The DUP

Blootoon87

Will you vote Tory again if they do end up becoming extremely good pals?

I'd probably leave the party if there was some sort of formal coalition agreement. I'm not too upset about a confidence and supply arrangement as, in reality, the DUP have been supporting us on votes for a while now anyway. I'm not happy with this, but I understand that it's the only legitimate way of any party being able to form a government.

10 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Could be Scotland well into the 20th Century when the never on a Sunday brigade ran the place.

Indeed. Though even our remaining Presbyterian areas like Lewis and Harris are moving away from this.

Northern Ireland is still in the grip of this madness.

Wonder how many 'guid Proddie' Rangers fans observe the Sabbath btw?

A mate of mine got somedy's season ticket for a Sunday game last year because the guy who owns it refuses to watch the Rangers on the Sabbath.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If the DUP hold the Tories to a no hard border between NI and the republic it means Teresa May will have to take her "no deal is better than a bad deal" approach of the table- bet we won't hear much objections from the usual loud mouths about the 'coalition of chaos' then...

Has every post of yours since the election been whataboutery to avoid the issue?  You're quite a scummy wee chap these days, if you weren't already.

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If the DUP hold the Tories to a no hard border between NI and the republic it means Teresa May will have to take her "no deal is better than a bad deal" approach of the table- bet we won't hear much objections from the usual loud mouths about the 'coalition of chaos' then...

The Tories will go into coalition with the DUP so they can drop bits of their manifesto, particularly the commitment to a hard Brexit, as well as the dementia tax. 

Just now, mjw said:

'Loud mouths' on a written forum ffs.
Has there ever been a more seething mess of a poster unable to deal with others not sharing his views?

He's been an absolute shambles since the election.  More so than usual.  Which is strange given his party "won" and are being given hauners by his BFFs over the water.

Forgive my ignorance here, but why do the DUP oppose a hard border?

Given that they back Brexit and see their top right corner as entirely separate from the rest of the Island, I'd have thought they'd like the idea. 

I'm clearly missing something though.  Genuine question:  what is it?

Forgive my ignorance here, but why do the DUP oppose a hard border?
Given that they back Brexit and see their top right corner as entirely separate from the rest of the Island, I'd have thought they'd like the idea. 
I'm clearly missing something though.  Genuine question:  what is it?

Money. Who do you think most of their trade is with?