Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

But it is for the LL ?
Dalbeattie Star had announced last season that they were putting in floodlights as they were about to become a league requirement for the Lowland League.

Currently Whitehill, CSS and Vale of Leithen don't have floodlights. Selkirk have installed them but don't seem to be able to use them and have 2 upcoming midweek games with an Early Kick off.

It's probably difficult to enforce at present, out of the 3licenced EoS teams only Kelty have floodlights. In the South St Cuthbert, threave Newton Stewart all have them

5 minutes ago, kefc said:

Rumour is it’s extemly unlikely that tomorrows deadline will be extended for new applicants into the EOS League for next season although clubs can put an application in tomorrow pending any EGMs or meetings they may have after the deadline.

Looking like any club not part of the EOS will remain Junior for next season, you’d think it’s too late for the SJFA to come to an agreement with the LL, EOS and the SFA to merge or join for next season especially up until the last couple of weeks the SJFA’s stance has always been that their clubs aren’t interested in the pyramid, hence “they never seen it coming” quote this week. The questionnaire blew that stance out the water.

Hearing as of today there’s 12 clubs applied so far 11 East, 1 West -

4 Superleague, 4 Premier, 3 South Region, 1 West

1 hour ago, ONeils40yarder said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why any Junior club would vote 'against' the notion of a complete pyramid.

Indeed, and there's already a pyramid in place for the juniors - just without anywhere to go once you become your region's Super League champions.

Most clubs would never get to that position and will remain in their own region's set up, so for them it'll be no different to just now. Found it funny to see Kirkcaldy YMCA (bottom of the East North division) say they were against joining the pyramid in the survey. I mean, just because you are in a pyramid doesn't mean you will be suddenly travelling across the country, playing clubs well above your level, or having to install floodlights.

Of course the obvious solution would've been for the entire junior setup to join at tier 6, and integrate the 19 senior clubs at that level into their leagues. However the time for that was last season when the EoS was at its weakest. Hopefully common sense prevails it can still be done in the west.

8 hours ago, ONeils40yarder said:

The whole discussion, to me, sums up Scottish society in a way, complete and total negativity from some for no other possible reason than being feart of any type of change.

I think this is the basic problem, and it has always seemed more prevalent in the West of the country. There are few places on earth where change and development are viewed so negatively.

11 hours ago, bendan said:

I think this is the basic problem, and it has always seemed more prevalent in the West of the country. There are few places on earth where change and development are viewed so negatively.

No there aren't...

43 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Correct, there seems to be some misinformation that you need so many things to be licensed.

The requirements are actually very little and easily achieveable for clubs if they want to do it.

There is a lot of hard work to get to the entry level, but with good governance and planning it can be achieved and maintained.

I'm not saying their isn't, I have been part of the process.  It requires the will of the committee to get off their arses and do it.  The hardest part is all the paperwork, the actual remedial works aren't that complex.  

Let's been honest some of those clubs that have a license aren't exactly the San Siro but they have done the work so fair play to them.

What is the plan for our pitch Tynie? Will the artificial stuff just be laid on top of what’s under the current grass pitch or will the whole thing be lowered down to actual ground level?

I'm not 100% sure as I have missed quite a few meetings recently with underthings but if memory serves they will have to ensure its level by whatever means before putting the base down.
There is quite a big dip from one side to the other even though it doesn't look like it so I envisage that will be a bit of work to level it all.

Just wondered. Be a fair amount to get dug up if it’s going to actual ground level given it’s raised about 2-3ft. From where I usually stand you can see that the pitch dips and where there’s a slight bump where there’s a drain below the pitch.

The base has to be level, so once they dig up the pitch and put down the drainage, they infill with hardcore then the shock pad then the pitch itself on top, then the rubber infill. There also has to be some form of "framing" of the pitch to prevent it moving, either concrete slabs and edging around the perimeter or something else.

They can’t all fit into the Eof S league without creating another lower division.

Existing clubs will have priority over incoming sides.  If only 2 clubs are promoted at the end on next season and subsequently it may take some time for clubs to make progress upwards towards the Lowlands League.

My concern is that this will be in the hands of the SFA or worse still involve the sjfa May have input!

Any new system will not be introduced unreliable 2019.  Leaves a question as to what happens to the clubs who have applied this year.

On 29/03/2018 at 07:59, Garret Deasy said:

So those running the Great Pyramid in the Sky have gone to the moneylenders.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005453/filing-history then click on charges for 21st March 2018

Why this, and why now? Just the pension black hole, or something else?  Come on your accountants/bankers out them give us a view. And you stattos, forget your obscure and obtuse fantasy leagues and tell us what you see here, instead of scrabbling to jump on a sinking ship.

Could be the SFA are now in the same position as Ranger were when Lloyds Bank put their man Manus Fullerton in place? Perhaps the Bank of Scotland now has first option on every pound that hits the SFA bank account before the SFA can get their hands on it.

Maybe the Scottish Football Association Limited (The SFA) needs junior clubs on board more than we need them? 

Edited to assist the pyramid afficianos understand what they are REALLY joining. Not saying to do or do not, just KNOW!

Maybe Hans Christain Andersen was ahead of his time

Remember kids, posting when steaming can make you look foolish.

Edited to assist the pyramid afficianos understand what they are REALLY joining. Not saying to do or do not, just KNOW!
Maybe Hans Christain Andersen was ahead of his time

Are you a nightmare merging of Pete Smyth and WaffleMint?