The DUP

Blootoon87

Good to see this fine coalition representing the rights and beliefs of the whole country*

*unless you're poor, a catholic, an atheist, homosexual, unmarried, not a total c**t...etc

I don't know of a single Scottish Police Officer killed by the IRA? I believe the actions of the IRA were disgusting but ultimately we negotiate now with Saudi Arabia and indeed trade with them, we negotiated with Saddam, Pinochet and countless other monsters why should Corbyn be vilified more than any other?

Alright sorry for thinking you'd give a toss about your colleagues down south or in Northern Ireland - forgot your concerns finished at the border ...

39 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Corbyn the well known backchannel representative of the British state...

how come nobody ever has mentioned him trying to negotiate peace until now??

i m shocked at how short your memory is that you don't hold a grudge against someone who gave support to an organisation who maimed and killed hundreds of your colleagues.

In the next election I'd possibly hold my nose and vote for him but he will be forever tainted by his links to the IRA. Just as any MP who aligned themselves with salman Abedi and co should be forced tainted and barred from high office as a result.

By the same token, I imagine there were several UK politicians who supported the US effort to fund Al-Qaeda when they were trying to get the Soviets out of Afghanistan,

By the same token, I imagine there were several UK politicians who supported the US effort to fund Al-Qaeda when they were trying to get the Soviets out of Afghanistan,

I wouldn't defend our involvement in other sovereign country's affairs whether it be Afghanistan, chile or anyone else. We have been the biggest hypocrites going the way we rewrite history.
That doesn't make corbyn, McDonnell or that brain dead simpleton Abbot's past conduct any less morally repugnant.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I wouldn't defend our involvement in other sovereign country's affairs whether it be Afghanistan, chile or anyone else. We have been the biggest hypocrites going the way we rewrite history.
That doesn't make corbyn, McDonnell or that brain dead simpleton Abbot's past conduct any less morally repugnant.

Maybe.  The peace process in Northern Ireland meant talking to the IRA.  John Major and Tony Blair both knew that - as did the unionists, I suspect.  The question was how to do that tactfully without causing offence to a lot of people - especially those that have suffered.  Corbyn, McDonnell and others are guilty of clumsiness but I hardly think that means they should be locked up.

Good to see this fine coalition representing the rights and beliefs of the whole country*
*unless you're poor, a catholic, an atheist, homosexual, unmarried, not a total c**t...etc

This... and this is what sturgeon needs to drive home in media ie Ruth this is who YOUR party are in cahoots with.
SNP needs to really take the gloves off now... no more niceties

Maybe.  The peace process in Northern Ireland meant talking to the IRA.  John Major and Tony Blair both knew that - as did the unionists, I suspect.  The question was how to do that tactfully without causing offence to a lot of people - especially those that have suffered.  Corbyn, McDonnell and others are guilty of clumsiness but I hardly think that means they should be locked up.

I lived through the period. I've read extensively on the period from all sides. I can't recall ever having seen corbyn or his crew named as anyone involved in anyway in trying to bring about peace.
I am not naive, every terrorist group has to be brought to the table and negotiated with. In the early stages whilst they're active it's through back channels to appease the public. That's the reality and I accept it. Corbyn and co were apologists and nothing more.

26 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I lived through the period. I've read extensively on the period from all sides. I can't recall ever having seen corbyn or his crew named as anyone involved in anyway in trying to bring about peace.
I am not naive, every terrorist group has to be brought to the table and negotiated with. In the early stages whilst they're active it's through back channels to appease the public. That's the reality and I accept it. Corbyn and co were apologists and nothing more.

I can see your point.  I don't think Corbyn and others were so much apologists as simply being contrary.
In fact, Jeremy Corbyn has spent his whole career being contrary - challenging whatever is regarded as "accepted wisdom".
It is important to have people like this - but there are doubts that somebody like that can change tack, be less contrary, accept the role of party leader and become a future prime minister.
I suspect that is a big part of the hostility towards him - that he was quite happy to stay the same and never be prime minister.

I think his campaign has indicated that he actually does want to win - and hopes to do so without changing tack either and that has surprised a lot of people.

8 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

What's the craic? I believe they love the union and are fairly religious, that's about all I know. Fill me in.

I thought they were a parcel delivery service.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Previous leader of the DUP with an IRA bomber. They must support the IRA as well. a85c070457d6a530a5647a8c65eb7901.jpg

Fancy that. It's a cesspit we'd do well to stay out of.

Funny what power will do though. Paisley was a blawhard who whipped up young Proddies into hatred but didn't like being seen with them once they'd been sent down. Meanwhile he was laughing and joking with his Irish MEP colleagues in Brussels. Not to mention his sham church.

This may be a surprise to you but most of us want nothing to do with either side. That said, it isn't Sinn Fein that will probably be power-sharing over us sometime soon hence the focus on the DUP. Duh!

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

They don't, however I don't consider people from different forces to be colleagues let alone folks from an entirely different country. I abhor any loss of life connected with terrorism, especially on either side of a pointless whos the better christian type debate which has made Northern Ireland an absolute laughing stock. Any life lost is utterly wasted on pointless and childish petulant squabbles, its like the Americans keeping their civil war going, madness.

I think religion was a historic coincidence that was perpetuated by territorial issues. There was definitely discrimination against Catholics in the North that was exploited by the Republicans to help achieve the ultimate goal of a united Ireland. (I might not be putting that very well)

4 hours ago, Bedford White said:

Woops!

FB_IMG_1497025966463.jpg.289f0a79e5cf99d7834f790d8be798f4.jpg

wid. 

Question posed at work today "What do you think the DUP are wanting in an agreement"

Me "A fat pile of cash for NI... and state aid for Rangers to prevent Celtic getting another title!"