Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I have been to a few SOS and EOSL games, but see no evidence that it would generate even a glimpse of the passion or commitment I have witnessed over the years in Ayrshire.

Which ones?

Could be Cupar Hearts, but my prediction would be :  AM Soccer (Fife) AFC who's adult team is currently riding high in the Kingdom of Fife Premier League, and AMS did seriously enquire applying for one of the  Lowland League vacancies before it had its full compliment of 16 clubs.   This assumes that the club's home ground is of a reasonable standard ? 
AM soccer are based in Cupar, the plan when they were applying for the Lowland League had been to ground share with East Fife. Since then East Fife have laid a 3G and Kennoway Star Hearts are due to relocate their after the summer.

I can't remember the full Austin Macphee/Cupar Hearts story but I think there was a disagreement over buying in to his vision so he set up his own club which are now highly regarded.

For either club I think the pavilion at Duffus park has been done up but the ground overall would require a good bit of work. The Howe of Fife rugby club next door have invested heavily in facilities but not sure how welcoming or suitable they would be for football

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Any Junior grounds with soul will have this removed upon entry to the Pyramid. This is a Licencing requirement. Sorry.

Had a quick swatch at the grounds in the current EOSL and its an umbrella you pyramid throbbers will need never mind soul.

3 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Had a quick swatch at the grounds in the current EOSL and its an umbrella you pyramid throbbers will need never mind soul.

Not required because the sun will be shining every Saturday and every midweek when the games are being played as well. They will also be getting an extra Bank Holiday and discounts at Nandos and Greggs. 

8 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

How much cover is there at East Super side Carnoustie? By my reckoning, there is cover at most current EoS grounds, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth, Stirling Uni apart as some clubs have ongoing work - Saughton now has cover for example. Not sure on Ormiston's new ground. And where are Leith just now after leaving the Meadowbank 3G?

Edited by cmontheloknow

AM soccer are based in Cupar, the plan when they were applying for the Lowland League had been to ground share with East Fife. Since then East Fife have laid a 3G and Kennoway Star Hearts are due to relocate their after the summer.

I can't remember the full Austin Macphee/Cupar Hearts story but I think there was a disagreement over buying in to his vision so he set up his own club which are now highly regarded.

For either club I think the pavilion at Duffus park has been done up but the ground overall would require a good bit of work. The Howe of Fife rugby club next door have invested heavily in facilities but not sure how welcoming or suitable they would be for football
I don't think Austin was involved at Cupar Hearts when the discussions / proposal to use AM Soccers youth set up to feed into Cupar Hearts took place, although he had previously played for and managed them. I think the unsuccessful talks were what prompted the creation of the AM soccer adult side.

It would have made more sense to merge / link the AM youth set up into the Cupar Hearts adult side but for reasons I'm not privy to, Cupar Hearts didn't want to link up.

Your right, there was definitely talk of AM using bayview. I think this was for a newly formed lowland league side and my understanding was that this was in addition to the ammie team, and not instead of.

I thought Kennoway using Bayview was dead in the water due to the facility hire being higher than they anticipated. Maybe it's back on?

Knowing how ambitious (and capable) AM soccer are I'd be surprised if they weren't looking at an avenue into the pyramid.

11 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Throbbers? is that the standard of debate from you now  :wacko:

7 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Not required because the sun will be shining every Saturday and every midweek when the games are being played as well. They will also be getting an extra Bank Holiday and discounts at Nandos and Greggs. 

Any chance of starting up that thread you promised to detail the benefits of remaining Junior? you've been working on it for a while :lol:

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Any chance of starting up that thread you promised to detail the benefits of remaining Junior? you've been working on it for a while :lol:

Do you never sleep 8)

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

How much cover is there at East Super side Carnoustie? By my reckoning, there is cover at most current EoS grounds, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth, Stirling Uni apart as some clubs have ongoing work - Saughton now has cover for example. Not sure on Ormiston's new ground. And where are Leith just now after leaving the Meadowbank 3G?

You'll need an umbrella at Carnoustie, Forfar WE, Broughty Ath, and Kennoway as there's not much of it.  So a quarter of the East SL will require an umbrella.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Bingo!!.....Is Pro Pyramid Gansta the same as Wanka?? Asking for a friend.....:bag............ between you and Hamish you must be getting through some amount of bed sheets with all these pyramid wet dreams that you`re having. You have now left the building so why are you persisting with your barrage of pyramidpish? I see you were catching farts on another thread about your move to Utopia and if things are so bad why the f**k do you care what happens, you`ve left. Be a good chap and let the door hit your arse on the way out..cheerio noooo...

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You'll need an umbrella at Carnoustie, Forfar WE, Broughty Ath, and Kennoway as there's not much of it.  So a quarter of the East SL will require an umbrella.

Yep and you want to force all these wonderfull arena's into senior football.

2 hours ago, drs said:

I note that you and your red dotting "acolytes" all appear to have a difficulty with actually comprehending what has been written in the post you quoted.

Why do you say that?