The DUP

Blootoon87

35 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Legitimate grievances? Most of the rioters are just weans by the looks of it. They're being raised into this bitterness and egged on by reckless bigots like Arlene Foster who should fucking know better.

You just have to look at the fully grown adults cheering and clapping as their young men go masked up into the riot.

Also the BBC trying it's best to not to pin the blame on Boris and Arlene, as clearly youths is a strange way to spell Loyalist Thugs.

Screenshot_20210408-100419.jpg

All the people who were clearly creaming themselves at the prospect of Republican violence if the Brexit deal went in a way they didn't like being horrified by this is extremely hypocritical.

The GFA has been undermined so violence was inevitable. The media won't link it to Boris though. 

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

All the more depressing, as the kids will have grown up with peace (or at worst relative peace). Easy to say having never lived in NI and growing up as I did unaware of the troubles but for a few IRA bombings in England, but I don't think they appreciate what they have. 

I agree Foster is awful, but I fear the problem lies a lot closer to home and upbringing than it does to the likes of her. She might embolden it, but the attitude exists. 

The “peace” seems to be a case of outsiders looking in and going oh well there has been no shootings or bombings in a while so everything must be fine 

All the while there are still the same walls dividing communities and dissident groups running certain areas . It’s a “peace” that never seemed like it would take too much to disrupt in all honesty 

Edited by Forever_blueco

All the people who were clearly creaming themselves at the prospect of Republican violence if the Brexit deal went in a way they didn't like being horrified by this is extremely hypocritical.
The GFA has been undermined so violence was inevitable. The media won't link it to Boris though. 

Crazy that the people causing this violence didn’t see this coming, if only there was a large democratic vote a few years ago that could have prevented it.

IMG_2044.jpg

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

You just have to look at the fully grown adults cheering and clapping as their young men go masked up into the riot.

Also the BBC trying it's best to not to pin the blame on Boris and Arlene, as clearly youths is a strange way to spell Loyalist Thugs.

Emergency government meetings would be the only natural response to the Port Glasgow young team's weekend exploits right enough.

1624557046_tenor(39).gif.c5152c8509217626b89fbe7ebffb82e1.gif

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Legitimate grievances? Most of the rioters are just weans by the looks of it. They're being raised into this bitterness and egged on by reckless bigots like Arlene Foster who should fucking know better.

59 minutes ago, Michael W said:

All the more depressing, as the kids will have grown up with peace (or at worst relative peace). Easy to say having never lived in NI and growing up as I did unaware of the troubles but for a few IRA bombings in England, but I don't think they appreciate what they have. 

I agree Foster is awful, but I fear the problem lies a lot closer to home and upbringing than it does to the likes of her. She might embolden it, but the attitude exists. 

Spot on. It's quite a stretch to imagine these uneducated chavvy morons that are willing to throw molotov cocktails at bus drivers have done so because they're politically switched on and have been listening to too much Arlene Foster rather than local gangs and family members. 

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Spot on. It's quite a stretch to imagine these uneducated chavvy morons that are willing to throw molotov cocktails at bus drivers have done so because they're politically switched on and have been listening to too much Arlene Foster rather than local gangs and family members. 

That's exactly what I said though. Not sure if you're quoting me in agreement or not. This is to do with the upbringing, idiots like Foster in positions of authority are just fanning the flames.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

That's exactly what I said though. Not sure if you're quoting me in agreement or not. This is to do with the upbringing, idiots like Foster in positions of authority are just fanning the flames.

I agree she's fanning the flames but I was just pointing out I think her impact is minor compared to other factors. 

Her tweet was ridiculous the other night but as I said I cant imagine she has much influence on chavvy teenagers out rioting. 

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

From what I can see the whole peace arrangement was signed up amongst a bluster of PR and great headlines for Blair with not much afterthought put in . 

Has there been any real meaningful attempts by political parties and parliament's to actually heal any wounds and issues between the two communities . I don’t see much evidence of it . Any cross community work and projects seems to come from local charities , schools and  clubs trying to do something . Sure mcguiness and Ian Paisley Made a good photoshoot and story But in terms of the ordinary man in the street little has been done in Northern Ireland to change attitudes and outlooks. 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I can think of a much obvious policy that was put in place with not much afterthought, that is causing public disorder in TFS right now. 

Aye but it made people in Barnsley happy. 

40 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Enjoying some American takes on the current situation.

IMG_20210408_121324.thumb.jpg.22b79e1974b493c2d781e955ae97c04d.jpgIMG_20210408_121327.thumb.jpg.51912ba1a84bcae9cee87acf88df71c9.jpgIMG_20210408_121329.thumb.jpg.18664ecf1fb2d0649320107865d5cd9a.jpgIMG_20210408_121332.thumb.jpg.5c3a04b81db8be7ccb278bc5a97fd245.jpg

Ron nailing his colours to the mast straight away with the Real IRA support . Bold from Ron 

the CIRA , PIRA and people’s front of the Irish republic having meetings on how go up their game 

Edited by Forever_blueco