Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Cumbernauld Colts I have less of an issue with, at least they have a home ground and play in the area they represent.

BSC and Edusport on the other hand are a farce and highlight one major flaw with the licencing scheme, you don't need a home ground anywhere near the area you're supposed to be from.  That should be one of the cornerstones of club licencing.

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Who would you say the three are?
The ones with no history or supporters our the ones with history and no supporters.

My opinion is I'd rather watch Juniors with supporters and history. What's wrong with that?

Apologies, I forgot Edu makes 4.

Did Clyde actually start with history and support then?

Seriously though, the East-West issue behind all this needs rectified, as the LL was seen as EOS under another name. IMO there's too much prejudice against the LL as I doubt many people in the West have any experience of the LL beyond these boys clubs as you call them. I watch a fair bit of Juniors too and I come through for games. The West Super Premier is an excellent 'product' and as most people say there should be a West/East split.

Apologies, I forgot Edu makes 4.
Did Clyde actually start with history and support then?
Seriously though, the East-West issue behind all this needs rectified, as the LL was seen as EOS under another name. IMO there's too much prejudice against the LL as I doubt many people in the West have any experience of the LL beyond these boys clubs as you call them. I watch a fair bit of Juniors too and I come through for games. The West Super Premier is an excellent 'product' and as most people say there should be a West/East split.

You are correct, Clyde started with no history or support.
We formed in a highly populated area in Bridgeton, before half the old firm were formed, when football was growing rapidly.
That's not the case now with the "new teams"
It will be much harder to establish themselves.

15 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Patches,you  played in front of an attendance of 18 at a home game in Alloa.

Thst is a fact as the person I spoke to was there and counted them!

I have been to every home game, and I'll say it straight out, your "friend"is lying! Can you ask him for the game details and I will confirm this?

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

All this rage at 'new teams '(which somehow some of our oldest football clubs are bundled in with) always seems pretty arrogant tbh.

It seems that unless you meet some undefined criteria you can't be considered a 'proper football club'

If you organize a team to play football matches then you are a 'proper club'

We have a licensing criteria, most of which is pretty fair generally, and as long as you can achieve the standard for the league you play in and can achieve the results so you avoid relegation then you absolutely deserve to be there.

We were a joke club run by imbeciles who wanted to relocate the club at that time.Not starting up and trying to kid on we were a real football club!

Crowds at Greenock were lamentable but massive compared to what those imposters at BSC get! 

They really are a joke,spending money on a football team that nobody watches off the back of charging for kids coaching for the likes of netball!

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

v Selkirk how many paid in?

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

1 hour ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

Certainly a lot more than you quoted.

While I would love to indulge your petty vandetta,  I am not prepared to engage with someone who resorts to petty name calling.

Have a good season.

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

18 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Good swerve,a lot more? Aye right how many half a dozen? 

Youre kidding nobody,your club are a fanless joke who are an embarrassment to what is supposed to be level 5 of Scottish football.

Reagan and his cronies have cooked up this half arsed plan to have a pyramid but it's nothing near it and everyone knows it.

The sooner the SFA comes under scrutiny from the Govt the better.They couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

The SJFA aren't great but they've seen through the whole pyramid shambles from the start.The tin lid will be the inclusion of Colt teams in the lower "senior" leagues.

I have no interest in watching my club playing the bigot brothers boys teams with the sort of pond life that will appear at the matches.

You really shouldn't let your bitterness consume you, life is too short.

As I said, have a good season.

In my opinion, for the Lowland League to have credibility we needed many more junior teams joining.

Originally, the Senior authorities probably were hoping for the larger junior teams to join but they weren't interested.

The authorities then scrambled about looking for any club to fill those positions.

Hence we have teams involved watched by two men and a dug.

I just find teams like BSC just cheat the system, they win there respective league and pay rent to a pro team who has the amenities where teams like ie Lothian Thistle win there league but can't go up do to no funds to get up to the required standard for the LL. There is Kelty spending money on a new terrace and such and giving something back to the community and building for the future. I just used Kelty as an example.

22 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Yeah, running football to the specifications of internet loonballs should definitely be a political priority at the moment.