The DUP

Blootoon87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't know if incompetence is better than corruption.
And we've most of the main players back in government! :lol:

Including the furtive Deputy FM, a willing exponent of the scheme in her time as Agriculture Minister. At least Big Arlene appears to be taking her failings on the chin, for what it’s worth?

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Including the furtive Deputy FM, a willing exponent of the scheme in her time as Agriculture Minister. At least Big Arlene appears to be taking her failings on the chin, for what it’s worth?

I think she has been pretty open about how slapdash she was about this whole affair. Apparently she relied too much on her SPAD to read the detail - which he didn't either - so there was only one way this was going to end.

ALL MLAs are responsible for this fiasco along with the Civil Service, the external consultants and the SPADS. Some more culpable than others, of course, but nobody comes out of this debacle looking good.

I think she has been pretty open about how slapdash she was about this whole affair. Apparently she relied too much on her SPAD to read the detail - which he didn't either - so there was only one way this was going to end.
ALL MLAs are responsible for this fiasco along with the Civil Service, the external consultants and the SPADS. Some more culpable than others, of course, but nobody comes out of this debacle looking good.

Absolutely and notwithstanding the three years of wasted deadlock at Stormont that ensued, as one party in particular attempted to make political concessions on the back of a failed programme they were initially fully supportive of.[emoji849]

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Who were the big winners? 

Moy Park Chickens I would have thought. They got all their suppliers to install bio mass boilers, therefore reducing their (suppliers) costs and producing better chickens and then screwing down the price they paid their suppliers.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/poultry-farmer-feels-he-is-a-scapegoat-of-the-failed-rhi-scheme-1.4201211

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...