The amusing thing is with every post, you and a few others confirm why most clubs want to leave. Ironic eh lol.

2 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

That will change when the SFA give them a few hundred grand to do the ground up when they join the pyramid.

Well there's more chance of them getting money to improve their rustic home within the pyramid than without...

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Oh dear, the blazers are slowly losing it.  Glad to see you care enough by taking time to mention the Pyramid in every thread you post on :lol:

The amusing thing is with every post, you and a few others confirm why most clubs want to leave. Ironic eh lol.

So the reason that the East is imploding (with the exception of the big clubs) is because I`ve outed you and Hamish for having wet dreams about the pyramid??? It`s an interesting opinion but like most of the other stuff you write it`s utter bollocks.......

1 minute ago, GLESGABOY said:

So the reason that the East is imploding (with the exception of the big clubs) is because I`ve outed you and Hamish for having wet dreams about the pyramid??? It`s an interesting opinion but like most of the other stuff you write it`s utter bollocks.......

You came on here being the big mouth a while back and made an absolute arse of it and slunk away for a couple of months.  This is a thread about the future of the Junior game which I started when Kelty left, its not difficult to know the content.  If you hate it that much then simply ignore it, instead you post on other completely unrelated threads and talk about......the Pyramid, and try to be the smart arse big mouth again.

You've failed to convince anyone of the merits of remaining Junior, your promised thread never materialised, and now you resort to pathetic sniping (along with others), incapable of reasoned debate.  So forgive me for not really giving a shit what you think, you're all mouth and no substance, and to think you're involved in running the Junior game. Frankly, you're not selling it to anyone.

11 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Every so often a poster or two pops up to trumpet about the positive aspects of the Junior grade and its culture (I'm honestly none too sure what that's even supposed to mean, but I guess my very honesty in that regard will itself attract criticism for not knowing and therefore not understanding!) but then singularly fails to offer up just what these positive aspects actually are. Local derbies and Scottish Junior Cup ties are proffered, but derbies and cup ties are hardly unique to the Juniors and as has been stated umpteen times, but umpteen times has not been taken on board, Junior Cup ties simply are not the be all and end all for most Junior clubs. No matter how often it's trumpeted, only a very few care or remember who won the thing this year, last year or ten/twenty/thirty years ago - it's a minor grade of football rarely recognised outwith our own wee enclave in the game. Don't shoot the messenger here, although I accept I'm making a sweeping and assumptive statement I'm quite confident it's true.

On the other hand, the positive aspects of a move to the EoSFL and to the pyramid have been stated often enough that I won't list them all again but they include genuinely exciting football related prospects such as fixture lists, U20's football, permitted use of floodlights for rearranged games should you have them, access to grant monies for member clubs to improve facilities, subsidised coaching courses, subsidised goalkeeping courses and so on - none of which seem on offer in the Junior grade. And all of this without an SFA licence. With one, even more possibilities open up in terms of national exposure in the Scottish Cup and the accompanying finance that can grow any club if properly used and reinvested in infrastructure. Again, unless you're the elite few who qualify for the Scottish Cup through a Junior Cup or Super League win, this ability to reinvest and grow through a flow down of sponsors monies to even the smallest of clubs simply isn't available in the Juniors. 

Yes, in the lowest rung of the pyramid a club will still go largely unrecognised and unknown outwith their immediate environs but the possibility really does exist to grow and to flourish - perhaps not it the SPFL but to the very limit of your capability and ambitions. Again, this simply isn't the case in the Juniors, an organisation that has been well warned of their failings but who have been unwilling to listen or to adapt and have been backed by those who see a run in the Scottish Junior Cup and a parade down their high street if they win it as the summit of their ambitions - and wow betide anyone who questions this.

This is an excellent and factual post, and should be sent to all junior clubs throughout the West, East, & North Regions.

There is a future role for the SJFA, but this won't be one which is controlling a West pyramid feeder league. The power in Scotland lies with the SFA, and the SJFA needs to be careful not to cause a fracturing of the West (in 2019/20), in the same way that it is  happening in the East.  The above summary of new opportunities, benefits and (yes) challenges, for clubs in the pyramid, far outweighs the traditions and history of the SJFA (however good they may have been ?), ..................................................... and let's never forget that fans (and players) of ALL football  clubs, big & small,  league & non-league, need to "live the dream."

On 1/5/2018 at 14:52, GLESGABOY said:

How do you know what the actual meeting agenda is? How do you know he isn`t at the meeting to be informed of some development or material change in the offering that he will then be required to present to the members? How do you know he`s actually offering any sort of opinion that`s supposed to be representative of the members (although 20 from 120 using your figures is not a mandate for any sort of change)

I`m going to put something up just shortly which will deal with the issue ,in my opinion anyway. Because clubs don`t share the same view as you in relation to integrating with another far from perfect system/organisation doesn`t make them parochial dinosaurs. The short answer is NO. I don`t believe the Juniors should be part of one overall league system under the jurisdiction of one governing body. Which single entity are you referring to? The SFA or SPFL or any of the other acronyms that currently deal with funding etc from within.

So the Juniors don`t integrate as you call it do your club have a working plan to jump over the fence to the field where the grass is greener OR do you stand and look over the fence whilst staying where you are and pouring scorn on the organisation that you`re a member of OR do you stay where you are and try and work with the other member clubs and produce something that makes the grass in the other field look a lot less green.............

Still waiting...........and in view of the survey results, your post hasn't aged well.......

The power in Scotland lies with the SFA, and the SJFA needs to be careful not to cause a fracturing of the West (in 2019/20), in the same way that it is  happening in the East.

I think there would have to be some pretty remarkable developments to stop a “fracturing” from 19/20.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You came on here being the big mouth a while back and made an absolute arse of it and slunk away for a couple of months.  This is a thread about the future of the Junior game which I started when Kelty left, its not difficult to know the content.  If you hate it that much then simply ignore it, instead you post on other completely unrelated threads and talk about......the Pyramid, and try to be the smart arse big mouth again.

You've failed to convince anyone of the merits of remaining Junior, your promised thread never materialised, and now you resort to pathetic sniping (along with others), incapable of reasoned debate.  So forgive me for not really giving a shit what you think, you're all mouth and no substance, and to think you're involved in running the Junior game. Frankly, you're not selling it to anyone.

Look at you getting your pyramidpanties in a knot. I`m well aware of the content. The future of the Junior game (on the thread that you started.....really?)  is now out of your hands and nothing more than an interesting distraction from your impending move to Utopia. Frankly I`m surprised you`ve got so much time to spare to pour scorn all over anyone else`s opinion if they appear to waver from your party line. I thought you would be filling out application forms for all the cash that`s coming your way for being in the pyramid?? For the avoidance of any doubt I`ll post where and when I see fit and if that irritates you (and it clearly does) then so much the better. You`re actually a bigger ass-clown than I gave you credit for if you think I`m involved in "running the Junior game" I`ve no need to sell anything, lets see how it plays out and then see who has the last laugh........... Now I`m going to apply the pigeon rule to you so feel free to howl away. I won`t be listening to anymore of your over inflated , self important bullshit musings............

4 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Now I`m going to apply the pigeon rule to you so feel free to howl away. I won`t be listening to anymore of your over inflated , self important bullshit musings............

He's running away again because he has nothing to contribute, all mouth an no substance  :lol:

Edited by Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, stevie2502 said:
5 hours ago, .Stuart. said:
Honestly, if someone didn’t want to travel more than an hour to see their team then maybe they should really question their support for the club.

So ive to give up my work to follow my team all over scotland??

If your team is one of the top 42 clubs in Scotland then yes you need to travel all over the country, but if it's one of the 16 Lowland teams below that, you only need to travel up as far as the Tay.

It's no different to the Junior pyramid - if you were a fan of Port Glasgow and they got promoted you'd need to start travelling to Kello and other places in Ayrshire.

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Had a wee swatch at the LL forum and there doesn't seem to be a mention about all the Junior defectors hopeing to join the elite.

They're probably not worried about a bunch of diddy clubs maybe or maybe not joining a level or two below them.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

If your team is one of the top 42 clubs in Scotland then yes you need to travel all over the country, but if it's one of the 16 Lowland teams below that, you only need to travel up as far as the Tay.

It's no different to the Junior pyramid - if you were a fan of Port Glasgow and they got promoted you'd need to start travelling to Kello and other places in Ayrshire.

Kello come from Dumfries & Galloway. A M8 told me to tell you in case your on the Chase and it crops up.